No announcement yet.

Draft Day Thread! Please Read!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McBride CB? I want BAKER OR MCKNIGHT in the 7th!

Originally posted by BeansDooma
    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

McBride is a good 7th round pick. Not much to physically entice but he's a smart, hard worker, that has experience. He could make the team if a few people get hurt.

I'm suprised we didn't take a single wide reciever. Looks like if we keep 5 recievers it's going to be Mike Hass or Brandon Rideneau

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Well I think we're done with the secondary, don't ya think haha. I think it'll either be DT, OL, or WR for our last pick. I wouldn't mind seeing McKnight here but I actually would take Samardzija. Hell it's worth a shot. If the Cubs thing doesn't work out, he's still a stud WR prospect and he'd stay in the same city.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

McBride, eh. 7th round, what will ya do?

I really want Siler. Pick him up with our final pick if he is there. He might have that ACL concern, but it's not like he is gonna get paid much, and he could turn into a major steal.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Sucks that Siler went a pick before us, oh well....got a developmental OT project in Brant. Anyone have any info on this guy?

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

how dissapointing...OL. JA needs to get a good UDFA at WR, maybe hopefully McKnight

Comment

He's 6'7''....that's gotta count for something.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

BIOGRAPHY: Four-year starter who saw action at tackle and guard. All-Conference selection the past two years.

POSITIVES: King-sized blocker who is best in a small area. Intelligent lineman who also shows a nasty streak and gets after blocks. Fights with his hands throughout the action, jolts opponents at the point of attack and keeps his feet moving.

NEGATIVES: Lacks flexibility and struggles to finish blocks. Lumbers about the field and lacks lateral blocking range.

ANALYSIS: A wide-bodied blocker who controls opponents once he gets his hands on them, Brant lacks the great upside but his enticing measurables will get him a long look in camp this summer.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent
                  -ESPN/Scout

Offensively the top senior is Aaron Brant, a huge offensive right tackle. Possessing size, strength and a nasty attitude, Brant easily controls opponents at the point of attack or engulfs defenders altogether. His size coupled with production the past three seasons will get Brant late round consideration.
                  Scout

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                    Well I think we're done with the secondary, don't ya think haha. I think it'll either be DT, OL, or WR for our last pick. I wouldn't mind seeing McKnight here but I actually would take Samardzija. Hell it's worth a shot. If the Cubs thing doesn't work out, he's still a stud WR prospect and he'd stay in the same city.
                    if you draft a player then you only hold his rights for one year. It's not forever like you seem to think.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• The Brant pick is interesting, you can't coach 6'7" 320, but if he can refine his skills he'll have a chance at making the roster.

sig by VLS
                      Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                      I don't care...

Comment

• I would give this draft a B grade.

Olsen will give us another option to take pressure away from Rex. Everything else seems to be depth, with the exception of Beekman, who was just great value at a need spot. There were several times our DL did not get pressure on the opposing QB to explain Bazuin, special teams was replenished, and we have developmental/speculative guys at OT, RB, CB, and LB. It seems JA went with system guys over polished/value guys, but we are fortunate to be able to take that risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                          if you draft a player then you only hold his rights for one year. It's not forever like you seem to think.
                          :(

Why'd you have to do that to me VLS? I was on a roll with that one and you shot it down.

Interesting 7th round pick in Brant. Maybe with some work he could develop into something. I like the fact that he's nasty and has a mean streak, that's pretty sweet right there!

And also, there was a reason why McKnight wasn't selected in this draft, so maybe they know something we don't. Hell, sign him as an undrafted F/A and see what he can do.

Comment

• If we had taken Dallas Baker with #221, I would vote for B+

Comment

• Originally posted by Bears_Fan View Post
                              If we had taken Dallas Baker with #221, I would vote for B+
                              I concur. I give this a B like said, and I am warming up to this Okwo guy, read his bio on the chicago bears website and you will see why. Bauzin, meh, but there was no real value picks there but I think Black could have been chosen there, and then maybe Pitcock from OSU the next round. Baker not getting picked really dissapoints me though

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                                Sucks that Siler went a pick before us, oh well....got a developmental OT project in Brant. Anyone have any info on this guy?
                                I know. If he can get back to 100% and get rid of all those injury concerns, the Chargers got one hell of a steal.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information