2011 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    I would personally hunt down and kill Jerry Angelo if that happened. Because we definitely need another oversided DE/UT tweener, an overrated NFL RT only, and a GROSSLY overrated DT. Ew Ew Ewww.
    I think all 3 could start next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
      I think all 3 could start next season.

I'm uh....gonna go leave the thread for a bit and cool off, and come back when the rage subsides to inform you why I think you are incorrect.

Comment

Liuget is far and away a first rounder. I think he goes right around #20.

You don't want a DE before round 5? It's one of the biggest needs on this team.

I'd like to see a draft like:

1 - Allen Bailey - DE - Miami
        2 - Marcus Gilbert - OT - Florida
        3 - Marvin Austin - DT - UNC
        Charles Barkley would shake his head and say "turrible" if he saw that. I'd just turn red and start punting puppies.

I'm thinking more like:

1- Gabe Carimi, RT/LT Wisconsin
        2- Leonard Hankerson, WR Miami
        3- Alex Linnenkohl, C Oregon State

...and DE is deep as can be on this team. Saying it's one of the biggest needs can only be trolling. It's about 10th on the list of positions of need. Peppers is the beast. Idonije is capable. Melton is ok.

Write this one down for the future: Corey Wootten is going to be a premier DE in this league.
        Last edited by Monomach; 01-14-2011, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• I just worked it out. Before drafting a DE, I want:

LT
          RT
          LG
          RG
          C
          go-to WR
          FS
          UT
          CB
          another CB
          MLB of the future
          SLB
          P
          backup QB

Basically, I want a DE more than I want a fullback, kicker, or strong safety.

Comment

• Yea, DE is not a need. And certainly not first round, or even 2nd.

As for Liuget, I'm just secretly hoping he bombs his workouts because there's no way he falls past the first 5 or so picks in the 2nd at the latest. I wouldn't mind him in the late first, but depends on what OL is available.

And me saying Sash is just because I love me some Sash and he plays in a cover 2. We really don't need him. I just want the Bears to draft a player from Iowa, I don't care who.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
              Yea, DE is not a need. And certainly not first round, or even 2nd.

As for Liuget, I'm just secretly hoping he bombs his workouts because there's no way he falls past the first 5 or so picks in the 2nd at the latest. I wouldn't mind him in the late first, but depends on what OL is available.

And me saying Sash is just because I love me some Sash and he plays in a cover 2. We really don't need him. I just want the Bears to draft a player from Iowa, I don't care who.
              We'll get Riley Reiff for you next year. Or Micah Hyde in two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                We'll get Riley Reiff for you next year. Or Micah Hyde in two years.
                I....love you?

Actually, I'm hoping for Morris in 3 years to take over for Urlacher. Morris is the sekz.

But seriously, I basically just want us to take random types of OL all throughout the draft and see who sticks. Other positions we can at least make due with what we currently have.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  I would personally hunt down and kill Jerry Angelo if that happened. Because we definitely need another oversided DE/UT tweener, an overrated NFL RT only, and a GROSSLY overrated DT. Ew Ew Ewww.
                  How is Gilbert overrated? I live in FL and watch every FL game. Usually more than once since they replay them on Sunday morning before the NFL games. He's a very good athlete who does everything well. Im very high on him. He's very similar to Derek Sherrod. I definitely think he's a 2nd rounder and may go before our 2nd round pick.

I dont like the Bailey pick and Id be ok with Austin.
                  Last edited by regoob2; 01-14-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                    Charles Barkley would shake his head and say "turrible" if he saw that. I'd just turn red and start punting puppies.

I'm thinking more like:

1- Gabe Carimi, RT/LT Wisconsin
                    2- Leonard Hankerson, WR Miami
                    3- Alex Linnenkohl, C Oregon State

...and DE is deep as can be on this team. Saying it's one of the biggest needs can only be trolling. It's about 10th on the list of positions of need. Peppers is the beast. Idonije is capable. Melton is ok.

Write this one down for the future: Corey Wootten is going to be a premier DE in this league.
                    Carimi is not a LT. Definitely not in a Martz offense. He's really overrated. Hankerson isnt really a good fit for the system with his lack of speed. Linnenkohl also isnt a good fit and isnt very physical. Very athletic though. He's more of a ZBS guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                      Carimi is not a LT. Definitely not in a Martz offense. He's really overrated. Hankerson isnt really a good fit for the system with his lack of speed. Linnenkohl also isnt a good fit and isnt very physical. Very athletic though. He's more of a ZBS guy.
                      I really like Gilbert as well.

I agree Carimi is not even close to a LT. I think he plays inside in the NFL.

I like Hankerson, but he is nowhere near a #1 in the NFL, and if we are going for wideout early - I think he has to have superstar potential.

I like Bailey more than most. I am kinda surprised people don't think DE is a need. This entire defense is based off the front four. We have Peppers locked up longterm - I think it's imperative to find another impact DE on the other side if this team is a legit superbowl contender.

I'll be honest - I see Peppers and a whole lot of nothing on the DL. I like Izzy and think he would be a great #3 DE, but I think we can do better.

I hate pretty much everything we have inside. We have nice guys with motors, but no impact players inside.

The defensive line could be majorly upgraded.

Comment

I really like Gilbert as well.

I agree Carimi is not even close to a LT. I think he plays inside in the NFL.

I like Hankerson, but he is nowhere near a #1 in the NFL, and if we are going for wideout early - I think he has to have superstar potential.

I like Bailey more than most. I am kinda surprised people don't think DE is a need. This entire defense is based off the front four. We have Peppers locked up longterm - I think it's imperative to find another impact DE on the other side if this team is a legit superbowl contender.

I'll be honest - I see Peppers and a whole lot of nothing on the DL. I like Izzy and think he would be a great #3 DE, but I think we can do better.

I hate pretty much everything we have inside. We have nice guys with motors, but no impact players inside.

The defensive line could be majorly upgraded.
                        I agree that the DE position should at least be looked at. Id be happy if we took a DE and if we didnt. Izzy isnt getting any younger and we could use a developmental guy to contribute 3 years from now.

Comment

I agree that the DE position should at least be looked at. Id be happy if we took a DE and if we didnt. Izzy isnt getting any younger and we could use a developmental guy to contribute 3 years from now.
                          Corey Wootton?

Are both Sidney Rice and Tramon Williams FA this offseason? I would really like to steal those guys away. Then we could focus on the OL and finding a DT in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by k0ng View Post
                            Corey Wootton?

Are both Sidney Rice and Tramon Williams FA this offseason? I would really like to steal those guys away. Then we could focus on the OL and finding a DT in the draft.
                            I really like Wootton but we could use a 4th who could become our #3 in a few years. Not the biggest need but could be addressed.

Tramon resigned.

Comment

I really like Wootton but we could use a 4th who could become our #3 in a few years. Not the biggest need but could be addressed.

Tramon resigned.
                              I wouldn't mind DE, but like I said earlier not until the 5th. Maybe the 4th like you said, depending on who it is.

But we do not need to use one of our top 3 picks on a DE unless one of the first round talents gets caught with a tranny hooker right before the draft and falls to the late 2nd or 3rd.

Comment

• My current (realistic) wishlist:

1st round- Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

I like he or Castonzo. Carimi has more of an injury history but greater upside. I like Castonzo's intangibles but he's probably pretty limited in terms of athletic ability. Went with the Big Ten kid.

2nd round- Ben Ijalana, G, Villanova

Jerry has had good luck with small school prospects in the 2nd round before, and Ijalana would fill a big need inside. I could see Demarcus Love here too, as his stock will drop when people begin to seriously question his ability to play outside in the NFL.

3rd round- Davon House, cornerback, New Mexico State

This isn't a great draft for cornerbacks, but I'm a fan of House. New Mexico State is a terrible program, but not because of him. He's a physical corner with ball skills which is perfect for our system. Tim Jennings had a nice game against the Seahawks, but could always be replaced.

4th round- Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

Two simple reasons for this pick:

1) I have a heart attack everytime Cutler is hit.
                                2) Dalton is an ideal project for Martz. Extremely smart, good leader, good athleticism.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information