No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So pick number 30. You think Tyron Smith is there?
    I want a sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
      So pick number 30. You think Tyron Smith is there?
      I think he'll workout well and raise his stock out of our range...especially in a year with no clear cut top tackle.

Hopefully Sherrod is there. Wouldn't mind him being able to step in right away.

Comment

• Probably. But sometimes the workout warrior hype train circles its way back to the players real value. A little hope.

Also, I am super psyched all these top senior O-linemen are playing in Mobile this week!
        I want a sig.

Comment

• I'll tell you right now I was wrong about Carimi. I am coming around. His feet are a lot better than I thought.

Solder looks a lot more impressive than I originally thought as well.

And Titus Young looked incredible today.

Comment

• There are about 5 tackles that are late-1st worthy. We need to select one of them.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
              And Titus Young looked incredible today.
              We draft another small, fast WR and I might have to hunt down and slay JA.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              There are about 5 tackles that are late-1st worthy. We need to select one of them.
              I assume you mean offensive tackles...and I'm not entirely sure we take one. JA might not want to give up on Omiyele yet, and he might stick with Webb at RT to try and make him into a "late round steal" type.

I think it's far more likely that we take an interior lineman early, possibly a center given that Kreutz is a free agent and hasn't been that good for a few seasons. We're probably stuck with Chris Williams at LG unless we want to admit that mistake as well...so I think we most likely see any pick invested in the o-line be at C or RG.

Comment

• I am not advocating drafting Young. Just noting that he looked very impressive.

I like Solder a lot better than I did a week ago.

6'8" with those arms and feet? I wonder how high he will go..

Comment

• How could anyone even possibly question that our tackles were the biggest weakness on our team this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    How could anyone even possibly question that our tackles were the biggest weakness on our team this year?
                    The worst part is there is no quick fix.

The starting 5 was shuffled like a deck of cards this season. It's a mess. I have a lot of faith in Tice however.

Does Webb have a future at all?
                    Can Omiyale move back to RT? Or back inside?
                    Where is Chris Williams future at?
                    Kreutz?
                    Garza?

It's a real mess. Assume we draft Tyron Smith and plug him in at LT. What is going to be around him? I seriously have no clue.

LT - Tyron Smith
                    LG - Chris Williams (I'd prefer a better run blocker here)
                    C - Kreutz
                    RG - Garza
                    RT - Omiyale

Is that it?

I think it's even more confusing if you draft someone like Pouncey in the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      How could anyone even possibly question that our tackles were the biggest weakness on our team this year?
                      I'd be all for taking a tackle, but Omiyele has been useless everywhere except for LT, where he was slightly less useless. I just don't know if JA admits that mistake yet. Same for Williams.

I hope we draft a tackle...but I think a C or RG is more likely, and knowing how JA usually handles things, it will be the only o-lineman we take in the first 4 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                        The worst part is there is no quick fix.

The starting 5 was shuffled like a deck of cards this season. It's a mess. I have a lot of faith in Tice however.

Does Webb have a future at all?
                        Can Omiyale move back to RT? Or back inside?
                        Where is Chris Williams future at?
                        Kreutz?
                        Garza?

It's a real mess. Assume we draft Tyron Smith and plug him in at LT. What is going to be around him? I seriously have no clue.

LT - Tyron Smith
                        LG - Chris Williams (I'd prefer a better run blocker here)
                        C - Kreutz
                        RG - Garza
                        RT - Omiyale

Is that it?

I think it's even more confusing if you draft someone like Pouncey in the first.
                        Omiyele was HORRIBLE at everywhere but LT. He's a pathetic run blocker....Kreutz is also a FA I hope to hell we don't bring back. A right side of the line going Kreutz-Garza-Omiyele would be the weakest run blocking unit in the history of the sport..

And we just might try and stick with Webb. He was the token JA late round development type that we threw to the fire when everyone else proved to be garbage. I bet he ends up getting a chance to keep his starting job next year.

Comment

• I am not denying any of that. But, if you draft a LT (which we should)

Then what in the world do you do with Omiyale and the 4 other stiffs?

Because, as you said, Omiyale fits no where.

Can Chris Williams potentially play center? A 6'7 Center? I don't think he's a guard.

Round 1 - LT
                          Round 2 - Rodney Hudson / interior OL
                          Last edited by BUSTKUNTLAWL; 01-25-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Both were a huge liability last year. Personally I think Webb was worse, but both were bad.

Draft a tackle in the 1st round and figure out the depth chart later.

Comment

• I say start in the middle, get a center to build the line around.

sig by VLS
                              Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                              I don't care...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                                I say start in the middle, get a center to build the line around.
                                With Kreutz on his way out and hopefully not coming back, and no other center capable player on the roster, it's definitely a logical direction to go in.

Wisniewski would be a good pick at 30, his value seems to be right around there, if not higher.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information