Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projected depth chart/needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Projected depth chart/needs

    Updated again, the ages are reflective of how old they will be at the start of the 2008 season.


    Quarterback (3) Kyle Orton (26-'09), Rex Grossman (28-'08), Caleb Hanie (23-'12)

    Runningback (4) Matt Forte (22-'12), Garrett Wolfe (24-'10), Adrian Peterson (29-'09), Kevin Jones (26-'08)

    Fullback (2) Jason McKie (28-'11), Jason Davis (25-'08)

    Wide Reciever (6) Devin Hester (25-'13), Rashied Davis (29-'10), Brandon Lloyd (26-'08), Marty Booker (32-'09), Brandon Rideau (26-'08), Earl Bennett (22-'11)

    Tight End (3) Desmond Clark (31-'10), Greg Olsen (23-'11), Kellen Davis (23-'11)

    Offensive Tackles (3) John Tait (33-'09), John St. Clair (31-'08), Chris Williams (22-'12)

    Interior Offensive Line (5) Olin Kruetz (31-'10), Roberto Garza (29-'11), Josh Beekman (25-'10), Dan Buenning (26-'09), Terrance Metcalf (30-'11)

    Defensive Ends (4) Adewale Ogunleye (31-'09), Alex Brown (29-'11), Mark Anderson (25-'09), Ervin Baldwin (22-'11)

    Defensive Tackle (5) Tommie Harris (25-'12), Marcus Harrison (23-'12), Israel Idonije (27-'09), Anthony Adams (28-'10), Matt Toeiana (25-'09)

    Linebacker (6) Brian Urlacher (30-'12), Lance Briggs (27-'13), Nick Roach (23-'08-ERFA), Hunter Hillenmeyer (27-'11), Jamar Williams (24-'09), Joey LaRocque (22-'11)

    Cornerback (4) Charles Tillman (27-'13), Corey Graham (23-'10), Trumaine McBride (22-'10), Marcus Hamilton (24-'08)

    Safety (4) Mike Brown (30-'08), Kevin Payne (24-'10), Danieal Manning (26-'09), Craig Steltz (23-'11)

    Special Teamers (3) Robbie Gould (25-'12), Brad Maynard (33-'10), Patrick Mannaley (32-'10)

    Practice Squad
    Joe Clermond (DE)
    Cody Balogh (T)
    Fontel Mines (TE)
    Mike Hass (WR)
    John Broussard (WR)
    Rudy Burgess (CB)
    Tyler Reed (G)

    Injured Reserve
    Nathan Vasher (CB)
    Dusty Dvoracek (DT)
    Darrell McClover (LB)
    Zack Bowman (CB)
    Fred Miller (OT)
    Brandon McGowan (S)
    Last edited by bearsfan_51; 12-10-2008, 03:05 PM.


    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

  • #2
    Ok..on to the comments.

    1) Obviously a runningback and tight end is a need, but not one that couldn't be filled in rounds 3-5

    2)Drafting a 1st round wide reciever would likely put 5 on the gameday roster, unless the club wanted to deactivate Bradley or Davis.

    3)If we draft an offensive tackle with one of our first two picks I think it'll be interesting to see if St.Clair gets the boot and we trust a rookie as our swing tackle.

    4)In the possible event that all of our D-lineman are healthy it'll be interesting to see who the club deactivates between Dvorack and Idonije. If we draft another D-lineman I think it all but ensures that Tank Johnson will be cut.

    5)Safety could still be a medium need depending upon the health of Mike Brown.

    Ok that's good for now. Bring on the comments.


    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice job. I heard conflicting reports about Tyrone Carter so he may or may not be on the roster.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SFbear View Post
        Nice job. I heard conflicting reports about Tyrone Carter so he may or may not be on the roster.
        PFT.com said that Bears officials said they did not sign Carter and have no plans to.


        I think it's also worth noting with our added flexbility we could draft Beason or Timmons at #31 whether we plan on Briggs coming back or not and have them compete with Hillenmeyer (although I really like Hunter).


        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

        Comment


        • #5
          I really like that Joe Stelley as a punter. When I was in TC last year, he was showing up Maynard for the days that I was there. Man does he have a leg

          Originally posted by BeansDooma
          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

          Comment


          • #6
            Okay... if I had it my way, Brandon Jackson would be drafted as the RB in the 3rd round. For TE, I personally like Kevin Boss in the 5th round if he is there, but next years draft is a lot deeper at TE and I think we could find a really good one first day. If D. Manning is moved to CB, which seems likely, I wouldn't mind someone like Josh Gattis in the 4th.

            I think a future no. 1 WR would be huge to have. Berrian is more of a no. 2, and Bradley is a big ?, and Davis is just a good slot guy. If we could get a Bowe or Jarrett in the first, or a Sidney Rice or Robert Meachem in the 2nd, I'd be ecstatic.

            The only OT I think worth drafting at 31 is Joe Staley. But I doubt he would be there. And if OT is really that big of a need for JA, I could see Ugoh at 31, but that is still a reach and the earliest I would take Ugoh is at 37. With Ruben returning, I think we can take our chances with either developing Tyler Reed some more, or drafting someone in the mid rounds. But if someone like Ben Grubbs or Ryan Kalil are there at 37, I probably wouldn't pass them.

            Now, the Briggs situation. If we could get a pick between 25-33 and maybe some extra for Briggs, that'd be great. I would not mind either Timmons or Beason in the first if they are there.

            ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
              Okay... if I had it my way, Brandon Jackson would be drafted as the RB in the 3rd round. For TE, I personally like Kevin Boss in the 5th round if he is there, but next years draft is a lot deeper at TE and I think we could find a really good one first day. If D. Manning is moved to CB, which seems likely, I wouldn't mind someone like Josh Gattis in the 4th.

              I think a future no. 1 WR would be huge to have. Berrian is more of a no. 2, and Bradley is a big ?, and Davis is just a good slot guy. If we could get a Bowe or Jarrett in the first, or a Sidney Rice or Robert Meachem in the 2nd, I'd be ecstatic.

              The only OT I think worth drafting at 31 is Joe Staley. But I doubt he would be there. And if OT is really that big of a need for JA, I could see Ugoh at 31, but that is still a reach and the earliest I would take Ugoh is at 37. With Ruben returning, I think we can take our chances with either developing Tyler Reed some more, or drafting someone in the mid rounds. But if someone like Ben Grubbs or Ryan Kalil are there at 37, I probably wouldn't pass them.

              Now, the Briggs situation. If we could get a pick between 25-33 and maybe some extra for Briggs, that'd be great. I would not mind either Timmons or Beason in the first if they are there.
              Good stuff Bearfan.

              I agree with Smokey regarding a future 1 wr needed on the team. While I believe Berrian and Bradley have a high chance of becoming major players on this team we will be in dire need of a possession receiver once Muhammad croaks. He's on the verge. Now would definatelly be a good time to bring in someone so they don't have to immediatelly become a starter. (most draftee's from WR needing 2-3 seasons to mature which will probably be all Muhammad will have in the tank). Jarrett, Meachem, J. Hill, or S. Smith would be huge additions for us.

              While I am highly against OL with the first 2 picks I wouldn't complain if we could add another draft pick via the Briggs situation. I do understand that age is a major concern here and youth is greatly needed. I wouldn't mind a player or 2 out of the draft however I wouldn't make it a top concern.

              OLB would be a great addition given the players available. Willis, Poz, Timmons, Beason NEEEEEDDD to be in a Bear uni next season. Theyr'e not just needed becuase of the Briggs situation but they'd definatelly add another dimension to the defense as "I" feel that HH is a band aid. Depth is a major concern here.

              Comment


              • #8
                Depth at LB is a concern even if Briggs is resigned, so that does need to be addressed. But it does not have to be with one of the top 2 picks, that is if they were to go out and sign a cheap vet who could start until the rookie develops.

                That being said, we already have our vets for OL, TE, and WR. So the Bears can wait to draft those positions if they choose to do so at all.

                As long as Briggs comes back, there really is no one position that is so far ahead of any other position that needs to be addressed via the draft. Which is a good spot to be in, but it makes predicted who the Bears are going to draft so much harder.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KBear View Post
                  Depth at LB is a concern even if Briggs is resigned, so that does need to be addressed. But it does not have to be with one of the top 2 picks, that is if they were to go out and sign a cheap vet who could start until the rookie develops.

                  That being said, we already have our vets for OL, TE, and WR. So the Bears can wait to draft those positions if they choose to do so at all.

                  As long as Briggs comes back, there really is no one position that is so far ahead of any other position that needs to be addressed via the draft. Which is a good spot to be in, but it makes predicted who the Bears are going to draft so much harder.
                  I think it is hard predicting who chicago will select even when they do have needs. They're always throwing curveballs in the draft.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What's the deal with Bryan Johnson(FB)?

                    He's getting cut right? I believe I heard JA is just waiting until he's 100% healthy to release him, so theres no legal issues.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes that is why. I believe Johnson is already looking into suing the team for encouraging him to play when he was injured so to cut him now would be moronic on their part.


                      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Yes that is why. I believe Johnson is already looking into suing the team for encouraging him to play when he was injured so to cut him now would be moronic on their part.
                        lol.. thanks for clearing that up.

                        Johnson is a beast.. We could have used him last year.. Oh well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Are we cutting Johnson for health concerns?

                          Why don't we keep him around after he gets healthy?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            so are we going BPA?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bears_Fan View Post
                              Are we cutting Johnson for health concerns?

                              Why don't we keep him around after he gets healthy?
                              I don't think the organazation is too hot on him after threatning to sue. But I wouldn't mind him back. I think he's very good, but can't be counted on to stay fully healthy all year.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information