Chicago Bears Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetness34
    Sec of State: IBleedNavyandOrange (aka IBNO) - I'd argue he's one of the most intelligent posters on this board (when he posts). Would do a fine job as Sec of State. Soft spoken, yet lethal in his ways.

That's funny for two reasons: #1 because I'm doing my PhD in Middle East Geopolitics, #2 because anyone who knows me outside of here would never call me "soft spoken."

I'll come back to posting (and talk about that game... holy sheet) soon; I exiled myself following the Miami game because I needed to get away from the digust I was feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan54
      Now NY fans will complain about all the injuries that they had.

Here is what I say to that:
      Injuries are part of the NFL, deal w/ it
      Nail on the head. No one gives the Bears a pass on the Miami game just because Mike Brown and Bernard Berrian were injured.

Comment

I like boobies.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          I like boobies.
          who doesn't?

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedNavyandOrange
            Originally posted by bearfan54
            Now NY fans will complain about all the injuries that they had.

Here is what I say to that:
            Injuries are part of the NFL, deal w/ it
            Nail on the head. No one gives the Bears a pass on the Miami game just because Mike Brown and Bernard Berrian were injured.
            But it's the story of how our team is viewed.

First it was we beat 3 crappy teams to get to 3-0, just wait until you face Seattle. Ok, we creamed them then it was well you played at home and they didn't have Alexander. Then after 7-0 they said well you should've lost to Arizona and besides the Seattle game you hadn't played anyone. Then we lose and everyone and their uncle calls us the most overrated team in the league because Miami beat us (when if they watched the game we beat ourselves, Miami didn't do crap to win that game). Then it was, wait until the Giants, a real team. We cream them and now it's well they had all those injuries.

Even though I can't stand the bashing it I think our guys feed off of the negativity. So keep bringing it on. Because everytime they here that they're overrated, it fires them up to prove them wrong (although I wish we didn't have to have that excuse to get fired up). But here's my point on this:

1) Game one, people said we were overrated the entire offseason - what happens, we cream Green Bay

2) People still doubted them and they creamed Detroit; "eh Green Bay isn't that good, Detroit is a better team." :roll:

3) I'll give them a pass on the Minny game, we always play bad there. But after that game people started saying we were overrated again and how we were going to lose to Seattle, and look what happened.

4) We overlooked Arizona and people started the overrated chant again, so we creamed San Francisco.

5) We overlooked and choked against Miami and the overrated statements came out yet again, and we beat the snot out of the Giants

Not saying it's reason why we creamed those teams, but I think this team loves people to bash them; they feed off of it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

It's a "damned if you do; damned if you don't" type argument.

You play a crappy team, and you beat the snot out of them. Instead of hearing "wow, you beat the snot out of that crappy team," it's, "well, you should have beaten the snot out of that crappy team." And if you have a close game, it's not "well, on any given Sunday in this league anyone can lose and anyone can win," it's "wow, you almost lost to that crappy team."

And don't get me started on the injury thing. In 2004 the Bears were labeled as a crap team, but no one said, "they're actually a decent team with their superstar injured and no stability at QB."

I guess all in all it's a good thing to be up among the elite teams and having people take pot-shots at your record, rather than being among the hoi polloi and not getting any respect.

Comment

We aren't a dominant team, we can be beaten, and if Rex Grossman gets pressured he makes stupid decisions.

I have no problem with what people are saying because it's true.

Comment

Ok so I'm going to rant a little more on the game. All these people are now complaining about injuries and that's the reason why they lost the game.

But during the week leading up to the game people were saying, "this is the week the Bears fall again. They'll be 7-2 after this game. NY is going to beat them even with their injuries. Chicago is overrated." Blah Blah Blah

And now those same people are running with their tails between their legs complaning that we beat up an injury riddled team. Even a couple of guys on this board were calling for a win. So that tells me that they were confident even with their injuries that they could win this game. Step up to the plate and realize that we beat you last night because we were the better team. You play the hands you're dealt and roll with it. We've had our share of injuries over the past 5 years.

Here's how I see the match-up:

QB - Toss up (Eli and Rex both have been inconsistent this season)

RB - Giants (Tiki and Jacobs are a sick duo)

WR - Giants (Toomer and Burress are very good, it's close though)

TE - Giants (Shockey is a great TE, it's close but I'll give NY the edge)

OL - Giants (I've been disappointed with our pass protection in the last 2 games and our run blocking all year long and the Giants OL handled our DL in the first half)

DL - Bears (best front 4 in the NFL when healthy, its really tough though, could go either way)

LB - Bears (Briggs, Urlacher, and Hillenmeyer are best best LB core in the NFL IMO)

DB - Bears (I'd say pretty close starting wise, but we've got more depth)

ST - Bears (Gould = Best Kicker and Hester = Best PR this season, pretty clear to me)

Coaching - Bears (I can't stand Coughlin and their coordinators. Chicago has IMO one of the best coaches in the NFL, one of the best Defensive Coordinators in the NFL, and a solid Offensive Coordinator)

I know Giant fans will disagree with me on some points but that's how I see it. WR, DL, and QB were tough to choose.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

We lost fair and square. No denying it. We got outcoached, outperformed, everything, top to bottom.

I think these 2 teams are the best in the NFC though, and I wouldn't be surprised if we meet again, but I have a feeling it will be at your house if it happens.

But if we plan on meeting you guys again, it only happens if Eli Manning can learn to control his arm, he's been throwing up way too many picks. The offensive scheme is horrendous as well, but still, Eli needs to control himself.

The local media has been destroying Coughlin and Huffnagel on the radio today. I personally want a coaching change, but I doubt it happens. But to get on subject, we lost fair and square. I don't care if we were hurt, we just lost, period. No excuses.

Comment

• CANT SOMEONE TEACH CHRIS HARRIS HOW TO ******* WRAP UP?

He has looked terrible tackling this year.. (mostly what I saw in preseason and yesterday.)

And I have never realized how important Mike Brown was to our run defense.. These last 2 weeks make it clearly evident how bad we are missing him. 300+yards in 2 weeks.

I think the rush defense has something to do with Tank being in the lineup as well. He is a great pass rusher, but Scott is definitely better against the run..

I want to draft a SS in the first round in this years draft.. Griffin would be sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL
                        CANT SOMEONE TEACH CHRIS HARRIS HOW TO *********** WRAP UP?

He has looked terrible tackling this year.. (mostly what I saw in preseason and yesterday.)

And I have never realized how important Mike Brown was to our run defense.. These last 2 weeks make it clearly evident how bad we are missing him. 300+yards in 2 weeks.

I think the rush defense has something to do with Tank being in the lineup as well. He is a great pass rusher, but Scott is definitely better against the run..

I want to draft a SS in the first round in this years draft.. Griffin would be sick.
                        I realized the same thing about Brown last week. Bob Sanders plays a similar role in the Colts scheme and hes been out most of the year leaving the Colts pretty porous. Brown had great instincts and would be very disruptive against the run even if not making the tackle outright.

I think Im starting to understand Grossman a little better after last night. His play action is absolutely deadly because his release is so quick. If a DB hesitates for even a millisecond to try and play the run, Rex makes him pay for it. Rex goes through his reads after the play action very quickly and his mechanics come naturally cuz hes feeling it more than thinking about it.

This makes him very effective on running downs, 3rd and shorts, or when were up by a lot and the other team is just trying to stop the run to get the ball back.

Yet in 3rd and long situations or when were down a few scores, he sits in the pocket and tries to think himself into to a big play. He holds the ball too long, stares down the recievers, and completely loses the natural feel for his mechanics cuz hes trying to improvise. Hes a one trick pony even if that one trick can score you 4 touchdowns a game.

Hes a perfect fit for a team with a good defense and a threatening running game, but in any other situation I think he would be an absolutely terrible player. Establishing a running game is absolutely priority for Turner from here on out. No more long bombs to set up the run or were going to see the return Turnoversaurus Rex

Comment

• Ok yea, we're getting creamed by about 10 other teams in the post count. Where the hell are all the Bear fans?

Where did you go to KBear and toonster?

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
                            Ok yea, we're getting creamed by about 10 other teams in the post count. Where the hell are all the Bear fans?

Where did you go to KBear and toonster?
                            Did i say you could talk?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              We lost fair and square. No denying it. We got outcoached, outperformed, everything, top to bottom.

I think these 2 teams are the best in the NFC though, and I wouldn't be surprised if we meet again, but I have a feeling it will be at your house if it happens.
                              I don't think there's any question. The Bears are 3 games up on the Giants with only 7 games left to play. If we finish 12-4 HFA should be ours. That's 4-3 over the next 7 games, barring a collapse I think that's well within reach. Even if we lose the next two games, the only remaining even remotely difficult one is the road one against the Rams, and that's just because it's in a dome. Obviously we can't take any game for granted, but still...

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense

I don't think there's any question. The Bears are 3 games up on the Giants with only 7 games left to play. If we finish 12-4 HFA should be ours. That's 4-3 over the next 7 games, barring a collapse I think that's well within reach. Even if we lose the next two games, the only remaining even remotely difficult one is the road one against the Rams, and that's just because it's in a dome. Obviously we can't take any game for granted, but still...
                                There's also your year-end loss to the Packers.
                                The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information