No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we view Major Wright as a SS. If we keep Harris at FS where he had a pro bowl caliber season, Wright at SS and develop Conte for a few seasons I'd be ok with that.

Comment

• Previous 93rd picks:

2010- Tony Moeaki, TE, Iowa
      2009- Corey Irvin, DT, Georgia
      2008- Philip Wheeler, LB, Georgia Tech
      2007- Garrett Wolfe, RB, Northern Illinois
      2006- Dominique Byrd, TE, USC

Moeaki was a good pick, Wheeler is a solid backup, and the other three are special teams players or irrelevant. Stop being such know-it-all draftnicks. It's important to find gems in the late rounds, but it's also important to remember that the majority of these players are meant to be depth and special teams. It's a crapshoot at this point.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• And don't get me wrong, I don't like this pick at the moment, but if he contributes on special teams and adds depth, then I'm not going to complain. I personally think Steltz was an ok pick. The real 3rd-4th round busts are the guys who don't even make the team.

But with all that said, we nailed our two most important picks, and that matters WAY more than who we take in the later rounds. If Carimi and Paea are multi-year starters, nobody will care what else happens.

Comment

• Any thoughts on who might be left in the 5th for us?

Im hoping for one of these:

Marcus Cannon OG: My pipe dream is that he falls due to his injury and we can steal him.

Jalil Brown CB: We need a corner, he fits what we can really use.

Kris O' Dowd C: A possible replacement for Kreutz though at least a year away.

Owen Marecic FB: We need a guy who can help our run game get those tough yards. I think he can be that guy.

Im hoping one of those guys are there in the 5th.
          Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
          Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            Previous 93rd picks:

2010- Tony Moeaki, TE, Iowa
            2009- Corey Irvin, DT, Georgia
            2008- Philip Wheeler, LB, Georgia Tech
            2007- Garrett Wolfe, RB, Northern Illinois
            2006- Dominique Byrd, TE, USC

Moeaki was a good pick, Wheeler is a solid backup, and the other three are special teams players or irrelevant. Stop being such know-it-all draftnicks. It's important to find gems in the late rounds, but it's also important to remember that the majority of these players are meant to be depth and special teams. It's a crapshoot at this point.
            I don't want to be argumentative but the point I was trying to make would not be who the last five 93rd overall selections were but who they could've been.

And I hope Conte turns out to be a stud for us at...something.. too ;) I kinda flew off the handle but c'mon House or Burton would've been sick and contributed on ST. But, that being said, as of right now they're both still available. So there ya go.
            I want a sig.

Comment

• I personally would have liked Clint Boling, but it is what it is.

If Ricky Stanzi is available in the 5th is it too much of a luxury pick to go there? He'd be a fan favorite at least.

I'd like to see us take a look at Tandon Doss if he somehow lasts that long as well.

Comment

• I only really follow Big Ten football, so at this point I don't know who anyone else is.

Comment

• Well there goes Doss.

Comment

• I bet we'd be interesting in Greg Jones. He fits the mold.

Comment

• I'm fine with Enderle, it's a bit of a luxury pick, but Hanie is an RFA. So long as he makes the roster this time.

Comment

• So we got two sure starters who were great picks, one guy who could end up as a decent career backup QB, and some trash.

Better than most years, but disappointing with how many talented guys were still on the board when we made the trash picks.

I give it a B. Could have been a strong A+, but JA couldn't keep it up.

Comment

• Im happy with most of our draft. So UDFAs I know the draft isn't over but if Kris O Dowd goes undrafted he should get a look. Terrence Tolliver, Noel Devine, Kendric Burney. I know we can't sign them yet but regardless these are all guys I'd like to see us pursue.
                          Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                          Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                            So we got two sure starters who were great picks, one guy who could end up as a decent career backup QB, and some trash.

Better than most years, but disappointing with how many talented guys were still on the board when we made the trash picks.

I give it a B. Could have been a strong A+, but JA couldn't keep it up.
                            A B sounds about right. The first 2 picks were great. A lot of sites had Conte rated as a 3rd round pick so there has to be starting potential there. I understand the Enderle pick. We cant be assuming we'll get a starter with pick #160. Enderle should make the team so that's a good pick.

Comment

• 3- Clint Boling, OG/OT, Georgia
                              5- Greg Jones, LB, Michigan State
                              6- Jerrell Powe, NT, Mississipi

That would have been incredible.

Comment

• I'll give us a B. The Carimi and Paea picks were great. If Conte can prove himself in coverage then we got a good safety, but I'm skeptical. Enderle is a decent risk to take in the 5th round, but he probably won't play for us anytime soon. Thomas was a good 6th round pick and might have starting potential.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information