No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only o-lineman I'd take in the 14-20 range right now is Sherrod. If he works out well, due to the lack of any other real competition as true LTs, he could go higher than that.

Pouncey doesn't even look like a first round value. He makes for a rather lousy center and isn't as good as his brother. Probably a 2nd round G.

Comment

1st rd: Anthony Castonzo OT BC
      2nd rd: Kristofer O'Dowd C USC
      3rd rd: Jalil Brown CB Colorado
      4th rd: Stanley Havili FB USC
      Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
      Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Nay to Castonzo...not a fan. I watched him vs. VT and he got owned by Steven Friday. Not only with speed moves (Castonzo looked like he had lead feet that game) but also by just driving him back too. I think I'd prefer Love, Carimi or Cannon to him. Sherrod as a true LT is also a possibility, but I think he'll end up going very high with good workouts as the only legit looking LT prospect.

Comment

As much as OL is a need, I would love grabbing a #1 reciever in the draft. It is deep enough at the position where we may be able to nab a talented guy wherever we are picking. Especially with how weak the OL this up coming draft. The other positions I wouldn't mind seeing in the 1st are at DE/DT or CB depending on the value.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Michael Floyd and injuries or Jonathon Baldwin and route running? I say Floyd right now since his injuries aren't terrible repeated season enders like say Denario Alexanders.
            I want a sig.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
              Michael Floyd and injuries or Jonathon Baldwin and route running? I say Floyd right now since his injuries aren't terrible repeated season enders like say Denario Alexanders.
              Floyd. Just a flat out better player IMO.

My thinking now is Marcus Cannon. Would we take a OG over a potential #1 WR. I don't think any OT is worth even a late 1st. I'm liking Carimi more and more though. He's a no brainer in the 2nd. Also I like Tolliver in the mid rounds if we don't go WR early.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                Floyd. Just a flat out better player IMO.

My thinking now is Marcus Cannon. Would we take a OG over a potential #1 WR. I don't think any OT is worth even a late 1st. I'm liking Carimi more and more though. He's a no brainer in the 2nd. Also I like Tolliver in the mid rounds if we don't go WR early.
                Sherrod at LT is going to be a top 15 type of player. He's the only guy I see playing and succeeding long term at LT in the pros, and the lack of anyone elite at the position will push him up.

Love should also be a late first rounder based on versatility (LT, RT and RG all in the same game before iirc, definitely both tackles spots.) Someone we could really use, like Cannon, for versatility sake.

Carimi as a pretty standard RT I think is a late first rounder.

Comment

Scott is posting his new mock today. What is everyones guess?

Im going with Derek Sherrod.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                    Scott is posting his new mock today. What is everyones guess?

Im going with Derek Sherrod.
                    I hope so. Reiff would be fine as well if Scott decides to include him. Not a big fan of Castonzo myself, I've seen him get beat by speed moves too much for me like him at LT, and I think there are better options for a RT.

Comment

• Floyd-1st
                      O'Dowd-2nd
                      Herzlich-3rd
                      Ziemba-4th
                      Marecic-5th

Thoughts?
                      I want a sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
                        Floyd-1st
                        O'Dowd-2nd
                        Herzlich-3rd
                        Ziemba-4th
                        Marecic-5th

Thoughts?
                        Would love Floyd. Early for ODowd. Not a fan of Herzlich or Ziemba.

Comment

• I kind of trend lightly on Floyd. He doesn't burst out of breaks and is very much straight line. His hands are for real though.

I would rather go for an impact OL/DL.

Comment

• I couldn't even see going DL in the 1st. LT/C/RG/RT/WR are all much bigger needs and there will likely be a solid value available.

Comment

• You're not a fan of Mark Herzlich? Luuucyy? You got some splainin' to do!

I think O'Dowd will get a big push after predraft workouts. I know he's looked at as a 3rd round guy now but I can definitely see him moving up. And Ziemba isn't perfect but he's better than Webb and no worse than Omiyale :/

Marecic needs to happen though.
                              I want a sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
                                You're not a fan of Mark Herzlich? Luuucyy? You got some splainin' to do!

I think O'Dowd will get a big push after predraft workouts. I know he's looked at as a 3rd round guy now but I can definitely see him moving up. And Ziemba isn't perfect but he's better than Webb and no worse than Omiyale :/

Marecic needs to happen though.
                                I think he's a pure 3-4 guy. He's always looked very stiff. I think he's a pure 3-4 ILB or SLB. Even though he plays a lot in coverage and does well on the college level he'll get eaten up in the pros. He's a poor mans Aaron Curry.

1. Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State
                                2. Jason Pinkston OG/RT Pittsburgh
                                3. Marcus Gilbert RT/OG Florida
                                4. Greg Romeus DE Pittsburgh
                                5. Brandon Hogan CB West Virginia
                                6. Michael Morgan LB USC
                                Last edited by regoob2; 11-30-2010, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information