Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like Scott's new Mock Draft for the Bears?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bears probably wont get a chance to draft a good OT in this draft. I would just rather pass on them all together or just use one of our 7th rounders on one to put on the practice squad and develop like they are doing with Reed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
      Ruben Brown has a year left, tops. Terrance Mercalf is not starter material, he proved that last year, with Brown leaving next year, it's be nice to have Ruben's replacement on the roster. There are almost no reports of Tyler Reed, who was a bad pick last year to begin with. Reed is training camp fodder, he'll be lucky to make the 53 man roster, he's not even in the same escelon as Justin Blalock, Ben Grubbs, or Ryan Kalil. Offensive Guard, and Tackle are both needs, Fred Miller has very little left in the tank, and John Tait is better suited to play right tackle. I wouldn't mind Tony Ugoh at 37, but that's too early for James Marten.

Now quote me on this OFFENSIVE LINE will be taken on the first day by the Bears.
      I put your quote in my sig... if your a man, you will put mine in yours (this sounds like when we were in bed the other night :D)

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Well my statement applies to the entire offensive line, yours only applies to guard.

sig by VLS
        Originally posted by Smokey Joe
        I don't care...

Comment

Well my statement applies to the entire offensive line, yours only applies to guard.
          I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
            I don't care...
            No you don't.

sig by VLS
            I don't care...

Comment

No you don't.
              exactly... and that is one mighty fine sig quote you got there.

Comment

My trade idea:

Bears send to Bills:
                Lance Briggs

Bills Send to Falcons:
                1st rd pick

Falcons send to Bears:
                Both 2nd rd picks

so the Bills get: Lance Briggs
                they lose:12th overall

Atlanta gets: 12th overall
                they lose: 2 2nd rd picks

Bears get: 2 2nd rd picks
                they lose:Lance Briggs

Then our draft could look like this:
                1st:Dwayne Jarret WR
                2a:Michael Griffin S
                2b: Justin Blalock OG/T
                2c-trade this to Seattle along with our 4th rder and next years 4th for their 2nd and 3rd rders
                2c(Seattles)-Ben Patrick TE
                3a(Seattles)-Quinn Pitcock DT
                3b-Quincy Black OLB

That would be incredible.
                Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

that would never happen.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

if joe staley drops to 31, or we trade up and down to 15-ish. we'll pick up OT, which is (as i've said in other threads) the idea of the day.
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                      that would never happen.
                      ^^^ what you said.

Comment

meh, its a fun thought, and i like the possibility.
                        Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                        Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

What would you guys think about this draft?

Rnd 1. Dwayne Jarret WR - USC
                          Rnd 2. Ben Grubbs OG - Auburn
                          Rnd 3. Rufus Alexaner OLB - Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by KBear View Post
                            The Bears probably wont get a chance to draft a good OT in this draft. I would just rather pass on them all together or just use one of our 7th rounders on one to put on the practice squad and develop like they are doing with Reed.
                            KBear you see the trend of the Bears not drafting O-Lineman in the top rnds? I've been trying to explain this trend for quite sometime now. Not to say that it won't be broken but its evident Angelo believes he doesn't need to use top rnd draft picks on O-Lineman when he can select other positions. If Grubbs is selected in the 2nd round I won't cry (I'm still going to be a little upset but Grubbs in the 2nd is a good value) but if an O-Lineman gets selected with a 1st rounder I'm going to be livid. I don't see it happening. I hope an O-Lineman isnt' selected in the 2nd either but I could live with Grubbs in the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                              KBear you see the trend of the Bears not drafting O-Lineman in the top rnds? I've been trying to explain this trend for quite sometime now. Not to say that it won't be broken but its evident Angelo believes he doesn't need to use top rnd draft picks on O-Lineman when he can select other positions. If Grubbs is selected in the 2nd round I won't cry (I'm still going to be a little upset but Grubbs in the 2nd is a good value) but if an O-Lineman gets selected with a 1st rounder I'm going to be livid. I don't see it happening. I hope an O-Lineman isnt' selected in the 2nd either but I could live with Grubbs in the 2nd.
                              He's never taken a WR, TE, DB, or OLB in the first before either, does that mean he won't take one?

sig by VLS
                              I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                                KBear you see the trend of the Bears not drafting O-Lineman in the top rnds? I've been trying to explain this trend for quite sometime now. Not to say that it won't be broken but its evident Angelo believes he doesn't need to use top rnd draft picks on O-Lineman when he can select other positions.
                                but he has. that's the thing... but we haven't had a serious problem with our o-line since 2005 (2004 was another story, tait, steve edwards, qasim mitchell, columbo, and metcalf turned surferboy hutch into a pindoll with 3400 sacks(-ish)). everyone since has been pretty decent. we tried drafting marc columbo. and. yeah.

so what JA couldn't get from marc columbo... (which is irrelevent, he's still a rather good lineman), he can get with a solid-ish O-Line and two-three new linemen to eventually supersede metcalf and st. clair. i doubt he's THAT antsy about picking a lineman since columbo. he just hasn't had the need to fuss with it. the free agency isn't here this year.

we really need to ditch fred miller, move tait back to right tackle and find a good left tackle (but with the price that good LTs have been commanding lately...)
                                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information