2011 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Mock update:

I traded down 9 picks in the 1st and 3rd rounds with the Giants to pick up Mathias Kiwanuka.

With the 31st pick, I took Marcus Cannon of TCU. I figure he can man one guard spot or RT...or maybe even LT. Who knows....the versatility helps us.

In the 2nd round, I took C Mike Brewster of Ohio State. Replaces Kreutz immediately and should help the shittiness of our o-line.

Then in the 3rd round, I traded Tommie Harris and my late 3rd to the Colts for their mid-3rd and took Drake Nevis. Fell due to his size and uselessness in a 3-4, should be great for us.

Would have liked to get a corner somewhere at some point....the o-line still needs more help......but I did what I could.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Other than being completely unrealistic, it was fine. Lots of trading...

Wait, who is our new GM? Didn't you say you had us hiring Chucky? Marginally more sense now.
      I want a sig.

Comment

Unrealistic trading happens in forum mocks...just something to deal with.

And I am the new GM. Muahahahah....muahahahah!!!!!

...and I feel like I'd probably do better than a number of actual ones...

Comment

I cant fault you for getting almost no value for tommie, but still it hurts to see him plummet so far. I like what you've done there.
          Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
          Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
            I cant fault you for getting almost no value for tommie, but still it hurts to see him plummet so far. I like what you've done there.
            Yeah, he's a grossly overpaid rotational tackle at this point. Getting anything for him would be a miracle. He'll probably be cut because no one wants his salary in reality...

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised someone took his salary AND let you move up in the third round.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                Yeah, I was surprised someone took his salary AND let you move up in the third round.
                If we were to just cut him, I guarantee a bunch of teams try to pick him up to try to revive him. It'll be at a much lower salary though...

Comment

I started looking at mocks today. For most of them my response was "Meh. Ok. I guess." Unfortunately, we have so many needs that I can't get too worked up. Obviously, the dream is a stud on the O-line. However, if we use our first round pick on anything not on the below list, I'll be ok:

No small wideout.
                  No in-the-box strong safety.
                  No undersized corner.
                  No DE unless his name is "Adam Clayborn."
                  No weakside linebacker.
                  No halfback.
                  No tight end.
                  Obviously, no FB/P/K.
                  Last edited by Monomach; 10-30-2010, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I assume you meant Adrian Clayborn...he would be nice. As would Robert Quinn. Either guy across from Peppers would be studly...wouldn't help out o-line, but we could make worse picks.

I'm hoping one of two things now: We turn things around and make the playoffs, or we suck really badly so that everyone gets fired. I don't want to see us lose, but if we must, I'd rather it be badly enough that we get some new ******* coaches and a new GM than to be mediocre yet again, miss the playoffs, and return with the same BS next year. Know what I mean?

Comment

It has to be WR or OL in the 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                        It has to be WR or OL in the 1st.
                        FS, CB, UT are all needed just as much as that #1 WR.

I assume you meant Adrian Clayborn...he would be nice. As would Robert Quinn. Either guy across from Peppers would be studly...wouldn't help out o-line, but we could make worse picks.
                        Yeah, I meant Adrian. Durr. Not sure what the hell I was thinking there.

As for Quinn, I can't abide spending a first round pick on a guy who won't play a down this season...especially when it looks like we're headed for 6-10 and a top ten pick. Who knows how crappy he'll be by the time next season comes along? He looked incredible, but he could be Mike Williams'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                          FS, CB, UT are all needed just as much as that #1 WR.

Yeah, I meant Adrian. Durr. Not sure what the hell I was thinking there.

As for Quinn, I can't abide spending a first round pick on a guy who won't play a down this season...especially when it looks like we're headed for 6-10 and a top ten pick. Who knows how crappy he'll be by the time next season comes along? He looked incredible, but he could be Mike Williams'd.
                          You cant compare a FS and CB in a zone D to a #1 WR.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                            You cant compare a FS and CB in a zone D to a #1 WR.
                            Problem is, Floyd, Baldwin and Jones all have flaws to their game that have me turned off to them more in the mid first round. And we've already won too many games to be in contention for AJ Green.

And we don't really need to worry about S....none have a real first round value imo. Now if we had a shot at say, an Amukamara with no worthwhile o-lineman available, he'd be damn hard to pass on.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if Nick Fairley keeps rising. He looks like everything Tommie Harris used to be and will really help out in the pass rush and against the run.

Comment

I would think Fairley and Amukamara are virtual locks if either one is on the board for us. I wish they played offensive line and receiver but they are seemingly 2 of the more "cant miss" players this year.

Anyone think Mike Pouncey (as a guard) has 1st round value for us? I dont want an OK tackle in the 14-20 range only because the importance of that position. Not again, at least.
                                I want a sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information