X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think?

Can we beat the jets?
    Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
    Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearsfan123
      What do you guys think?

Can we beat the jets?
      They could, but I'm not betting on them to.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown
        Originally posted by Bearsfan123
        What do you guys think?

Can we beat the jets?
        They could, but I'm not betting on them to.
        Well what's the spread?

sig by VLS
        Originally posted by Smokey Joe
        I don't care...

Comment

• An 5-4 team with close losses against The Pats and Indy over an 8-1 with close wins over Arizona and Minnesota. Sounds about right.

Comment

An 5-4 team with close losses against The Pats and Indy over an 8-1 with close wins over Arizona and Minnesota. Sounds about right.
            Way to pick and choose your information. You also got your asses smoked by a 5-4 Jacksonville team, lost to the Browns, and have struggled to beat every team you've played. Meanwhile we've blown out 2/3 of our schedule, including two of the better teams in the league. We are so far beyond the Jets in terms of talent it's not funny. That's not to guarantee a victory, but please don't compare us to the Jets.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Originally posted by AlexDown
              An 5-4 team with close losses against The Pats and Indy over an 8-1 with close wins over Arizona and Minnesota. Sounds about right.
              Way to pick and choose your information. You also got your asses smoked by a 5-4 Jacksonville team, lost to the Browns, and have struggled to beat every team you've played. Meanwhile we've blown out 2/3 of our schedule, including two of the better teams in the league. We are so far beyond the Jets in terms of talent it's not funny. That's not to guarantee a victory, but please don't compare us to the Jets.
              Nothing wrong with losing to the Browns, they have been playing good football lately.

The bears have played 9 games this season and have beaten 2 teams with winning records, both which were handicapped with injury. So yes congradulations with blowing out Greenbay and Detriot. It's really hard to tell how good both teams are since we both have the 2 easiest schedules in the league.

Talent wise, I'm not sure where you thought I was "comparing" the two teams. I think our QB is better and our WR core is better. I'm just pretty eager to see how Grossman plays.

Comment

haha... that was pretty much the definition of owned.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  Nothing wrong with losing to the Browns, they have been playing good football lately.

The bears have played 9 games this season and have beaten 2 teams with winning records, both which were handicapped with injury. So yes congradulations with blowing out Greenbay and Detriot. It's really hard to tell how good both teams are since we both have the 2 easiest schedules in the league.

Talent wise, I'm not sure where you thought I was "comparing" the two teams. I think our QB is better and our WR core is better. I'm just pretty eager to see how Grossman plays.
                  Here's a way to tell:

We're 8-1, you're 5-4.

We have the 13th best offense in the league, you have the 25th.

We have the best defense in the league, you have the 31st.

And I got the idea that you were comparing by saying that you thought the Jets would win, thus making a comparison of the quality of the two teams. Unless you're saying that the Bears are a much better team than the Jets, but the Jets have a chance of pulling off an upset, in which case I agree.

Comment

Here's a way to tell:

We're 8-1, you're 5-4.

We have the 13th best offense in the league, you have the 25th.

We have the best defense in the league, you have the 31st.

And I got the idea that you were comparing by saying that you thought the Jets would win, thus making a comparison of the quality of the two teams. Unless you're saying that the Bears are a much better team than the Jets, but the Jets have a chance of pulling off an upset, in which case I agree.
                    You lost to Miami. We play Miami 2x a year. We have beat them once.
                    We play the Patriots and split with them. You play them once. If you played them 2x, I wonder what your record would be.
                    We played the 9-0 Colts. I think they are a better team then the Bears.

Can you guys beat these teams? Sure. In fact, you will play NE pretty soon. I woulden't be suprised if you had our schedule if you had 3 or 4 losses, depending on how Grossman is playing that day.

As far as ranking your offense and defense, those numbers are inflated beacuse of the teams you have played. It's not easy to blow teams out, but you haven't really played many good teams. As for us, we probably don't have the ability to blow out or shut out teams. Doesn't seem like there is an argument that the Jets can beat you, because they can. In fact, they are favored to last time I checked. Compare the "quality" of the teams if you want. Any team can win, regardless of talent.

Comment

• Please show me the line that has the Jets ahead of the Bears. If that's true that's ******* hilarious. Only in New York. The one on ESPN.com has the Bears as a 7 point favorite on the road.

As for the schedules...take a look at both of them so far this year and take out the games against the collective teams (ie:wins and losses to either Jets or Bears don't count), it's a very minimal difference.

Bears-32-40
                      Jets- 34-36 (the numbers are lower because you played the Pats twice)

Comment

• So let me get this straight how a 5-4 team is as good or better than an 8-1 team:

If the 5-4 team loses close games, while the 8-1 team wins close games;

If the 5-4 team loses to bad teams, while the 8-1 team blows out bad teams;

If the 5-4 team beats a bad team when the bad team has its collective head up its collective ass, while the 8-1 team has a bad game--turning the ball over 6 times--right when that bad team figures out how to play a good game;

If the 5-4 team beats a banged-up, WR-weak former Super Bowl champion once out of 2 close games, while the 8-1 team blows out a banged-up NFC champion (from the prior year) and soundly defeats a banged-up NFC favorite;

If the 5-4 team barely ekes out a win against (arguably) the worst team in the league, then beats Buffalo by 8, while the 8-1 team stomps on the bad teams, and beats Buffalo by 31...

...then I guess the 5-4 team is better than the 8-1 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by IBleedNavyandOrange
                          So let me get this straight how a 5-4 team is as good or better than an 8-1 team:

If the 5-4 team loses close games, while the 8-1 team wins close games;

If the 5-4 team loses to bad teams, while the 8-1 team blows out bad teams;

If the 5-4 team beats a bad team when the bad team has its collective head up its collective ass, while the 8-1 team has a bad game--turning the ball over 6 times--right when that bad team figures out how to play a good game;

If the 5-4 team beats a banged-up, WR-weak former Super Bowl champion once out of 2 close games, while the 8-1 team blows out a banged-up NFC champion (from the prior year) and soundly defeats a banged-up NFC favorite;

If the 5-4 team barely ekes out a win against (arguably) the worst team in the league, then beats Buffalo by 8, while the 8-1 team stomps on the bad teams, and beats Buffalo by 31...

...then I guess the 5-4 team is better than the 8-1 team.
                          Well Done.

Comment

• If the 5-4 team loses close games, while the 8-1 team wins close games
                            We lose close games against superior teams, Colts and Pats. You've sneaked out with wins against The Vikings and Arizona. You have beaten 2 teams with winning records.

If the 5-4 team loses to bad teams, while the 8-1 team blows out bad teams
                            I already said the Jets haven't showed the ability to blow teams out. We have 4 losses, against the Pats, Colts, Jags, and Browns. I guess you consider the Jags and the Browns to be terrible teams, but the Browns have been playing good football lately. Jax game we played terrible, no excuse for that.

If the 5-4 team beats a bad team when the bad team has its collective head up its collective ass, while the 8-1 team has a bad game--turning the ball over 6 times--right when that bad team figures out how to play a good game.
                            Apparently your offense did not get the memo about turning it around in against the Cardinals. They Jets played like the 4-12 team they were last year against the Jags, I'm not making excuses to that.

If the 5-4 team beats a banged-up, WR-weak former Super Bowl champion once out of 2 close games, while the 8-1 team blows out a banged-up NFC champion (from the prior year) and soundly defeats a banged-up NFC favorite
                            I love how your downplaying the Patriots like that. They will probably beat you. You beat two teams with injuries. They are part of the game and you beat Seattle convincingly. The other was the Giants an overhyped NFC East team who lost their #1 DE #2 DE #3 DE #1 OLB #2 OLB #3 OLB #1 CB #2 WR #1 LT.

Any team can beat any team. We barely beat Buffalo but you barely beat Arizona. We beat Miami and your game against them wasn't really close, which is a shame considering your schedule, because your team had an opportunity to do something special. But thats besides the point.

Comment

We ... You ... You

We ... you ... we

your ... you... You

We ... we ... your ... your
                              First, let's get one thing clear: neither you nor I play for either team. It's a pet peeve of mine when people do that we/you ****. When fans of the same team talk about the team it doesn't bother me as much, because the first-person plural can refer to "we" as fans or "we" as part of the big social machine that makes up an NFL team and its fan base. But when a person does the we/you ****, especially in another team's thread, it makes me want to ask, "when are YOU suiting up?"

I think the best part of your post was this part:

We lose
                              It's the most accurate for this Sunday, certainly.

To boil down your argument, you're saying that most of the Jets' losses have come against good teams. Fair enough. But it's just plain stupid to say that because the Bears have won against (and let's be clear--not just beaten, but dismantled) some weak teams means that they're inferior to the Jets.

Not that I enjoy citing Fox, ESPN, SI, CBS, or anyone else, but how come all the so-called "experts" have ranked the Bears among the top 5 teams in the league (since about week 2), while the Jets are still ranked in the middle of the pack, or, charitably, between #10 and #15? What blinding insight do you possess that we mere mortals lack? Insight that allows you to point out that the Giants--on a hot streak, playing at home, missing a WR but not missing anyone else from their high-powered offense--had some injuries on defense? Insight that allows you to point out that Seattle was missing the league MVP and their #1 TE? Yeah, I'm sure no one's made those arguments before. But to briefly refute your insights, it wasn't the Bears' offense that beat the Giants... it was the Bears' defense that beat the Giants. And if Shaun Alexander is worth 31 points, he's serioiusly underpaid.

Minnesota, a team that's always tough at home, was 2-0 and looking very good when the Bears beat them. So the Bears have looked shaky--un-dominant--against exactly two bottom-half teams. Against Arizona, admittedly, the Bears looked bad, and yet they found a way to win. I think Arizona would've beaten most of the teams in the league the way they played that night. And against Miami, the Bears looked bad... but no one can look at Miami in that game (and since) and say that they are as bad as they were early in the season.

But bottom line: you're casting aspersions on an 8-1 team that has blown the doors off of all its opponents except 3, and it's managed to win 2 of those 3 games.

I think the Jets have a lot of potential, and I'm not saying this is going to be an easy game for the Bears. But whatever crack you're smoking must be laced with stupid juice, because there's no way the Jets should be considered a better team than the Bears at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by IBleedNavyandOrange
                                First, let's get one thing clear: neither you nor I play for either team. It's a pet peeve of mine when people do that we/you ***********. When fans of the same team talk about the team it doesn't bother me as much, because the first-person plural can refer to "we" as fans or "we" as part of the big social machine that makes up an NFL team and its fan base. But when a person does the we/you ***********, especially in another team's thread, it makes me want to ask, "when are YOU suiting up?"

I think the best part of your post was this part
                                Ask me if I care if thats a pet peeve of yours. No really, I'm not kidding, go on and ask me. Sports fans commonly speak like that. People say, "We need to win this game this week" or similar quotes all the time. I'm not changing the way I talk because it annoys you. Grow up and lets stick to talking about the game. mmmmmkay?

Insight that allows you to point out that the Giants--on a hot streak, playing at home, missing a WR but not missing anyone else from their high-powered offense--had some injuries on defense? I.
                                Stop being ridiculous and downplaying the injuries they have had.

The Giants a who lost their #1 DE #2 DE #3 DE #1 OLB #2 OLB #3 OLB #1 CB #2 WR #1 LT.
                                I'm pretty sure I never said the Jets were better then the Bears at any point. I have shared my views on the Bears and made it clear that I think the Jets can beat them because I don't think they bears are as good as teams with similar records.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information