No announcement yet.

2010 Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, not a fan of another mid round WR....

Honestly, it'll be another depth adding year I think. We could use some more younger guys along the o-line....probably at S too.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      Yeah, not a fan of another mid round WR....

Honestly, it'll be another depth adding year I think. We could use some more younger guys along the o-line....probably at S too.
      I hope so, definitely at OL. I wouldnt mind seeing a RB taken in rounds 2-4 either pending on how Kevin Jones does this year as a #2.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

I like the Selvie pick. I would like to restock the lines this year as well. If we can go DE and FS with the first two picks, I would pretty happy with that. I think CJ Wilson from East Carolina would fit in well.

Comment

As a Gophers fan and season-ticket holder, I love Eric Decker, but even I would give Bennett and Iglesias a chance before drafting him, as he's a very similar player.

That said, I hope we draft him, so I don't have to root for another team.
          Last edited by bearsfan_51; 08-13-2009, 01:40 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
            I hope I get a scholarship from Minnesota so I can accept it, be on the team, and completely ruin them for you.
            You're obsession with me is flattering my good sir.

Comment

Cumberland has a sick physical skillset and has a ton of potential at the next level but the concerns are his work ethic and lack of production. I think a lot of it has to do with him not having a good passing Quarterback on a team surrounded with passing targets but I do know the coaching staff has questioned his work ethic before. If he puts it all together he could be a helluva player in the NFL. You can't teach his size, speed, and athleticism. He's a pretty decent route runner and has good hands as well. I'd be willing to take a chance on him assuming he progresses more this year and shows the willingness to work.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Didnt want to make a thread so I thought Id put this in here.

Opinions?

I think we'll resign Cutler to his $100mil give or take contract at the end of this season.

Gone.
                Adewale Ogunleye
                Adrian Peterson
                Josh Bullocks
                Jamar Williams

Resigned.
                Mark Anderson
                Danieal Manning
                Pisa Tinoisamoa
                Brad Maynard
                Jay Cutler

FA. Darryl Tapp - DE. 5yr - $15mil guaranteed $35-40mil potential. Terrific pass rusher. Accelerates very quickly and has closing speed. Has good upper and lower body strength and can shed blocks. Not just an speed edge rusher, he has a solid inside move as well.

2. Nate Allen - FS USF. Rangy FS with good speed. Has good height and bulk. Good willing tackler.

3. Myron Lewis - CB Vanderbilt. Tall, physical corner. Best fit is likely in a zone scheme. Vandy alum as well. Productive in the SEC.

4. Adam Ulatoski - RT Texas. OT is a definite need. Ulatoski isnt a mauler but he has a good all around game. He definitely needs to work on some things but he'd be a good fit and good value and has starting potential.

5. Sergio Render - OG Virginia Tech. Big, strong, physical OG. Playing well at LG this season but will likely be a RG in the NFL. Not a great athlete and struggles with uber-athletic DTs but is a great run blocker. Also has starting potential or at worst a good backup.

I wanted to address NT but I didnt see better value. I was gonna add Matt Jones to this but he'll be here before then.

Comment

Re-signing Danieal could get tricky. I think he can get starter money, and I'm not sure we're going to pay him that. I also don't understand why you guys want to add a cokehead to the team when we already have so many young and promising receivers.

At this point I'd probably just take the best O-lineman on the board, depending upon our ability to resign the guys we have. Another runningback might not be a bad idea if Garrett Wolfe isn't the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Re-signing Danieal could get tricky. I think he can get starter money, and I'm not sure we're going to pay him that. I also don't understand why you guys want to add a cokehead to the team when we already have so many young and promising receivers.

At this point I'd probably just take the best O-lineman on the board, depending upon our ability to resign the guys we have. Another runningback might not be a bad idea if Garrett Wolfe isn't the answer.
                    Young and promising? Sure. Good solid starting caliber? Not sure.

Comment

Also, not coke heads.

Comment

Also, not coke heads.
                        If it was marijuana would your feelings be different?

Comment

Of course. Long-term effects of weed are unknown, and it is not very addictive, if at all.

Coke is incredibly addictive, and considering he's been in troube twice now, I'm guessing his next stay in the league will be a short one. Not worth the time or roster spot.

Comment

Of course. Long-term effects of weed are unknown, and it is not very addictive, if at all.

Coke is incredibly addictive, and considering he's been in troube twice now, I'm guessing his next stay in the league will be a short one. Not worth the time or roster spot.
                            Well he is better than any WR we have on our roster and his skill set he has is much needed.

Comment

There's got to be a good reason other than coke-headedness that Matt Jones isn't already on a roster......and I'm assuming that we won't want him for whatever reason that is.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                There's got to be a good reason other than coke-headedness that Matt Jones isn't already on a roster......and I'm assuming that we won't want him for whatever reason that is.
                                maybe because he has never been a good WR?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information