Projected depth chart/needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
    I don't think the organazation is too hot on him after threatning to sue. But I wouldn't mind him back. I think he's very good, but can't be counted on to stay fully healthy all year.
    Yeah. I guess you are right. It is a shame, though.

Comment

What about drafting Dallas Baker, WR on Day 2? I would prefer to take a chance on him later, than Sidney Rice in Rd 2.

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
      I think a future no. 1 WR would be huge to have.
      Last edited by Bears_Fan; 04-09-2007, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
        I think it is hard predicting who chicago will select even when they do have needs. They're always throwing curveballs in the draft.
        amen. i mean, last year, everyone thought, with their more than anemic offense, the bears have to draft offensive weaponry. hester, dvorack, manning, williams, anderson, because they knew something we didn't. which was grossman was going to be 'the real deal'. okay, maybe a few snickers. but with orton hindering the passing game (not entirely his own fault), and now were on year two of the turner-rexy system. and the fact that the bears seem to find some value in every round last year. fifth round mark anderson? second round hester scored a third as many touchdowns as oakland did as an entire team (half if you count the post season). i think they're gonna skip a WR on day one and focus more on other elements (OLine. and deepining LB, which like it or not, Joe and Wilson aren't good enough to replace one or two LB's. Ayenbadejo is a decent back up and Jamar Williams i think has the tools to be a decent backup right now and possibly improve into a starter role with briggs maybe not playing. But i think thats irrelevent. Third round is when i think they'll be looking for LB.

again, i still don't see a day one WR. if anything the bears might trade for one next year... because, well. we all know, moose is going the way of the buffalo.
        Last edited by awfullyquiet; 04-09-2007, 05:54 PM.
        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by Bears_Fan View Post
          What about drafting Dallas Baker, WR on Day 2? I would prefer to take a chance on him later, than Sidney Rice in Rd 2.
          Oh I would love that so much. As I watched him a tad throught the season, I really like what I saw from him. So a Day 2 pick up of him, I would be estatic

Originally posted by BeansDooma
          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
            Oh I would love that so much. As I watched him a tad throught the season, I really like what I saw from him. So a Day 2 pick up of him, I would be estatic
            How late do you think he will last?

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
              amen. i mean, last year, everyone thought, with their more than anemic offense, the bears have to draft offensive weaponry. hester, dvorack, manning, williams, anderson, because they knew something we didn't. which was grossman was going to be 'the real deal'. okay, maybe a few snickers. but with orton hindering the passing game (not entirely his own fault), and now were on year two of the turner-rexy system. and the fact that the bears seem to find some value in every round last year. fifth round mark anderson? second round hester scored a third as many touchdowns as oakland did as an entire team (half if you count the post season). i think they're gonna skip a WR on day one and focus more on other elements (OLine. and deepining LB, which like it or not, Joe and Wilson aren't good enough to replace one or two LB's. Ayenbadejo is a decent back up and Jamar Williams i think has the tools to be a decent backup right now and possibly improve into a starter role with briggs maybe not playing. But i think thats irrelevent. Third round is when i think they'll be looking for LB.

again, i still don't see a day one WR. if anything the bears might trade for one next year... because, well. we all know, moose is going the way of the buffalo.
              Its a crap shoot for any of us to predict a player. Even Scott Wright stated its a b trying to get info out of the Chicago camp.

I will say that even though WR isn't the biggest need it definatelly has a high level of talent in the late 1st to early 3rd rounds.

OL is a need due to age concerns but I don't "think" Angelo will go that route. I could be wrong though. I see it as a high possibility in the 2nd round though. (even though I'd rather see us get someone out of FA).

OLB is an obvious need even if Briggs decided to stay. Depth at LB stinks. DT seems to be coming together and if we can keep Ian Scott to me its no longer a need. If we can get some stud out of the later round then so be it.

Safety could be addressed for depth concerns especially if they decide to move Manning to CB. No matter how much faith they have in Brown the fact is he's been an injury concern 3 consecutive seasons.

TE is a depth need. I love how many analyst speak as if Des Clark is subpar. The guy has proven himself as a legit pass catching TE if they actually "look" his way. I do believe that they need someone else to aid here. Do I think we need to jump at one in the 1st round? No. If it were Vernon Davis then hell yeah..its not though. Zach Miller in the 2nd? Sure if we get him "late in the 2nd". The guy produced ...true..but getting a guy high than he'll end up being selected is a waste. Again this is just my speculation.

Cornerback is a need if Safety isn't looked at and Manning doesn't move here. Tillman and Vasher are solid and Manning is a stud for (Nickel/Dime only) coverage. When Tillman and Vasher went down it was a disaster in the secondary. It's apparent that one of these guys could be gone next season so it would be smart if we start molding someone to take their position if we can't afford both.

OLB - 1st to 3rd at the latest
              DB - 1st to 3rd at the latest
              OL - 2nd round at highest
              WR - 1st to 3rd at the latest
              TE - 2nd round at highest (preferrably 3rd or later)

This is how the priority should go
              If someone of high grade is there to select at any position (WR has the highest chance with OLB and DB being next) then we need to just pull the trigger. I can see WR going ahead of any of these positions depending on who is available.

Comment

How about this? -- more looking at position

1st: Beason, OLB
                2nd: Grubbs, OG
                3rd: Michael Bush/Kenny Irons, RB
                4th: Joe Newton, TE
                5th: Dallas Clark, WR
                7th: Leonard Peters, S
                7th: Chase Johnson, OT
                Last edited by Bears_Fan; 04-09-2007, 08:34 PM.

Comment

How about this?

1st: Beason, OLB
                  2nd: Grubbs, OG
                  3rd: Michael Bush/Kenny Irons, RB
                  4th: Joe Newton, TE
                  5th: Dallas Clark, WR
                  7th: Leonard Peters, S
                  7th: Chase Johnson, OT
                  Bush or Irons in the late 3rd is probably a bit optimistic (though ya never know). All of your values are good, but I would prefer to spend the 1st pick on a playmaker. If we aren't going to trade Briggs I'd rather not use our first pick on an OLB.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Pelle, I very much doubt we will draft someone in secondary on the first day.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      Pelle, I very much doubt we will draft someone in secondary on the first day.
                      After trading for Archuleta I'd have to agree.

sig by VLS
                      Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                      I don't care...

Comment

I started a speed mock in Fantasy, and someone selected Zach Miller for the Bears. Why do people insist on giving Miller to the Bears?

I like Joe Newton. Scott even describes him as being like Des Clark

Comment

I started a speed mock in Fantasy, and someone selected Zach Miller for the Bears. Why do people insist on giving Miller to the Bears?

I like Joe Newton. Scott even describes him as being like Des Clark
                          If we're drafting a TE to upgrade and supplement Clark, why would we draft a similar player. Although I don't see the Joe Newton comparison as a very good one. Miller isn't a bad pick, but he isn't a good one either.

sig by VLS
                          Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                          I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                            If we're drafting a TE to upgrade and supplement Clark, why would we draft a similar player. Although I don't see the Joe Newton comparison as a very good one. Miller isn't a bad pick, but he isn't a good one either.
                            I don't think we need to upgrade and supplant Clark. "They" do. Clark can catch and block, and that is what we need - not a Shockey. I would take Newton to compliment and eventually replace Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                              After trading for Archuleta I'd have to agree.
                              I'm not just speaking of Safety here. Cornerback depth is also a concern. I can see us taking a look in later rnds but I wouldn't be shocked if Angelo pulled the trigger 2nd or 3rd rnd. I can see where you guys are coming from though.

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                                I'm not just speaking of Safety here. Cornerback depth is also a concern. I can see us taking a look in later rnds but I wouldn't be shocked if Angelo pulled the trigger 2nd or 3rd rnd. I can see where you guys are coming from though.
                                It's a concern, but there are more immediate ones.

Say we resign Tillman and let Vasher walk in '07. They can draft a corner that year in the 1st or 2nd, start Ricky Manning for the first half of the season, and move said rookie (or possibly Danieal Manning) into the starting lineup at that point.

I'm all for drafting to fill future needs, I just think there are more important things to do for right now, and a rookie CB wouldn't even see the field this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information