X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't like it right now but i don't doubt i will like it next january

Comment

Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
      I will say I do like that Offensive Guard we drafted. LOL!!!
      Value wasn't there. I'll be surprise if we don't go oline in the fourth.

sig by VLS
      Originally posted by Smokey Joe
      I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
        The value was there at the 37th pick if they kept it. Justin Blalock was still available. If Angelo really wanted too he could have kept the 37th pick and take Blalock and no one would have faulted him because Blalock in the second would have been good value.

Comment

Originally posted by evershot View Post
          The value was there at the 37th pick if they kept it. Justin Blalock was still available. If Angelo really wanted too he could have kept the 37th pick and take Blalock and no one would have faulted him because Blalock in the second would have been good value.
          The San Deigo trade was too good to pass up.

sig by VLS
          Originally posted by Smokey Joe
          I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by evershot View Post
            JA didn't want Blalock, he wanted Gonzo. Which is why he traded down. Obviously he didn't feel too good about Sears or Blalock, because if he did he would have stayed.

I thought our first day was very, very solid. And like 51 said, you can't just draft names. JA drafts guys who fit our system, and he did it again today.

And yes, we owned SD in that trade. And this gives us the ability to move up in the 4th if JA has someone he's targeting.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

i actually like the Wolfe pick a lot, with the proper coaching he could be great. Also the bears have one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the league so i look for him to get much bigger.
              this is the year!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                Oh yeah, I so called that JA wouldn't draft OL.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

I really don't see the need in trying to draft a "steal" OL second day anyway. Next year's class is going to have a lot of good limemen prospects. I really think Angelo will wait until next year to address the offensive line.

I am hoping for either John Wendling, Fred Bennett, or David Irons in the 4th. In the 5th, I think JA will go with Baker from Florida, and then maybe OL or CB or S depending on what we did in the 4th.

Both 7th round picks, I kinda don't care. JA usually doesn't go BPA in the 7th, but picks good developmental guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                    I really don't see the need in trying to draft a "steal" OL second day anyway. Next year's class is going to have a lot of good limemen prospects. I really think Angelo will wait until next year to address the offensive line.

I am hoping for either John Wendling, Fred Bennett, or David Irons in the 4th. In the 5th, I think JA will go with Baker from Florida, and then maybe OL or CB or S depending on what we did in the 4th.

Both 7th round picks, I kinda don't care. JA usually doesn't go BPA in the 7th, but picks good developmental guys.
                    How about Smardzija in the 7th round? Yea I know he's with the Cubs but if that falls through, we have a 1st Round caliber WR in our hands. Hell it's worth a shot isn't it...

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

how about drafting Allen Barbre or Doug Free in the 4th?
                      this is the year!

Comment

I don't care. Any 7th rounder we pick isn't going to make the team anyway. If we did draft Shark, if baseball doesn't work in lets say 3 years, he returns to the NFL, would we still own his rights?

Comment

There is still some talent at the offensive line to be had. The Bears said that nearing the 31st pick they were expecting to get Olsen, Staley, or Grubbs, and that they would have stayed and taken one of those players in that order, so it's not like o-line wasn't a question. They were also considering Blaylock at 31, but wanted to pick up an extra third so that they could get Wolfe and Okwo who they both were targeting in the late 3rd (or at least more likely a runningback and a linebacker).

I like this draft, and don't see why everyone is so upset. Every pick makes sense for our scheme and for what we need. Bazuin is the only pick that doesn't fill an immediate need, but I think someone could get shifted to DT or that Alex Brown may actually be shipped out.

We're not picking with picks in the top of the round, so to expect to get elite prospects outside of round 1 is unrealistic.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Touted by whom? What prospect? Are you taking into account system and how that fits?

Anyone can just take the top player on a list, look at Matt Millen.

Pro-bowl TE's in today's game aren't good blockers. They are faster and more fluid. Kellen Winslow isn't a great blocker, you wouldn't take him on this team? Get real. He's big, he's fast, he runs good routes and has tremendous hands.

Who is our 4th DE? Bazuin will play from day 1. It's obviously not the biggest need but he'll contribute, and I think the next shoe will probably fall sometime during training camp. We're only one injury away from having a huge need at pass rush.

To say that Wolfe has no pro potential is dumb. Really dumb. He's not a #1 starter, but as a 3rd down back, special teams guy, and as a catcher out of the backfield he's solid. I don't love the pick, but he's a good change of pace from Benson.

You're just going off of baseless ranking systems that don't take into account any specificity.

i apologize for not commenting back earlier i had to get ready for work. As to the highly touted remark, yes i was taking into account how he fits in the system the guy i had in mind was Rufus Alexander a guy who is said to be a perfect fit for the cover 2. Hes also from a program JA seems to like.

Your right pro-bowl tes arent the best blockers but most are solid. Gonzalez isnt terrible, Shockey gives good effort, the only one i can think of who would probably be bad is Antonio Gates. Tho ill admit i havent heard anything about his blocking. This guy is terrible. And we are not a pass first team, so im just disappointed in JA for doing what the media thought best instead of waiting and taking a guy who is more balanced and can help in other ways.

Our 4th DE is Israel Idonije. Hes not great but hes not terrible. Will Bazuin be an upgrade? yes. But now is Idonije strictly a DT? We now have a roster spot filled with a player who was not even a really big want, although a good value.

I think Wolfe will get killed by linebackers in this league. Hes rail thin and is not going to be able to pass block rush backers. Plus if Benson does go down we have to change the identity of our team because neither of our backup runningbacks are similar to our starter.

BF51 don't insult my intelligence, i read just as much as you do and I make my own conclusions. I wouldn't be on this site if I just went on "baseless ranking systems." So don't be so presumptuos.
                            Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                            Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Lots of good possibilities for the next pick. A couple of good lineman went off the board (seeing Dallas take Free was unfortunate) but Beekman is still on the board if that's a player that interests them.

I would love Aundrae Allison. I can't believe so many teams are shying away from him just because of the small-school rep. Dude can fly. David Clowney is still around too.

John Wedling, Josh Gattis, or Kenny Scott would all be real nice value in the secondary as well.

Hell I'd take a late-round flyer on Troy Smith at this point too. He's already much better than Kyle Orton in my mind.

Comment

I think the reason why Rufus is falling is the 4.81.

He was presumed to be a good fit for the cover 2, but with that speed it just wouldn't work. Tim Shaw or Earl Everett would have been an ok picks, but honestly Okwo was the best linebacker at the time. Read up on him, I think you'll be pleased.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information