No announcement yet.

Projected depth chart/needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

51... you should also put in some sort of denotion for rookies. Like + or something.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
      51... you should also put in some sort of denotion for rookies. Like + or something.
      Thanks. Noted.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Updated with roster additions.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Pelle, I very much doubt we will draft someone in secondary on the first day.
          Nice call 51.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
            Nice call 51.
            Haha...I also told Smokey it would be a bad idea to draft two secondary guys on the second day. Oh well. We do tend to stockpile secondary players to assist on special teams, and I'm willing to bet that the FO is sick of Dante Welsey's whining about playing time and generally lackluster special teams play.

Thanks though.

Comment

This is a great OP, yanno? I think Staggs has a shot at a roster spot, though safety is pretty stacked anymore. I have a feeling he'll make the practice squad, along with Reed again.

Comment

I think Mike Brown is going to start the year on the PUP list, just basing on what his injury was and it usually takes a full year to heal. It will at least save a roster spot, using your depth charts, I'll go with Wesley for now.

Plus Currie most likely will get hurt, as he normally does, so he will make the team via the PUP list. Depending on the injury, he could alway be taken off the list, after the 6th game I think, if Hass is not showing enough, or who ever is the 5th wr or just who ever in general. Or he could just get put on the IR again.

Comment

Yeah I originally had Brown as PUP eligible, but they are saying he should be ready to go so we'll see.

Comment

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=3398

Airese Currie has been released and 6 new free agents have been signed.

"The group includes Maryland running back Josh Allen, Northwestern State defensive tackle Tory Collins, Grambling cornerback Greg Fassitt, Virginia tight end Fontel Mines, California cornerback Tim Mixon and Nebraska safety Andrew Shanle."

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                      http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=3398

Airese Currie has been released and 6 new free agents have been signed.

"The group includes Maryland running back Josh Allen, Northwestern State defensive tackle Tory Collins, Grambling cornerback Greg Fassitt, Virginia tight end Fontel Mines, California cornerback Tim Mixon and Nebraska safety Andrew Shanle."
                      I beat you by about 10 seconds.;)

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        I beat you by about 10 seconds.;)
                        Dammit. I almost felt special for a few minutes. And so ends the legend that was Airese Currie. I hate that we waited forever for this guy to get healthy and then when he's supposedly ready to go we cut him.

Comment

I guess this Mines guy has looked GREAT, and was one of the pleasant surprises of the Rookie Minicamp. Catches everything that came his way...looks like Olson will have a run for his money ;). In seriousness, it would be cool if Olson and this Mines guy depending on how the both are would be in a 2 TE set.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

I think Mines still has a lot more to prove to make the final roster. Basically he would have to convince the team to keep four tightends, as I don't see Clark getting cut unless the team is completely sold on Olsen off the bat, and Gilmore is as important of a blocker now as he's even been.

People have to keep in mind that Mines is a converted wide reciever, and his playing weight in college was about 220, 30 pounds less than Olsen who a lot of people consider to not have enough bulk. I don't know how much Mines has already bulked up, but that's asking a player to do a lot.

Could be a good practice squad prospect though.

Comment

I think Greg Olsen was a better pick than any of the Wide Outs that were left.

We was in NEED of a Tight End, Clarke is getting old and is average any way, no matter what kind of year he had last year, Olsen was the best pick of the entire 1st round! What I mean is, at the position we was in, and we got him..best value!

Comment

that and he wouldn't be impossible to drop out in the slot in situations.
                                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information