White Sox/Cubs/Indians(for 51) thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    This is just example 1 out of 162 of my "why the White Sox starting pitching will keep them out of the playoffs".

Two young guys out of the bullpen (after the crummy guy with pitches) looked pretty good though. I like the big guy they got from the Royals if we can get control of his stuff. He reminds me of Scott Elarton of a few years ago.
    Masset got off to a shakey start early allowing 3 runs, but settled down after that. Sisco looked great. And Aardsma looked real good also. Our downfall last year was the Bullpen.

And about the rotation, if we can get 3 guys to consistantly pitch good, we will be fine. Contreras will rebound nicely, as I have said before. Buehrle looked great the other day in ST, and he might return to form. Vazquez is due for a break out year. Garland, well, is Garland. We need to hope Danks lives up to that ace potential.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Chalk up another one for the good guys.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Chalk up another one for the good guys.
        That umpire sucked ass 51...Jesus, talk about squeezing pitchers (for both sides of course).

Anywho nice catch to end the game. It's only fitting that Pods robs that one guy in the 9th, and then Crede gets robbed to end the game. Oh well. Not to upset about it.

The Mavs started 0-4 and have the best record in the league right now. The KC Royals were incredible 3 years ago the first half of the season and totally fell off. Just got to get that pitching back, and it all starts with throwing strikes, limiting walks, and attacking hitters.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Lilly Pitched really well today. I was impressed with the way he was working the strikezone. Too bad Dempster actually pitched well, I can't wait til Howry takes closing duties. The Cubbies "great" offense has not done well but they have been a bit more patient this year.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

finally got one, even though we made very unimpressive Jeremy Sowers look like Cy Young.

Comment

Jeremy Sowers is better than any starting pitcher for the Tribe or the White Sox. He was off today, I've seen him much much better. He had the best ERA besides Roger in the 2nd half of the season, he's just not talked about much.

By the way, that was a really lame way to end the game. Granted they would have eventually won anyway, but stand in the ******* batters box or they should bean him in the face next time.

Comment

From what I saw of Sowers, he looked like a little league pitcher. Topping out at 86 with his fastball, had a very mediocre change, and his breaking ball was just a roller. As a tribe fan, you better hope he was "off" because if he pitches like that all the time, he isn't gonna last long in the majors.

Also, that was a *** way to end. I was even pissed. If that was me at bat, I wouldn't care if I just got drilled in the head. I'd want to earn the game winning RBI.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                  From what I saw of Sowers, he looked like a little league pitcher. Topping out at 86 with his fastball, had a very mediocre change, and his breaking ball was just a roller. As a tribe fan, you better hope he was "off" because if he pitches like that all the time, he isn't gonna last long in the majors.

Also, that was a *** way to end. I was even pissed. If that was me at bat, I wouldn't care if I just got drilled in the head. I'd want to earn the game winning RBI.
                  It's not like Sowers came out of nowhere, he started 15 games last year with 2 complete game shutouts and a 3.53 ERA. He doesn't have elite stuff, but that's so vastly overrated anyway. For as much as you think "insert mediocre pitcher from the White Sox" is a great young talent to say that Sowers won't last long in the majors is laughable. He was a top 10 pick, and is more highly ranked than any young pitcher the White Sox have in their system.

Comment

It's not like Sowers came out of nowhere, he started 15 games last year with 2 complete game shutouts and a 3.53 ERA. He doesn't have elite stuff, but that's so vastly overrated anyway. For as much as you think "insert mediocre pitcher from the White Sox" is a great young talent to say that Sowers won't last long in the majors is laughable. He was a top 10 pick, and is more highly ranked than any young pitcher the White Sox have in their system.
                    I just watched some highlights of Sowers from last year, and he reminds me a bit of Buehrle. But he has a "funkier" motion. Their fastballs are about the same, and they both rely on their location. Sowers has a bit better breaking ball, but Buehrle has a better change and also has a cutter. Sowers is never going to be a stud. With the success Buehrle has had so far in his career, Sowers has hope.

Also, I said if he pitches like he did today, he won't last long in the league. I never saw him pitch before, and today he looked like the only thing that he had was a corkey deliever that unbalanced some hitters, so don't try and act like some genius know it all and try and try and say I am practically an idiot, a-hole.

And how can you say Sowers is soo much better then everyone on both the White Sox and Indians? Now that is laughable. And I can name dozens of players who were drafted in the top 10 who suck. Gavin Floyd was drated 4th overall. And has much better stuff then Sower. But he so far has not succeeded in the ML lever, so far in his young career.

Also, you act like Buehrle is a horrible pitcher, but he was a top pitcher in baseball for a couple years. And CC is much better then Sowers. Jon Garland has won 36 games these past two years. And I would also rather have Vazquez over Sowers. Vazquez has some of the best stuff in the league, and is due for a cy young contender-esque year.

And as far as prospects go, some I would rather have then Sowers include: Jon Danks, Gio Gonzalez, Adam Russel, and Charlie Haeger.

Can Sowers succeed in the majors? Probably. But will he be this elite player? I doubt it.
                    Last edited by Smokey Joe; 04-05-2007, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Of course you would rather have those players, you've been drastically overrating the White Sox farm talent all year. I said Sowers is higher ranked, by people that are objective and know these things.

Comment

From the Indians organization, I'd much rather have Adam Miller, and they have a couple other interesting pitching prospects that I'd might rather have. So no, it isn't all my White Sox bias and pure hatred of the Indians.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                          From the Indians organization, I'd much rather have Adam Miller, and they have a couple other interesting pitching prospects that I'd might rather have. So no, it isn't all my White Sox bias and pure hatred of the Indians.
                          Oh Miller is definately the better pitching prospect. He's a future ace, whereas Sowers will probably max out as a #2.

Comment

the NL central is going to be really close this year IMO...the brewers are going to be tough and the reds will hang around...if the cubs want to win it the need consistency from atleast Z and Lilly plus solid contribution from the rest and then not have dempster decide to play with himself instead of closing out games...only then will they have a legit chance

Comment

mmmm cubs.
                              i can smell the snow covering wrigley field right now.
                              it smells like cold.

more important.
                              NLC = ultra-tight.
                              cubs may have the better bats. which is weird.
                              they just need to convert hits into runs. i don't know if they have the speed for that. brewers, the only thing that scares me about them is turnbow. that kid can and will be scary as you try to come from behind.
                              reds/cards. yeah. y'know.
                              astros. are getting old, doesn't have the big power. will probably just be around .500 at best. yet dropped three so far to them.
                              pirates? i'd love to say they're a laughing matter.
                              oh, they're a laughing matter.
                              cool.
                              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                                mmmm cubs.
                                i can smell the snow covering wrigley field right now.
                                it smells like cold.

more important.
                                NLC = ultra-tight.
                                cubs may have the better bats. which is weird.
                                they just need to convert hits into runs. i don't know if they have the speed for that. brewers, the only thing that scares me about them is turnbow. that kid can and will be scary as you try to come from behind.
                                reds/cards. yeah. y'know.
                                astros. are getting old, doesn't have the big power. will probably just be around .500 at best. yet dropped three so far to them.
                                pirates? i'd love to say they're a laughing matter.
                                oh, they're a laughing matter.
                                cool.
                                Turnbow isn't even the closer, he was demoted after last years allstar break. He is starting to look good again and I said from the begining of the year that he will get it back. Either way with him and Cordero we are in good shape late into games. If something should scare you watch out for Sheets and Prince.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information