Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offical Thomas Jones Trade/Questions Thread

Benson Era!

This is a great deal for both teams. If Jones has a good, injury free year in NY, he could get a good deal to last him unitl he retires. The O-Line for the Jets is going to be good for quite some time.

The Bears will have a great chance to pick who they want in the draft now and not worry about choosing one guy over another. Now they can get two guys around the same talent level without having to pay too much for them. Or, they could use those picks with Briggs and make a considerable move up the board and get someone they really want to complete that D, or get someone who can contribute on O right away.
    This is a great deal for da Bears!
    Last edited by UTPATS; 03-05-2007, 11:31 PM. Reason: needed more stuff!
    2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
    - Cleveland Browns GM
    - Dallas Cowboys GM
    - Atlanta Falcons GM

I'm not sure its a good thing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2788962

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

I loved Jones, but I completely understand the move on both ends.

The fact that Jones only had one year left on his contract makes this a great coup for the Bears. I would rather have a player with the 67th pick (the value of trading up from the Bears pick to the Jets) for 4-5 years than Jones for one.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

This is a very good trade. The point value between 37 and 63 was about the value of a mid 3rd rounder, correct? Thomas Jones' value was at about a 3rd round pick, IMO.

Also, with Briggs likely to be traded, where the Bears would get an early first day pick likely, the Bears could end up with 3 picks in the 20-30's.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

No Smokey, it's a high 3rd. The value chart is on the front page you lazy bum. Not to mention I just said that in the post above you.

Comment

nice i really think benson can developpe into a Probowler now that he has the oppertunity to carry the load

Comment

good trade for us... i still really like Brandon Jackson from Nebraska... nother Big 12 guy, i just have a good feeling about him.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Atleast no one is freaking out like almost all the other Bears fans every where else, and I happen to think it was a decent trade.

Comment

Originally posted by blkwdw13 View Post
                  Atleast no one is freaking out like almost all the other Bears fans every where else, and I happen to think it was a decent trade.
                  I bet their getting their torches ready over at the official board. JA better lay low for a couple days.

Comment

Most of them are but there is a few that realize this isn't a bad deal.

Comment

Most Bears fans are idiots, as I've stated on numerous occasions.

Comment

Well this gives us more flexibility with our first pick. But we didnt acquire another pick so that kinda irks me, overall good trade, but the lack of an acquisition bothers me.
                        Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                        Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                          Well this gives us more flexibility with our first pick. But we didnt acquire another pick so that kinda irks me, overall good trade, but the lack of an acquisition bothers me.
                          It's the value of a high 3rd. We could trade down and pick up more books if we want. Look at it however you please.

Comment

I love the trade, we get rid of a guy who is not happy here, has 1 year left on his contract and is looking to get paid Benson-Money, and we get a higher draft choice in what I believe is a pretty nice strong draft. I am hoping we do the same with Briggs, cause then we dont just lose him for nothing. Props to JA.

Brandon Merriweather anyone? ;)

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Questions about Thomas JOnes

I know He's a good player, but where specifically does he excell. Inside or Outside? Can he catch out of the Backfield? Pass Blocking? THanks

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information