No announcement yet.

Draft Day Thread! Please Read!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, the argument about coming from good programs is puzzling to say the least. Stanford isn't Texas but it isn't Wayne State either. He was 1st team Pac-10 and played against top competition. The fact that he was the best player on a bad defense says more to me than being just another guy at Florida.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Doug Free and Allen Barbre come to mind. I wouldn't mind trading up for Free. As I think he'd be a steal in the 4th talent wise. I love Barbre's athleticism and I think he's got some upside. And yea Dallas Baker wouldn't be bad. I was thinking we might go after Rufus but we drafted Okwo so I think that's a bit of a longshot. We need our Okie player though, I wonder who it's going to be.

Kinda pissed that Marten was chosen but oh well. Also I read that Gonzo was JA's pick at #37, so when Indy picked him Angelo traded out. I know myself, HD, Smokey and VLS all hated getting Gonzo because we figured we needed a big physical reciever, but I guess the staff was looking for a playmaking slot reciever ala Gonzo or Smith, who knew...

I'll agree with 51 though, without Olsen it's an average first day on paper. But I won't hold judgement until I see them play. I love Bazuin though as I think he'll get some PT next year and push Wale and AB.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Was Jackson still on the board? For some reason I thought someone took him.
        Green Bay took him in the 2nd round.

Comment

Gonzo at #37 doesn't suprise me at all. My last prediction pre-draft was Grubbs at #31 and Gonzo at #37.

Comment

Originally posted by 85ers View Post
            Green Bay took him in the 2nd round.
            Yes we did, you want him????

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Yes we did, you want him????
              We liked him in the late 3rd, not so much late 2nd. Still better than Wolfe though.

Comment

i say this is a very bad draft.

Olsen- Help the offense blah blah blah. He cant block, and people seem to keep forgetting we are a run-first team. So what hes supposed to only play on for sure passing downs? a waste.

Bazuin- Since when did we need another DE? We had a solid rotation with our 3-4 guys and now we either have to get rid of one, or give another roster spot to a DE. Bad pick but good guy.

Wolfe-.......hes frickin 180 lbs and has as much pro potential as a homeless druggy. Worst pick by far.

Okwo- Who? I never heard of him and although that doesnt make him bad it just irritates me that we didnt grab a more highly thought of guy. Semi-Bad to possibly mediocre pick.

My grade- D- JA must have decided to take off his Jesus suit today and unfortuneatly we still have Lance Pansy Briggs on the team.
                Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Just becuase you don't know much about prosepcts doesn't mean it's anyone else's fault. Your comments speak for themselves.

Comment

oh wow... I completely missed Jackson getting drafted. I thought he was still there.

The Wolfe pick doesn't seem as bad anymore actually. But Pittman would have been much better.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      Just becuase you don't know much about prosepcts doesn't mean it's anyone else's fault. Your comments speak for themselves.
                      and who exactly didnt i know about? Olsen is known as a guy who is a bad blocker. Bazuin I like but we have no need for a 5th DE. Wolfe is tiny and really has no pro potential. Okwo is the only one you got me on. I dont know anything about him, but like i said in my first post, Im just a little irritated JA didnt go with a more highly touted prospect.
                      Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                      Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                        and who exactly didnt i know about? Olsen is known as a guy who is a bad blocker. Bazuin I like but we have no need for a 5th DE. Wolfe is tiny and really has no pro potential. Okwo is the only one you got me on. I dont know anything about him, but like i said in my first post, Im just a little irritated JA didnt go with a more highly touted prospect.
                        Touted by whom? What prospect? Are you taking into account system and how that fits?

Anyone can just take the top player on a list, look at Matt Millen.

Pro-bowl TE's in today's game aren't good blockers. They are faster and more fluid. Kellen Winslow isn't a great blocker, you wouldn't take him on this team? Get real. He's big, he's fast, he runs good routes and has tremendous hands.

Who is our 4th DE? Bazuin will play from day 1. It's obviously not the biggest need but he'll contribute, and I think the next shoe will probably fall sometime during training camp. We're only one injury away from having a huge need at pass rush.

To say that Wolfe has no pro potential is dumb. Really dumb. He's not a #1 starter, but as a 3rd down back, special teams guy, and as a catcher out of the backfield he's solid. I don't love the pick, but he's a good change of pace from Benson.

You're just going off of baseless ranking systems that don't take into account any specificity.
                        Last edited by bearsfan_51; 04-29-2007, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Let the picks sit. I remember this time last year being really angry about picking hester and D. Manning so high. It worked out well. So give it time, give it time.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                            Let the picks sit. I remember this time last year being really angry about picking hester and D. Manning so high. It worked out well. So give it time, give it time.
                            this is exactly how i feel... my gut feeling tells me that i should hate this draft, but I'll trust Jerry Angelo this time and see how it works out.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Olsen - surprised we went with a more pass oriented TE but in Lovie's press conference he said he thought Olsen was a good blocker and that for today's tight ends you look for someone who can stretch the field. If that's what Turner is looking for in his offense then we definitely addressed it perfectly. I am happy we got a playmaker in the passing game but am worried Olsen was mostly combine hype.

Bazuin - is said to be purely be a value pick. Too much talent to pass on him. Also Ive read somewhere that the Bears have been shopping Alex Brown. High motor guy who forces turnovers and makes plays in the backfield, can't complain. I was positve we were going to go Quincy Black here but Tampa picked him up a few picks later.

Wolfe - Ugh...at the very least this guy will be fun to watch. That is until he gets tackled and broken in half. Kids got heart though. Plays tough for his size.

Okwo- typical tampa 2 linebacker. Could be a liability in the run game.

Haven't seen anything yet that shows Lovie is serious about shoring up our run D considering Boone and Scott(likely) are leaving. Could be worse if Briggs holds out.

Comment

I will say I do like that Offensive Guard we drafted. LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information