2011 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    Our receivers are good enough that with time to get into their routes Cutler can find them. Right now;

OL priority >>>>>>> WR priority
    Agreed totally. I think the only exception would be if one of the big 4 falls to us in the latter half of the first round and there aren't any o-lineman worth the pick.

But in that case, we'd better damn well come away with two o-lineman in the 2nd and 3rd rounds....

Comment

The best part about this is the OT class is very weak.

We will probably take a 2nd round prospect at #20.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
        The best part about this is the OT class is very weak.

We will probably take a 2nd round prospect at #20.
        I have this bad feeling that JA won't give up on Chris Williams or especially Omiyele yet. But I'd gladly take help at G or C and then hope like hell that Adam Webb takes the RT spot.

Comment

Yeah thats what Im thinkin. But we could get lucky in that teams wont pick any early because its a weak class then the top guy falls to us. But we are so not going LT in the first, cmon. Even though its our biggest need we arent scrappin CW.

Itll be a WR or a DT.
          I want a sig.

Comment

The OT class is weak in the sense that there's no star power/ franchise blindside protector. There should be enough guys who can play right tackle. The interior line is very strong, especially if Wisnewski and Brewster declare. The problem I see is if Angelo is still around, he's not going to pull the trigger, instead he will try and sign someone who rode the bench somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              Our receivers are good enough that with time to get into their routes Cutler can find them. Right now;

OL priority >>>>>>> WR priority
              Totally agree. A go-to #1 WR is still a big need.

Comment

Like oh, Idk, Randy Moss? If he ends up going to Minne for anything less than a 2nd, Ill puke in a rubber glove and send it to JA.
                I want a sig.

Comment

i dont want Moss

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                    i dont want Moss
                    Same. I don't think he would have been able to learn this offense quickly enough to have been useful this year.

Although it sucks that he's back in the division....

Comment

Yeah, youre right guys. Dodged a huge bullet there...
                      I want a sig.

Comment

So we have to play Moss twice this year. That's going to leave a mark.

Comment

I don't like the first round offensive linemen in this draft, and therefore I'd prefer to go that route in the second or third round.

In the first I like Stephen Paea. Strong DT with a high motor...not a fantastic pass rusher, but everything else is pretty much in place. Tommie Harris won't be there next year, and even though Anthony Adams and Matt Toeaina aren't too shabby they're not difference makers.

Comment

just sign Matt Light and trade for McNeill?

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                              just sign Matt Light and trade for McNeill?
                              Eh, Matt Light hasn't been great for a few years. And if we trade for someone, I'd go for Mankins first. Plug him in at LG, draft a new center with a top 3 round pick, and hope that Chris Williams improves with a pro bowl G next to him.

Comment

i meant Mankins.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information