Revisiting the Redskins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisiting the Redskins

Not sure if this has been mentioned by someone, but in Lance Zierlein's blog today, it noted

Chicago and Washington - Briggs and 31 to Washington for C. Cooley and 6 is out there.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

If this has been noted, sorry. If this is true ... and Angelo passes on this ... I'd honestly be floored. I could understand passing on the previous deal ... but getting a solid TE and the 6th overall? THat's tough to say no to ... especially since 6 doesn't look like no man's land anymore.

If this has been noted, sorry. First I've heard of it.
    Last edited by toonsterwu; 04-26-2007, 06:06 PM.

IF Redskins lose Cooley and the 6th, ..... idk what I would do.

Bears would be getting a GREAT deal.

I hope this isn't true, as a Skins fan.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
      Not sure if this has been mentioned by someone, but in Lance Zierlein's blog today, it noted

Chicago and Washington - Briggs and 31 to Washington for C. Cooley and 6 is out there.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

If this has been noted, sorry. If this is true ... and Angelo passes on this ... I'd honestly be floored. I could understand passing on the previous deal ... but getting a solid TE and the 6th overall? THat's tough to say no to ... especially since 6 doesn't look like no man's land anymore.

If this has been noted, sorry. First I've heard of it.
      Also to note that the Redskins recently announced that they have agreed to terms with Lance Briggs so they seem to be getting ready for a draft day trade if things fall into place and Chicago agrees to their terms.
      http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/912

Im curious if this eases concerns and gives incentive to other teams interested in Briggs to engage in a draft day trade since they have a ball park figure of how much they would have to sign him for. Or is it more likely that they would have to agree to terms with Briggs before the draft in similar fashion to the Redskins?

Comment

Getting Cooley and the 6th pick would be great for the Bears!!!! I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't draft Okoye from L'Ville at DT. Tommie Harris is coming off a severe injury and Tank is in jail. He would fit in great with their scheme on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by chacha View Post
          Getting Cooley and the 6th pick would be great for the Bears!!!! I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't draft Okoye from L'Ville at DT. Tommie Harris is coming off a severe injury and Tank is in jail. He would fit in great with their scheme on defense.
          I'm skeptical on Okoye personally because he's so raw right now. I think we'd go Landry with that #6 pick personally.

Either that or we'd trade down.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

JA would have to be an idiot to turn this down, if it is indeed true. Chris Cooley would be the perfect target for Grossman, and would fill that TE void we have had for the next several seasons. And with the 6th pick, we could possibly trade down, and even if we can't get fair value for 6, I wouldn't mind just getting a mid 1st and an additional second round pick. For instance, lets say Quinn is there at no. 6, and the Jags want to trade up and get him, their 1st and 2nd round picks would be worth 1360. That is 240 points less then the 6th overall pick, but the 6th pick isn't really in demand, and for us, the 6th pick isnt a good spot to be picking. So, I would be in favor of such a trade.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              I'm skeptical on Okoye personally because he's so raw right now. I think we'd go Landry with that #6 pick personally.

Either that or we'd trade down.
              Landry would only play if there was an injury though (but then again, the odds of that happening are good)... And you don't want someone you are going to be paying a lot of money to and someone with that talent standing on the sidelines. I think trade down would be the ideal situation.

Also, this is the only news I have heard of Briggs & 31 for Cooley & 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                Landry would only play if there was an injury though (but then again, the odds of that happening are good)... And you don't want someone you are going to be paying a lot of money to and someone with that talent standing on the sidelines. I think trade down would be the ideal situation.

Also, this is the only news I have heard of Briggs & 31 for Cooley & 6.
                Yea that's what I think too. If we stay at #6, I do think Landry, Brown, or possibly Willis would be the pick there but if JA gets this deal done, we're trading down IMO, and I'm all for that.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

A guy I wouldn't mind would be Jamaal Anderson. I think Wale needs to be upgraded, and Anderson is a good fit for LE, as he is not only a great pass rusher, but also a good run defender. And if Jamaal and Mark Anderson both live up to their potential, could you imagine a DE due like them? Double A would be unstoppable.

Comment

If this trade does happen, its hard for me to see the Bears staying put at 6. I think the Bears would look to trade down to a team that wants Quinn or Peterson, such as Miami, Houston, or Buffalo. I think the Bears would then be looking at Levi Brown (if available), Leon Hall, Amobi Okoye, or Pat Willis, maybe even another trade down.

The One Man Fastbreak and Illini Legend Dee Brown

Comment

i could see them trading down to about the 10 - 15 range and take Robert Meachem or Dwayne Bowe. The cooley pickup would be great because he in my mind is very underated.
                      this is the year!

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears0530 View Post
                        i could see them trading down to about the 10 - 15 range and take Robert Meachem or Dwayne Bowe. The cooley pickup would be great because he in my mind is very underated.
                        If they trade down to that range we'll be looking at a guy like Willis, probably not a WR at that spot, especially not Bowe. Mecham is a reach there for me.

Comment

I think Willis would be a nice pick and Levi Brown would be excellent value if he falls to the 10-15 range to trade.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

i think willis is more of a middle linebacker than a outside linebacker in my mind.
                            this is the year!

Comment

willis can play anywhere, he's got the talent, just like urlacher could play any one of the positions, so could willis.

Wow, this trade would be amazing. I would love it, and i doubt the redskins would do it, but if this happens, i would go to chicago and hug J.A. myself. Cooley would be a great fit for us and the trade would just be perfect. We could then trade down and the best available WR/LB in the first round, Bowe, Meachem,Jarrett or Beason, Willis, Timmons, Pozluzny. I personally say take one of the top WR's, then take Ben Grubbs at 37 and in round 3, or the 2nd/3rd that we got for trading down take a LB, like Rufus Alexander or Justin Durant...maybe even Quincy Black.

And then with our other picks we could get a change of pace RB, another LB, maybe another OL, a DL and a CB. Amazing draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information