X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. Brown to be shopped

Bears | A. Brown to be shopped
    Sun, 29 Apr 2007 15:20:04 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears will likely look to trade DE Alex Brown, after drafting DE Dan Bazuin in their second-round pick.

Yeah but read the article, there's really no substance to it. He's purely spectulating. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I believe Angelo even said something to the degree of "we'll keep all of our options open", but I don't think it's a likelyhood to happen.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I just really hope we don't turn into the 2006 Colts run defense.

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
        I just really hope we don't turn into the 2006 Colts run defense.
        It was clear that our defense wasn't fast enough. Look at the Superbowl, we were so goddamn scared to get beat by anyone that we had to play 25 yards off the ball. We got NO pass rush, and just look fatigued at the end.

It's obvious that the picks on defense were in direct correlation to the dip we took on defense at the end of the year. If we lose some size to gain some speed, so be it.

Comment

For what though? Future draft picks?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

After work (at the Staples in Rock Springs, Wyo.) I told our Sales Manager that maybe the Bears' line of thought behind drafting Dan Bazuin was that the DE depth chart could look something like the following:

LE: Ogunleye, Bazuin
            RE: Brown, Anderson

Just a thought. If he does get traded, though, I would ask for a bare minimum of 2 2nd rounders

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

That's insane. I'm not sure Brown is worth even one 2nd rounder.

Comment

is brown a good fit in the cover 2? i know thats what you guys run so i was wondering if hes a good fit, or is he just lazy and doesn't play hard every play like what the lions have in kalimba edwards

Comment

I would be shocked if we could get more than a 4th rounder for Briggs honestly... if we trade him now maybe we could get a 3rd.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by jbombul View Post
                    is brown a good fit in the cover 2? i know thats what you guys run so i was wondering if hes a good fit, or is he just lazy and doesn't play hard every play like what the lions have in kalimba edwards
                    I have a VERY hard time thinking we'd trade him to the Lions.

But yeah he is, although his sack production could be better, Kalimba isn't really a good comparison.

Comment

We'll probably trade him for a DT since we didnt get one in the draft.

In a perfect Bears world: Trade him and San Diego's next years third for Alan Branch or some other really talented DT.
                      Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                      Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        I have a VERY hard time thinking we'd trade him to the Lions.

But yeah he is, although his sack production could be better, Kalimba isn't really a good comparison.
                        I wouldnt say hes lazy, I think he consistently works hard and gives really good effort. I dunno where i could find this stat but I always see him just barely being pushed behind the qb making him step up in the pocket (qb pressures?)
                        Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                        Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                          We'll probably trade him for a DT since we didnt get one in the draft.

In a perfect Bears world: Trade him and San Diego's next years third for Alan Branch or some other really talented DT.
                          we definitely wouldn't trade him for a rookie...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Scott hasn't signed yet has he? I remember them saying depending on the draft they might give him a more serious offer. Since we didn't take a DB I wouldn't be surprised to see us try and sign him again.

sig by VLS
                            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                            I don't care...

Comment

Yeah I think there's an increasing likelyhood that Scott is resigned. The Chiefs and Broncos both loaded up on defensive linemen so it's really down to us, Atlanta, or Minnesota from as far as I can tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information