Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now that we have two high picks...

Who do you want?

Here are my top 11 players for those two picks (within reason of course)

1)Michael Griffin
    2)Dwayne Jarrett (not likely to be there, but you never know)
    3)Sidney Rice
    4)Justin Blaylock
    5)Joe Staley
    6)Darelle Revis
    7)Aaron Sears
    8)Justin Durant
    9)Brandon Mebane
    10)Zach Miller
    11)Eric Weddle
    Last edited by bearsfan_51; 03-05-2007, 07:11 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Who do you want?

Here are my top 10 players for those two picks (within reason of course)

1)Michael Griffin
    3)Sidney Rice
    4)Justin Blaylock
    5)Joe Staley
    6)Darelle Revis
    7)Aaron Sears
    7)Justin Durant
    8)Brandon Mebane
    9)Zach Miller
    10)Eric Weddle
    bold = not worth that high of a pick...

I have a feeling that JA might try and move up to the top 20... maybe Greg Olsen? Dwyane Jarrett or Bowe? Or possibly Levi Brown if he falls...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

My list (top 5 for 31 and top 5 for 37)

31:
      1. Jarrett/Bowe/Olsen (one of them could be there)
      2. Jon Beason
      3. Michael Griffin
      4. Joe Staley
      5. Justin Blalock

37:
      1. Sidney Rice
      2. Staley/Blalock (at least one of them should be available)
      3. John Wendling
      4. Aaron Ross
      5. Aaron Sears

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
        bold = not worth that high of a pick...

I have a feeling that JA might try and move up to the top 20... maybe Greg Olsen? Dwyane Jarrett or Bowe? Or possibly Levi Brown if he falls...
        Durant is questionable, but with his 40 time and his fit in our scheme I think he's worth it.

Keep in mind I'm including the 37th as well. Mebane is projected as a early 2nd and Miller won't fall as much as some are predicting IMO.

Comment

My top 10...

1) Michael Griffin
          2) Dwayne Jarrett
          3) Joe Staley
          4) Justin Blaylock
          5) Aaron Sears
          6) Sidney Rice
          7) Darrelle Revis
          8) Levi Brown (I can dream can't I?)
          9) Ben Grubbs
          10) Paul Posluszny (sp?)

8 and 10 are more dream picks but oh well...And I doubt JA moves up. If anything he'll trade down.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

hopefully not Greg Olsen... and i just don't see JA trying to move up, he never does that... IF he did though, I'd love to see us grab either Jarrett or Nelson.

Assuming we stay pat, i still look for Jarrett and Michael Griffen.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
              My list (top 5 for 31 and top 5 for 37)

31:
              1. Jarrett/Bowe/Olsen (one of them could be there)
              2. Jon Beason
              3. Michael Griffin
              4. Joe Staley
              5. Justin Blalock

37:
              1. Sidney Rice
              2. Staley/Blalock (at least one of them should be available)
              3. John Wendling
              4. Aaron Ross
              5. Aaron Sears
              Haha...you say my players aren't worth it and you've got Wendling in the high 2nd? I like Wendling but I doubt it.

Comment

Hey, does anyone have the value chart?

How far can 31 + 37 move you up?

I fully expect JA not to move up though, and take 2 players.

Comment

Considering we don't have another 2nd, I highly doubt we move up. That would leave us with basically one pick in the first day, as our 3rd rounder is one of the last.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Who do you want?

Here are my top 10 players for those two picks (within reason of course)

1)Michael Griffin
                    3)Sidney Rice
                    4)Justin Blaylock
                    5)Joe Staley
                    6)Darelle Revis
                    7)Aaron Sears
                    7)Justin Durant
                    8)Brandon Mebane
                    9)Zach Miller
                    10)Eric Weddle
                    Let's establish needs and take it from there. The Bears need a SS, they need a possession WR, a TE to eventually fill in for Clark, Tackles for their aging duo...and I guess thats it.

Now, as far as Tackles go, I wouldn't touch any in this draft. None wow me at all, and I think with the run heavy nature of the team, it won't help that much in the immediate future anyway. And also, next year's draft will be much better as far as Tackle talent is concerned.

SS, this is a must get imo. I think that its imperative to have quality depth here, and I like guys like Griffin and Weddle in this scheme. The question is, where will these 2 project?

With the depth at safety this year, I highly doubt 5 of them go within 2 rounds. So is it worth spending a 2nd on one of those 2 knowing that one of them could potentially fall to you guys in the 3rd? Worst case scenario Marvin White could be had on day 2.

OLB is fine. You guys have enough there, and this draft class is weak anyway. Briggs will be back.

TE...Id stick with Clark for a year I guess. Olsen is more of a necessity pick than a want, he'll go higher than he deserves because theres absolutely no TEs in this draft.

WR should be taken. Theres a ton of names that can fit the bill. Jarrett, Meachem, Rice, Gonzalez. I like Gonzalez's intangibles, he's a hard worker, reliable hands, and good team guy. Im big on character this year, which is why he's my preferred guy. Trust me, from experience with the Giants...the less divas the better.

I like any combination of SS, then WR or WR then SS. The Bears have options, and they'll definately get what they want. No one will cheat them out of a player. Kudos to Angelo for setting up the draft perfectly in day 1.

Comment

i just don't think Anthony Gonzalez is the type of Big target that we need... The other three you listed are more of what i think we need from that position.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                        i just don't think Anthony Gonzalez is the type of Big target that we need... The other three you listed are more of what i think we need from that position.
                        Yeah, after thinking it over, I think youre right. If thats the case, I like Jarrett.

Alot will be said of his speed, but the kid is a player, and he'll grab anything. At the end of the day, thats what you want out of your possession guy. We'll get a better idea of him after he runs at his pro day. He's gonna run right?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Yeah, after thinking it over, I think youre right. If thats the case, I like Jarrett.

Alot will be said of his speed, but the kid is a player, and he'll grab anything. At the end of the day, thats what you want out of your possession guy. We'll get a better idea of him after he runs at his pro day. He's gonna run right?
                          i don't think he can get away with not running at his pro day... even Reggie Bush ran at his pro day. I for one hope he runs an awful time so that he has a better chance of falling. If you watch him on film you see that not only does he get adequate seperation, but he also doesn't need it because he's great on jump balls, and just has amazing hands.

Comment

I'd be very very suprised if Jarrett drops to 31, but if he does I would snatch him up without a second thought.

Comment

I think that we should trade down now, i think we should trade down 37 to mid second and grab zach miller and pick up a 3rd

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information