No announcement yet.

Chicago Bears Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can anyone still be a fan of Rex Grossman? How? Brian Griese is a below-average starter and our offense looks eons better than it did with Grossman starting.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      How can anyone still be a fan of Rex Grossman? How? Brian Griese is a below-average starter and our offense looks eons better than it did with Grossman starting.
      Well, it's not hard.

You, 51, i bet the words coming out of your mouth after week five last year were, wow, that grossman guy looks like a real pro. (of course i wasn't here then, so i'm just assuming what everyone who's a chicago bears fan said that day after week five... hell, i'll even say week 8...)

he hasn't lost his tools, his arm, his touch, nor was he credited last year for making bad decisions (remember, he went on some sick 10:1 ratio streak?) until later in the season, i think he has the capability of being a good quarterback, in the same manner that anyone says jamarcus russell a capability of being a good quarterback... i don't think that grossman has necessarly gone bust yet, i just don't think he's developed properly. and that, yes, not with the bears, someone will pick him up and he'll come back to haunt us. carolina? maybe. who knows if john fox sticks around...

bf, no kidding. from all i heard it was all or nothing. either it was snap and then instant penetration, or AP was running for 14 yards. (or 37, or 63, or 55 or whatever)...
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Delete.....

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
          Well, it's not hard.

You, 51, i bet the words coming out of your mouth after week five last year were, wow, that grossman guy looks like a real pro. (of course i wasn't here then, so i'm just assuming what everyone who's a chicago bears fan said that day after week five... hell, i'll even say week 8.
          Actually, and if there's anyone here that remembers they can back me up, I said before the Cardinals game that Grosman's performance was a total mirage, that he needed 10 seconds in the pocket to find a reciever, that he still hopped around like a ******** midget, and that he couldn't complete a pass that wasn't a bomb to Berrian.

So no...I've never been warm on Grossman. I've never been warm on any Quarterback that's not at least 6'2 for the record though. I ******* hated Doug Flutie. Still do actually.

Comment

Actually, and if there's anyone here that remembers they can back me up, I said before the Cardinals game that Grosman's performance was a total mirage, that he needed 10 seconds in the pocket to find a reciever, that he still hopped around like a ******** midget, and that he couldn't complete a pass that wasn't a bomb to Berrian.

So no...I've never been warm on Grossman. I've never been warm on any Quarterback that's not at least 6'2 for the record though. I ******* hated Doug Flutie. Still do actually.
            I remember you posting this before the Cardinals game last year. You basically jinxed Grossman from that point on and I don't think I'll ever forgive you for that =).

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...read.php?t=846

Grossman can probably salvage his career somewhere else, but I highly doubt it will be in Chicago.

Comment

Sweetness on the other hand. His mouth still probably tastes like Grossman's balls.

sig by VLS
              Originally posted by Smokey Joe
              I don't care...

Comment

• I went back and saw the tape of most of the big runs that Peterson pulled off. I played attention to Urlacher in particular, and I noticed these things.

Either one or the other happened.

1. Urlacher hit the wrong gap and created a huge running hole to run through, or was sucked in by the initial direction of the run, and got juked by the misdirection. In these instances, I fault Urlacher soley, he shouldn't be making those mistakes.

2. The dline did not do a good job occuping linemen and Urlacher had to take on Guards or Tackles and got swallowed as a result. Now this is both the dline's fault and Urlacher's fault. The dline simply has to do a better job preventing linemen from getting to the second level.

But its also Urlacher's fault, because for a guy so big and physical, I expect him to shed blocks alot better. He's 255 lbs. He's not 230. Why is he getting dismantled by the linemen like that? At that size, with his combination of speed, and physical strength, he should be doing a much better job shedding blocks. I know he's great when unblocked, but anyone can make an open field tackle, the best in the business should be able to disengage too. Im disappointed in his inability to shed blocks. For his size, he's simply got to do a better job at it. If Patrick Willis can do it with ease, so should Urlacher.

After analyzing those plays, as much as he's the best in the business, Urlacher definately didn't play like it on Sunday. Perhaps we underestimated Tank Johnson's value to this team?

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I went back and saw the tape of most of the big runs that Peterson pulled off. I played attention to Urlacher in particular, and I noticed these things.

Either one or the other happened.

1. Urlacher hit the wrong gap and created a huge running hole to run through, or was sucked in by the initial direction of the run, and got juked by the misdirection. In these instances, I fault Urlacher soley, he shouldn't be making those mistakes.

2. The dline did not do a good job occuping linemen and Urlacher had to take on Guards or Tackles and got swallowed as a result. Now this is both the dline's fault and Urlacher's fault. The dline simply has to do a better job preventing linemen from getting to the second level.

But its also Urlacher's fault, because for a guy so big and physical, I expect him to shed blocks alot better. He's 255 lbs. He's not 230. Why is he getting dismantled by the linemen like that? At that size, with his combination of speed, and physical strength, he should be doing a much better job shedding blocks. I know he's great when unblocked, but anyone can make an open field tackle, the best in the business should be able to disengage too. Im disappointed in his inability to shed blocks. For his size, he's simply got to do a better job at it. If Patrick Willis can do it with ease, so should Urlacher.

After analyzing those plays, as much as he's the best in the business, Urlacher definately didn't play like it on Sunday. Perhaps we underestimated Tank Johnson's value to this team?

Just my 2 cents.

Urlacher has been stiff and a step slower this year. I think he's been sitting out of a lot of practices with back problems. All I know is he definitely does not look the same out there. All in all the defense just seemed to be playing with a lot less intensity ever since the Cowboys loss. Just not swarming the same as we used to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                    Sweetness on the other hand. His mouth still probably tastes like Grossman's balls.
                    Haha I like Rex, but I'd rather have Griese right now and for the rest of the year.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information