Chicago Bears Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka
    We could wrap this division up as early as next week. If we win and the Packers and Vikings lose, the division is ours. And whether or not it matters I want to beat the Patriots. I want some proof that this team can hang with the big guns in this league.
    New York and Seattle are both on the same level as New England in my mind. Either way, I'm not going to get too up or down for this game, it'll be fun to watch, but if we lose I really can't say I'll care.

As for the division, I think we'll get it next week against Minny at home. I can't see the Vikings losing at home to the Cardinals. It'll be more fun to win it at home anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Although let's be honest here, we won the division before the season even started. Besides the musings of certain Packers and Vikings homers.

Comment

• I'll get up for the game, but that's just how I'm wired, and still in the football mindset. But I want us to win this game, this is like the Steelers game last year. We've hung with the NFC's top teams, but how will fair against the AFC. Half of the country will be watching, we need to come out and show the Bear's true colors. And I still think we should have gotten Cedric more carries.

sig by VLS
        Originally posted by Smokey Joe
        I don't care...

Comment

• The defense needs to stop the god damn run..

Definitely frustrating to watch Leon Washington run all over on our defense. And the other 2 scrub backs.

Mark Bradley is sick..

He's still extremely raw too, he's going to get so much better. We haven't even see anything close to the WR he's going to become if he can stay healthy.

He definitely needs to work on his hands though.. That TD catch he let the ball hit him in the chest instead of grabbing it.

Benson & TJ were awesome today.

Danieal Manning is getting better and better every week and tackling a lot better.

I'm worried about the rush defense next week vs NE.. If anyone can expose the defense it's definitely Bellicheck(sp?).

Comment

• Did you watch the second half? Bears were fine against the run. Yes we ended up giving up over 100 yards but 28 of that were on a reverse by Tim Dwight. We absolutely snuffed Washington in the second half.

Comment

• In fact, for those curious, the Jets rushing stats for the second half:

7 carries, 17 yards, 8 of which came on one run.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                Did you watch the second half? Bears were fine against the run. Yes we ended up giving up over 100 yards but 28 of that were on a reverse by Tim Dwight. We absolutely snuffed Washington in the second half.
                Yea their run game didn't do crap in the 2nd Half. And their pass game never got beyond 12 yards it seemed like. Again, it was that dink and dunk crap, but I don't really care. They put up the sombrero on offense.

My biggest worry is tackling next week. We tend to have some games where the tackle bug bites us and we can't wrap up. If that happens against Maroney, um yea we're going to get toasted. We need 3 to 4 guys on the ball carrier, and no more missing gaps. Todd Johnson missed his gap twice today causing a big run.

My keys to next week:

1) Establish run game

2) Protect Rex

3) Limit the drops by our recievers

4) No turnovers (well limit the turnovers anyway especially you Rexy)

5) Wrap up and tackle

6) Get a pass rush

7) One big play from Hester

8) 2 or more defensive turnovers

Granted not all 8 of those are going to happen but those are my key areas to focus on for next week. Most importantly though. Get up early and take the crowd out. Score points on the first drive and stone NE early. We won't be shutting out the Pats this week so points are a must.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

In fact, for those curious, the Jets rushing stats for the second half:

7 carries, 17 yards, 8 of which came on one run.
                  :shock:

So in reality it was 6 carries for 9 yards. Anyone else notice when Ian Scott came in the game our run D got a little better? That's one thing I love about Ian's game. He stuffs up the middle of the field.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I thought Todd Johnson actually had a nice game. I put the bad rushing D in the first half on the front seven. You'll notice that when we did start to shut down the run, it was because the back wasn't getting to our second level. I don't think the Jets had a non-trick run play beyond 16 yards, they just had a handful of plays that got to the second level, which isn't the saftey's fault.

Comment

I thought Todd Johnson actually had a nice game. I put the bad rushing D in the first half on the front seven. You'll notice that when we did start to shut down the run, it was because the back wasn't getting to our second level. I don't think the Jets had a non-trick run play beyond 16 yards, they just had a handful of plays that got to the second level, which isn't the saftey's fault.
                      Todd did miss his gap though twice. Although in order to get to Todd one of our front 7 would've had to have missed their gap as well. Ok yea, it's the front 7's fault.

I'm really impressed with Manning at FS. The guy just doesn't miss tackles (knock on wood) and he made a great play in coverage today to prevent a big gain. The kid plays like a veteran. Nothing flashy; just solid and smart football. What a pickup this kid was.

Comment

• Was it just me or was Harris out a long time with those cramps,

sig by VLS
                        Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                        I don't care...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka
                          Was it just me or was Harris out a long time with those cramps,
                          I think he was gone from the 2nd to about the 4th wasn't he? Or am I dreaming?

Tommie has kinda topped off though. He hasn't been such a force in the run game for a couple weeks.

Comment

• Yeah they said he was dehydrating.

Comment

Yeah they said he was dehydrating.
                              Maybe that no huddle was doing that. But still, it really wasn't that hot out was it?

Comment

• Hey, what happened to Wale?
                                I saw him go head 1st, but whats the deal w/ him, will he be able to play next week?

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                                who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information