No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be angry with Baldwin in the first. He's a project who will take some work.....I'll pass.

Love in the 2nd would be good.

Austin isn't worth a 3rd round...I don't get all the fascination with him...is it still his high school hype? He didn't look very good while playing at UNC, and now with the year off....later rounder at best. He'd have to work out real well to rise higher than that in my book.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      I'd be angry with Baldwin in the first. He's a project who will take some work.....I'll pass.

Love in the 2nd would be good.

Austin isn't worth a 3rd round...I don't get all the fascination with him...is it still his high school hype? He didn't look very good while playing at UNC, and now with the year off....later rounder at best. He'd have to work out real well to rise higher than that in my book.
      Baldwin isnt really a project. He's a good all around player who comes from a pro style system. He also had a very productive college career. Its not his fault he played with a garbage QB in a run 1st O. If he falls to us Id be all over him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
        1st rd: Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt
        2nd rd: Demarcus Love OT Ark.
        3rd rd: Marvin Austin DT NC
        4th rd: Shareece Wright CB USC

Or

Trade 1st, 3rd, J Knox, and next years second for Larry Fitz ^_^ i know unrealistic but a guy can hope right?
        I dont think it would even take that much to get Fitz. A 1st and 2nd should do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
          Baldwin isnt really a project. He's a good all around player who comes from a pro style system. He also had a very productive college career. Its not his fault he played with a garbage QB in a run 1st O. If he falls to us Id be all over him.
          He struggles to get separation and has already shown some diva-like behavior throwing his team under the bus after declaring.

Even if they seem like they can barely speak English sometimes during interviews, I'd rather have personalities like Knox and Hester.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            He struggles to get separation and has already shown some diva-like behavior throwing his team under the bus after declaring.

Even if they seem like they can barely speak English sometimes during interviews, I'd rather have personalities like Knox and Hester.
            I've been on record for months saying he was the most overrated prospect in this class.

If you want the straight line one trick pony - you take Floyd out of Notre Dame who doesn't come with even half the baggage.

Baldwin is no scholar himself when he speaks. I would stay far away from this one.

However, he is talented and will get picked in the 2nd round.

Comment

• Really Regoob? If that's possible I'd be all over it. Fitz is a superstar WR that would help Cutler out immensely. If they wanted both picks in the same year i'd say no but would counter offer with a 1st and 6th (or 5th) this year and a second next year.

Btw, we all know we need to fix the O-line but what's everybody's take on what we should be addressing beyond that?

My list goes like this, 1: OG/C 2:OT 3:CB 4:DT 5:FB 6:WR 7:OLB 8:TE 9:DE 10:S
              My list is based off of our long term talent depth, compared with immediate need. So basically is their a working starter there and will he be here in two years.

OG/C: Kreutz and Garza are at the end of their ropes. Both are aged veterans who due more to craftiness have held it together this year. Chris Williams is sub par but will most likely be given a year or two more to prove he can handle the position. This is both an immediate need and a talent deficient spot.

OT: Jay Cutler needs to be protected and the current group is not getting it done. I'd like to see Webb get a season more before I slam the door shut on him, but an upgrade at LT is in dire need. This spot is terribly deficient in long term talent. Immediate need is there, but not as pressing as G/C is.

CB: Tillman is **** in coverage, and although Tim Jennings played well for us, I dunno if he's our answer at corner. DJ Moore has played well at the nickel position though, so props to him. i hope Tillman would come back as a special coach to teach that punch out move of his, that is his one excellent trait. Here is a place where I believe we again have immediate need, and a need in long term talent.

DT: Both our starters performed admirably. Who were they again? These guys are not pass rushers and I understand that, but we need to find some talented motivated guys to collapse the pocket from the inside. I once thought Marcus Harrison could be that guy but he hasn't shown up in awhile. I admit that Henry Melton makes for an excellent situational pass rusher though.

FB: We don't have one on the roster, and I dunno where to find the stat, but I think I remember hearing that Forte had like another yard per carry when he ran behind a full back. Yes please. But as for a breakdown, we have a poor run blocking offensive line, and I think adding a guy who can just blast guys out of the hole would really help our running game.

WR: We have long term talent and we have decent starters, so why is it on this list? No number 1. I like Knox, and it is within the realm of possibility that he becomes that "guy" but I'm not holding my breath. We do not have a talent who on a poor throw goes up and gets the ball. So what we are looking for here is just a talent. A guy who is that go to guy.

OLB: Not Briggs! Pisa is a good linebacker, and Roach filled in admirably, but we still have no one for the strong side once Pisa is done in a year or two. Roach looked pretty good, but not on Pisa's level, let alone Brigg's or Urlachers. So it is time to look for the heir apparent on the SLB side.

TE: I do not like Greg Olsen's bad blocking, but okay. Kellen Davis is super athletic so I expect to start seeing him more next year. All we need is a third guy who is balanced, a good blocker and solid receiver. Manu-whatever isn't cutting it and Dez is long in the tooth.

DE: Some will argue this needs to be higher, but I am high on this group. I think Izzy does a really good job, but I am really high on Corey Wooten. He is learning from Peppers and I think will be a great player one day. Plus it just tickles me that he knocked Favre on his ass. But, even though I think he will be good, doesnt mean he will be, and even if he is good, who knows if Peppers will still be playing at such a high level.

S: Chris Harris has played well. I like what Major Wright brings, my only concern is can this group stay healthy? I would like to eventually find a replacement for Harris whom I just don't trust, but he is a solid starter.

So there's my reasoning! Have fun tearing it up!
              Last edited by Bearsfan123; 01-11-2011, 10:46 PM.
              Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
              Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                I've been on record for months saying he was the most overrated prospect in this class.

If you want the straight line one trick pony - you take Floyd out of Notre Dame who doesn't come with even half the baggage.

Baldwin is no scholar himself when he speaks. I would stay far away from this one.

However, he is talented and will get picked in the 2nd round.
                Baldwin is academic all-conference. I dont understand how one comment completely changes are his perceived character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                  Really Regoob? If that's possible I'd be all over it. Fitz is a superstar WR that would help Cutler out immensely. If they wanted both picks in the same year i'd say no but would counter offer with a 1st and 6th (or 5th) this year and a second next year.
                  Well only if they actually wanted to trade him, which I doubt they would. Keep in mind the monster contract the new team would have to take on and pay him.

Comment

• Fellow Bears fans,

We should draft Christian Ballard in the 2nd or 3rd and Tyler Sash in the 4th or 5th.

That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                      Fellow Bears fans,

We should draft Christian Ballard in the 2nd or 3rd and Tyler Sash in the 4th or 5th.

That is all.
                      **** that. We should draft Martez Wilson. Imagine what Rod could do with that type of physical specimen.

I'd love Liuget and Leshoure as well, but we have other needs that trump DT and RB that early.

I'm still on the OL, OL, OL, OL, WR, OL, OL, OL, OL, DT board though.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• No thank you to Martez. Unless we make him a DE, and even then I don't want to draft a DE earlier than like round 5. AS a LB, I absolutely do not want him.

Honestly, I do want Liuget depending whos available and if we can get him in like the late 2nd (doubtful). I pretty much want all OL and maybe one or 2 DT/DB.

But we should get Sash in one of the later rounds. He's the perfect cover 2 SS and he's Jimmer Jamming. Plus, even if we don't start him, he would be orgasmic on STs his first year.

Comment

• Craig Steltz much?
                          I want a sig.

Comment

But we should get Sash in one of the later rounds. He's the perfect cover 2 SS and he's Jimmer Jamming. Plus, even if we don't start him, he would be orgasmic on STs his first year.
                            Is that you, Lovie?

God knows we need a 7th strong safety on this team.

Comment

No thank you to Martez. Unless we make him a DE, and even then I don't want to draft a DE earlier than like round 5. AS a LB, I absolutely do not want him.

Honestly, I do want Liuget depending whos available and if we can get him in like the late 2nd (doubtful). I pretty much want all OL and maybe one or 2 DT/DB.

Liuget is far and away a first rounder. I think he goes right around #20.

You don't want a DE before round 5? It's one of the biggest needs on this team.

I'd like to see a draft like:

1 - Allen Bailey - DE - Miami
                              2 - Marcus Gilbert - OT - Florida
                              3 - Marvin Austin - DT - UNC

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                                1 - Allen Bailey - DE - Miami
                                2 - Marcus Gilbert - OT - Florida
                                3 - Marvin Austin - DT - UNC
                                I would personally hunt down and kill Jerry Angelo if that happened. Because we definitely need another oversided DE/UT tweener, an overrated NFL RT only, and a GROSSLY overrated DT. Ew Ew Ewww.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information