Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Sox/Cubs/Indians(for 51) thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • White Sox/Cubs/Indians(for 51) thread

    Welcome to the Bears forum Baseball thread...

    White Sox > Indians > Cubs.

    ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!


  • #2
    I actually think the Cubs will win the NL Central.

    I also think the National League is a joke and should be sent to Canada though.


    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      I actually think the Cubs will win the NL Central.

      I also think the National League is a joke and should be sent to Canada though.
      If the NL is a complete joke, how did a representative of them win the World Series?

      biotch! :D

      ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

      Comment


      • #4
        yea that was easily the most ridiculous world series ever.


        Sig by me... Hold the applause.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
          yea that was easily the most ridiculous world series ever.
          It was a fluke how the Cardinals, a team who squeeked into the playoffs beat the Tigers, who like 51 said, shat down their legs.

          The AL is kinda like the AFC in Football.

          Who else is with me that Detroit falls off the table this year? Ok maybe not off the table but I think they finish 3rd in the Central behind the Indians and ChiSox. Being without Kenny Rogers for what, 3 months is going to hurt. I don't care who the think can step in, Kenny is still a very good pitcher IMHO.

          If Prior can sprout a dick this season and step up, the Cubs are going to be goooooood. Their hitting is insane, I like their bullpen, and their pitching is ok. But it's got a shot to be very solid. Depends a lot on what Lilly, Hill, and Marquis can do.


          Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

          Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
            If the NL is a complete joke, how did a representative of them win the World Series?

            biotch! :D
            Because Detroit totally choked. They should've swept the friggin Cardinals, especially with how good they were playing at the time. Major choke job.


            Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

            Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              It was a fluke how the Cardinals, a team who squeeked into the playoffs beat the Tigers, who like 51 said, shat down their legs.

              The AL is kinda like the AFC in Football.

              Who else is with me that Detroit falls off the table this year? Ok maybe not off the table but I think they finish 3rd in the Central behind the Indians and ChiSox. Being without Kenny Rogers for what, 3 months is going to hurt. I don't care who the think can step in, Kenny is still a very good pitcher IMHO.

              If Prior can sprout a dick this season and step up, the Cubs are going to be goooooood. Their hitting is insane, I like their bullpen, and their pitching is ok. But it's got a shot to be very solid. Depends a lot on what Lilly, Hill, and Marquis can do.
              a lot depends on what Wade Miller can do as well... if he can be what he was before his injuries... he could be terrific for us.


              Sig by me... Hold the applause.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                Who else is with me that Detroit falls off the table this year? Ok maybe not off the table but I think they finish 3rd in the Central behind the Indians and ChiSox. Being without Kenny Rogers for what, 3 months is going to hurt. I don't care who the think can step in, Kenny is still a very good pitcher IMHO.
                You don't think the twins will be a top 3 team in the AL central? That's blasphemy.

                Anyways, the Cubs need Hill and Marquis/Miller/Lilly to step up, with 3 quality starters i believe the Cubbies can win the Central easy.

                Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good first start for Contreras. I'm telling you, this White Sox rotation is going to do some damage this year.

                  ;)


                  Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Good first start for Contreras. I'm telling you, this White Sox rotation is going to do some damage this year.

                    ;)
                    Jose did look pretty bad, but it wasn't as bad as the box-score would show. He had a very good spring. Today his splitter wasn't splitting and he was missing his spots with the fastball. I think he will rebound nicely next week. Don't forget there are 161 games left in the season ;)

                    ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Any team can beat any other team on any given day... I don't care if it is the Pirates vs. the Yankees in a 4 game set at Yankee Stadium. The Pirates could still sweep them, IMO. It all depends on if the ball bounces your way or not.

                      Like for the Superbowl, did any of you think we had no shot vs. the Colts? I hope not, because that game was for the Bears taking, but they mainly blew it.

                      ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This is just example 1 out of 162 of my "why the White Sox starting pitching will keep them out of the playoffs".

                        Two young guys out of the bullpen (after the crummy guy with pitches) looked pretty good though. I like the big guy they got from the Royals if we can get control of his stuff. He reminds me of Scott Elarton of a few years ago.


                        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          Good first start for Contreras. I'm telling you, this White Sox rotation is going to do some damage this year.

                          ;)
                          They don't need to do damage, they need to give us consistent starts. Our hitting can do their part and we have a solid bullpen.

                          Borowski would scare the hell out of me if he was our closer, yikes. He throws some meat pitches.


                          Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            I actually think the Cubs will win the NL Central.

                            I also think the National League is a joke and should be sent to Canada though.
                            NL Central is wide open. There is only one team that can not win it. I'm still staying with the Cardinals but not by much.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              They don't need to do damage, they need to give us consistent starts. Our hitting can do their part and we have a solid bullpen.

                              Borowski would scare the hell out of me if he was our closer, yikes. He throws some meat pitches.
                              I'm not crazy about Borowski, but he's the best we could do on the Free Agent market. I imagine we'll win a lot of games by 3-4 runs anyway.


                              Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information