Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
    alright Beer. Who do you think we take?

Do we go OG if Asamoah and Jerry stay on board or do they go with one of the remaining Safeties? Burnett?? Jerome Murphy? AOA??
    I've been sitting here for about 15 minutes saying "trade up trade up trade up trade up" under my breath for Burnett....no dice.

A lot of guys who would have been nice are going now too...Asamoah, Jerry now....hmm.

I guess I can deal with Major Wright.

Comment

• Couldnt be more disappointed in the Major Wright pick.

Comment

• I wanted Campbell! I read that Martz likes his RTs to be like LTs...Bruce Campbell would have been a fantastic addition to our offensive line. Even down the road, it would have been nice to have young OTs to be here for a while.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• I haven't seen enough of Major Wright to truly comment on him, but I think he's a lock to start, which isn't saying much.

I wouldn't mind grabbing another safety in the 4th if Jones is available. I know some will think it's over kill, but we badly need athletes back there..

I was hoping for Wright, Jones, Campbell, or Everson Griffen.

Comment

• Forgot Bruce Campbell was there. Well at least we got our annual backup SS.

Comment

• Yeah, I can't see Wright not starting right away. He's rangier than any of Payne, Steltz and Afalava and is willing to tackle unlike Manning.

Comment

• I'm actually really disappointed now, there were much better guys on the board. **** you Jerry

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                  Couldnt be more disappointed in the Major Wright pick.
                  Why? He was the best safety on their board and can play FS. Maybe Chad Jones or Bruce Campbell would've been better but I think it was a damn solid pick. Big time hitter with good range and is a playmaker in the secondary. It could've been a lot worse..cough Robert Johnson cough.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                    I'm actually really disappointed now, there were much better guys on the board. **** you Jerry
                    Like who? Bruce Campbell? We had a need and addressed it with a talented player. I wish JA would've traded up for Burnett, Speivey, etc but he sat back and drafted the best player at Safety on his board.

Mayock and Kiper both loved the pick so I don't know what everyone is bitching about.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZnLEGJaiU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG4v-VczrjE

He can definitely play in run support.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                        Like who? Bruce Campbell? We had a need and addressed it with a talented player. I wish JA would've traded up for Burnett, Speivey, etc but he sat back and drafted the best player at Safety on his board.

Mayock and Kiper both loved the pick so I don't know what everyone is bitching about.
                        The fact that Oakland passed on Bruce Campbell, THREE times, is enough for me.

I'll take him in the 4th though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                          The fact that Oakland passed on Bruce Campbell, THREE times, is enough for me.

I'll take him in the 4th though.
                          He's a combine warrior. A lot of physical tools but is still very raw. We don't need any more projects in the 3rd round. We need guys who can step in right away and play. I think Major can step in and play. I'll take him in the 4th though, I agree. Kid has some serious upside.

Btw, for those wanting Chad Jones. I was reading up on him and he seems like another project at Safety. Big time physical tools but has marginal instincts and is extremely raw from what Scott Wright wrote in his profile.

Comment

He's a combine warrior. A lot of physical tools but is still very raw. We don't need any more projects in the 3rd round. We need guys who can step in right away and play. I think Major can step in and play. I'll take him in the 4th though, I agree. Kid has some serious upside.

Btw, for those wanting Chad Jones. I was reading up on him and he seems like another project at Safety. Big time physical tools but has marginal instincts and is extremely raw from what Scott Wright wrote in his profile.
                            Oakland passes on him three times in a row and drafts a different physical specimen project OT in the 3rd over Campbell.. Scary **** right there.

Jones is raw and his timed numbers aren't as good as Wright's. But I think he's a better athlete. Keep in mind Jones has never focused fully on football full time. He was a hot baseball prospect coming out of HS, probably would have been a 2nd rounder, decided to play both sports at LSU, and won a national championship playing baseball.

I just hope we got this one right. My sanity cannot handle another failed safety draft choice.

Comment

Why? He was the best safety on their board and can play FS. Maybe Chad Jones or Bruce Campbell would've been better but I think it was a damn solid pick. Big time hitter with good range and is a playmaker in the secondary. It could've been a lot worse..cough Robert Johnson cough.
                              He may be given the FS spot but he's not a good fit. He's an in the box SS. If that's what we want then whatever. There's a reason why GB is a LOT better then us and this is it. They move up for Burnett a 2nd round caliber guy who is good enough to play either FS or SS and we take Wright a 3rd/4th round caliber player who is a pure in the box SS.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                                He may be given the FS spot but he's not a good fit. He's an in the box SS. If that's what we want then whatever. There's a reason why GB is a LOT better then us and this is it. They move up for Burnett a 2nd round caliber guy who is good enough to play either FS or SS and we take Wright a 3rd/4th round caliber player who is a pure in the box SS.
                                I would've preferred Burnett but he was off the board. Jerry's conservative drafting cost him his #1 safety at that slot (from what I've heard). I'm in agreement with you that he's not the best pure FS safety we could've gotten, but he was the best safety on the board. Maybe we'll address FS in the 4th round or pick someone up in F/A. All I know though is that Wright has some potential to be a player for us. Keep in mind that our SS position isn't very strong either.

Wright struggles in man coverage, which is good because we play zone. He has good range and is a playmaker. I like the pick personally and think Jerry did a solid job drafting a good player.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information