Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projected depth chart/needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by RexGrossmanRules8 View Post
    I think Greg Olsen was a better pick than any of the Wide Outs that were left.

    We was in NEED of a Tight End, Clarke is getting old and is average any way, no matter what kind of year he had last year, Olsen was the best pick of the entire 1st round! What I mean is, at the position we was in, and we got him..best value!
    for the love of god...WERE not WAS...WERE...

    sorry that post just struck a nerve... lol

    Comment


    • #62
      "The Bears on Saturday released tight end Richard Angulo, wide receiver Jayson Swain and running back Gerald Riggs, Jr.. Angulo spent the final five weeks of last season on Chicago’s practice squad. Swain was waived after he left the team and Riggs had been playing in NFL Europa."

      just to note the update. they neglected to put the Jr. after GR.
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

      United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
        "The Bears on Saturday released tight end Richard Angulo, wide receiver Jayson Swain and running back Gerald Riggs, Jr.. Angulo spent the final five weeks of last season on Chicago’s practice squad. Swain was waived after he left the team and Riggs had been playing in NFL Europa."

        just to note the update. they neglected to put the Jr. after GR.
        I was about to say, why would anyone release Gerald Riggs.jk
        I thought he was pretty good in college, what happen to him?



        Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

        Comment


        • #64
          Hey does anyone else think
          Chris leak and david ball should make the roster. I know leak is short but he has been short all his life and he was more highly recurited then brady quinn. And he played in the sec which by far is the toughest conference in college. He put up good numbers in college not great but good. And I think he might be better then grossman. And he can run. Now Ball was a divison 2 player but a lot of dreat nfl players have played d2. But none of them have broken any of jerry rice's records. He can out jump any of our recievers and he has great hands. And since bradley is hurt so much and moose is old he could be a great red zone target and he is good insurance for injuries.
          One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by jj45 View Post
            Hey does anyone else think
            Chris leak and david ball should make the roster. I know leak is short but he has been short all his life and he was more highly recurited then brady quinn. And he played in the sec which by far is the toughest conference in college. He put up good numbers in college not great but good. And I think he might be better then grossman. And he can run. Now Ball was a divison 2 player but a lot of dreat nfl players have played d2. But none of them have broken any of jerry rice's records. He can out jump any of our recievers and he has great hands. And since bradley is hurt so much and moose is old he could be a great red zone target and he is good insurance for injuries.
            No. 10char

            Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by neko4 View Post
              I was about to say, why would anyone release Gerald Riggs.jk
              I thought he was pretty good in college, what happen to him?
              Green Bay will sign him, and he'll come back to haunt us.
              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

              United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

              Comment


              • #67
                Updated. If we sign Obafemi to the roster (and I suspect we will) then we'll go back to having 2 fullbacks. I think it's even more likely that we carry 2 fullbacks on the active roster since Gabe Reid is gone, and nobody else on the roster fits that hybrid mold.

                Untill then, however, congrats go out to Dante Wesley for not being cut yet.

                Antonio Garay looks to also have a nice 6 week run with the club as Tank is going to be at home (or most likely in a press box or something). Hopefully no DT gets injured in camp *knock on wood* because we are currently down to either Tony Collins or switching Israel Indonije to DT fulltime.


                Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                Comment


                • #68
                  The questionable trade of Alex Brown, I'd put it at about 60/40, could open up an interesting roster spot for someone else, probably another special teamer like Wesley, Brandon McGowan, or Leon Joe. I have a hard time believing that we'll carry somebody like Copeland Bryan just to have 9 defensive lineman, which always seemed like overkill to me anyway.


                  Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Untill then, however, congrats go out to Dante Wesley for not being cut yet.
                    anyone wanna make an over/under on his release date?
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

                    United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      The questionable trade of Alex Brown, I'd put it at about 60/40, could open up an interesting roster spot for someone else, probably another special teamer like Wesley, Brandon McGowan, or Leon Joe. I have a hard time believing that we'll carry somebody like Copeland Bryan just to have 9 defensive lineman, which always seemed like overkill to me anyway.
                      no way the bears keep 9 dl. i completely agree. no way. that's like keeping 5 qb's.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by NYmoney View Post
                        no way the bears keep 9 dl. i completely agree. no way. that's like keeping 5 qb's.
                        They did last year. It's actually not that uncommon (though usually teams only keep 8). I could see us keeping 9 when Tank comes back but there's really no need for the first six games.


                        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          im dragging my WR talk in here. I say we are more likely to carry 5 WRs for the sole reason of we are going to be carrying an extra Olineman come the season (Beekman) more than last season.
                          Bears fan

                          Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin


                          In Tyler We Trust

                          Welcome to Project Mayhem

                          This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                          Jimmy Buckets <3

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                            im dragging my WR talk in here. I say we are more likely to carry 5 WRs for the sole reason of we are going to be carrying an extra Olineman come the season (Beekman) more than last season.
                            No we aren't. Anthony Oakley was on the active roster all season last year. I'm assuming that Beekman simply takes his spot. In fact I wouldn't be suprised if Beekman sees no action at all next year. He's currently the 4th interior O-lineman on the roster and teams rarely carry more than 3 on a gameday roster.


                            Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              No we aren't. Anthony Oakley was on the active roster all season last year. I'm assuming that Beekman simply takes his spot. In fact I wouldn't be suprised if Beekman sees no action at all next year. He's currently the 4th interior O-lineman on the roster and teams rarely carry more than 3 on a gameday roster.

                              whos anthony oakley? Didnt we trade him to the Browns last year?
                              Bears fan

                              Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin


                              In Tyler We Trust

                              Welcome to Project Mayhem

                              This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                              Jimmy Buckets <3

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                                whos anthony oakley? Didnt we trade him to the Browns last year?
                                No that was Lennie Friedman. Oakley beat out Steve Edwards (and Friedman) as our 8th lineman last year in training camp.


                                Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information