Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearfan54
    Hey, what happened to Wale?
    I saw him go head 1st, but whats the deal w/ him, will he be able to play next week?
    Yeah he's fine. He got kicked in the junk.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....home-headlines

Great article by Mike Downey about the insane amount of criticism that this team gets considering that they are 9-1 and clearly the best team in the NFC right now. I don't care what anyone says, there isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't like to trade places with us right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-061119downey,1,2596398.column?page=1&coll=cs-home-headlines

Great article by Mike Downey about the insane amount of criticism that this team gets considering that they are 9-1 and clearly the best team in the NFC right now. I don't care what anyone says, there isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't like to trade places with us right now.
        We'll see you in December :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You gotta give props to the Jets though...Mangini is doing one hell of a job with that team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-061119downey,1,2596398.column?page=1&coll=cs-home-headlines

You gotta give props to the Jets though...Mangini is doing one hell of a job with that team.
          Giants need to worry about holding off the Cowboys and winning their division. I've been extremely critical of the Cowboys but I'd say they are the #2 team in the NFC right now. If the Giants can't win their division they'll have to go on the road and likely won't even see the second round.

As for Mangini, I'll give him props for making a not very good team 5-5. That being said, I said the Jets weren't very good, and they aren't. If they make the playoffs (which I doubt they will) it will only be because of a very easy schedule. Honestly, can you see them going into Baltimore in the playoffs and not getting creamed?

But yeah, even if they finish 8-8 that has to be considered a huge season for the Jets. They are making the right moves over there.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense

Giants need to worry about holding off the Cowboys and winning their division. I've been extremely critical of the Cowboys but I'd say they are the #2 team in the NFC right now. If the Giants can't win their division they'll have to go on the road and likely won't even see the second round.

As for Mangini, I'll give him props for making a not very good team 5-5. That being said, I said the Jets weren't very good, and they aren't. If they make the playoffs (which I doubt they will) it will only be because of a very easy schedule. Honestly, can you see them going into Baltimore in the playoffs and not getting creamed?

But yeah, even if they finish 8-8 that has to be considered a huge season for the Jets. They are making the right moves over there.
            Anything beyond 5 wins for them, even with that schedule is icing on the cake. The direction the team is headed is what should get them happy.

In regards to the Giants, yes, we're injured. But if we can get healthy by playoff time, we're the 2nd best team next to the Bears. We're 3-0 in our division, and we have Dallas, Philly at home, and Washington on the road. We should easily beat Philly and Washington, even with our injuries, making us at worst 5-1 in our division, which would all but seal it for us. Then we just need 2 wins outside of the diviison. Im honestly thinking 2 seed and a bye right now. The NFC is such a crapshoot, if the Giants can just survive these injuries, why not?

I picked Dallas to go to the SB prior to the season, so Im not surprised about them picking it up. But if we can just get healthy again, we're the better team.

Comment

• I have more confidence in Tony Romo than Eli Manning right now.

Can't believe I just said that.

Comment

I have more confidence in Tony Romo than Eli Manning right now.

Come on Bearsfan, you should know better than that.

I won't defend Eli though, its clear he needs to play more consistant.

Comment

I've never liked Eli. I'd rather have Grossman, and I hate Grossman.

Comment

Grossman over Eli? Now youre just being a hater. Come on, imagine letting Grossman throw it in our system. Just think about that, imagine if Grossman had to do what Eli does...how many INTs would he have? Eli has a ton too, don't get me wrong, but Grossman would have like 20 by now.

Comment

Grossman over Eli? Now youre just being a hater. Come on, imagine letting Grossman throw it in our system. Just think about that, imagine if Grossman had to do what Eli does...how many INTs would he have? Eli has a ton too, don't get me wrong, but Grossman would have like 20 by now.
                      What does Eli have to do? He has a MUCH better offense around him. Both make really stupid decisions. The only difference in my eyes is that Eli is taller and probably is a little more accurate (although it's hard to tell when he throws it to the other team so often) and Grossman is a little more mobile and arguably has better leadership skills.

Comment

What does Eli have to do? He has a MUCH better offense around him. Both make really stupid decisions. The only difference in my eyes is that Eli is taller and probably is a little more accurate (although it's hard to tell when he throws it to the other team so often) and Grossman is a little more mobile and arguably has better leadership skills.
                        Come on now, Eli runs a no huddle alot of the game, he is responsible for aligning the pass protections, and our scheme is far more complex and difficult to comprehend.

But like you said, both aren't the hottest cheerleaders on the block right now, so the whole argument is kind of stupid.

Comment

Come on now, Eli runs a no huddle alot of the game, he is responsible for aligning the pass protections, and our scheme is far more complex and difficult to comprehend.

But like you said, both aren't the hottest cheerleaders on the block right now, so the whole argument is kind of stupid.

agreed. Grossman had better get his head on right, but I gotta say, sunday against the Jets was an OK game for him. He wasnt hot but he wasnt crappy either. He was very mediocre. So in all Eli and Grossman need to throw with some consistent success.
                          Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                          Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Great article. I was reading this piece of trash of commentary talking about how how our offense is as bad as last year and still cant believe this guy gets paid to write about sports.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9815391

He obviously hasnt seen a single game this year or even looked at any stats other than this game. Arent we the number two scoring offense right now. Im still fuming. :evil: [/i]

Comment

• CBS sportsline is always running down the Bears. I have a deep deep hatred for Pete Prisco. I'd probably kick his fat face in if I ever met him.

Comment

• Cedric Benson is starting to get a little more involved, and that's a good thing. I think a heavy dose of Benson and Jones can lead to a win against teh Patriots. We still aren't getting a clear picture of Benson though.

sig by VLS
                                Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                                I don't care...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information