Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bears/Packers Trash Talk Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bearfan View Post
    I am serious, besides the fumbling problems he was pretty good. He did get the job done didnt he? And he did produce.
    You have just lost all respectablity. Morency is a much better running back, he is better in every single catagory. This is coming from someone who really wants Gado to succeed. He was a great story, and a servicible UDFA running back. Morency is a GOOD backup.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

    Comment


    • Originally posted by someone447 View Post
      You have just lost all respectablity. Morency is a much better running back, he is better in every single catagory. This is coming from someone who really wants Gado to succeed. He was a great story, and a servicible UDFA running back. Morency is a GOOD backup.
      I never said that Morencey was a bad or worse RB. I really have never seen him play either, I was just saying that I liked Gado, and I thought he could have done well on the packers. I could care less about the story, I just really liked him as a RB.

      Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by someone447 View Post
        You have just lost all respectablity. Morency is a much better running back, he is better in every single catagory. This is coming from someone who really wants Gado to succeed. He was a great story, and a servicible UDFA running back. Morency is a GOOD backup.
        That's right, he's a GOOD backup. You have no #1 RB right now on your roster.


        Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

        Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
          That's right, he's a GOOD backup. You have no #1 RB right now on your roster.
          What's Cedric Benson so far? Back up..? Don't forget you lost your #1 RB as well.

          And as for my Packers will easily win the division comment, you guys don't remember llode do you?

          What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

          2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            What's Cedric Benson so far? Back up..? Don't forget you lost your #1 RB as well.

            And as for my Packers will easily win the division comment, you guys don't remember llode do you?
            In the Bears defense Benson was the 4th overall pick so he has a longer and more proven track record than Morency but both have their question marks


            Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              What's Cedric Benson so far? Back up..? Don't forget you lost your #1 RB as well.

              And as for my Packers will easily win the division comment, you guys don't remember llode do you?
              Please don't compare Cedric Benson to Vernand Morency. Cedric actually outperformed TJ at the end of the regular season and most of us were calling for Benson to start and move TJ to the #2.


              Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

              Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                In the Bears defense Benson was the 4th overall pick so he has a longer and more proven track record than Morency but both have their question marks
                Well Obviously, but he still hasn't proved anything spectacular yet either. Just b/c someone is drafted higher doesn't guarantee success. Does he look more sexy on paper? Of course. Is he the better back? Probably. However, it's not like the Bears have LT in their backfield, they have some question marks too with their leading rusher leaving.

                What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

                2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                  Well Obviously, but he still hasn't proved anything spectacular yet either. Just b/c someone is drafted higher doesn't guarantee success. Does he look more sexy on paper? Of course. Is he the better back? Probably. However, it's not like the Bears have LT in their backfield, they have some question marks too with their leading rusher leaving.
                  Cedric is actually a much better fit for our running game than what TJ is. Ced is a downhill power runner that punishes defenses. TJ was more of a finesse back and dance around and tried to find holes.

                  If Ced can stay healthy, I think he can easily attain 1500 yards this season. Now that he's the man and now that he'll have the bulk of the carries, he'll get a better feel for every game instead of having spot carries all the time.


                  Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                  Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                    Cedric is actually a much better fit for our running game than what TJ is. Ced is a downhill power runner that punishes defenses. TJ was more of a finesse back and dance around and tried to find holes.

                    If Ced can stay healthy, I think he can easily attain 1500 yards this season. Now that he's the man and now that he'll have the bulk of the carries, he'll get a better feel for every game instead of having spot carries all the time.
                    If he's such a better fit why the hell was Thomas Jones the Bears best offensive player? Why didn't the coaching staff put in Cedric if he was a better fit? Did ol' Lovie just say, " screw it, we got someone better on the bench, but think i'll stick with Thomas" ? Sorry, I don't buy that one bit. Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems to make no sense whatsoever to me.

                    What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

                    2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                      That's right, he's a GOOD backup. You have no #1 RB right now on your roster.
                      Which is why I gave the running back edge to chicago... That was ONLY in response to saying we shouldn't have traded Gado. We got Morency for him, and Morency is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than Gado.
                      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                      Hunter S. Thompson

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                        If he's such a better fit why the hell was Thomas Jones the Bears best offensive player? Why didn't the coaching staff put in Cedric if he was a better fit? Did ol' Lovie just say, " screw it, we got someone better on the bench, but think i'll stick with Thomas" ? Sorry, I don't buy that one bit. Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems to make no sense whatsoever to me.
                        Cedric had the starting job before he was injured in training camp. Then one TJ started to get going he basically sealed up the job and Ced really didn't healthy until the start of the season. Cedric outperformed TJ multiple times this season in limited action, but Lovie wanted to stay with TJ. For his abilities and running style, Cedric is a better fit than what TJ is. Thomas danced around too much for my liking even though he had a very good season. Cedric hits the line very fast and doesn't waste time in the backfield. And since our OL is one of the best run blocking units in the league, Cedric will thrive if he can stay healthy.

                        You can't really replace a guy who is rushing for 1300 yards TT, even if Cedric is the better fit. Jones produced this season, and I don't fault Lovie for sticking with him. But as far as running ability goes, Cedric is a better fit than TJ for this offense because he is a downhill power runner that wears defenses down over the course of a game.


                        Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                        Comment


                        • and then open up the game for wolfe and peterson in the fourth quarter.

                          pow pow pow!
                          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

                          United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 (In reviews thread)
                            Well they drafted Tony Mandarich ahead of Barry Sanders, so I'd say that one probably speaks for itself.
                            That's the Packers for you. Draft some lame, do-nothing offensive (emphasis on "fen" instead of "of") lineman instead of a Hall-of-Fame running back. :p

                            NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

                            Or @ least they had better be.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DaBears9654 View Post
                              That's the Packers for you. Draft some lame, do-nothing offensive (emphasis on "fen" instead of "of") lineman instead of a Hall-of-Fame running back. :p
                              You forgot roid headed in between lame and do-nothing.


                              Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DaBears9654 View Post
                                That's the Packers for you. Draft some lame, do-nothing offensive (emphasis on "fen" instead of "of") lineman instead of a Hall-of-Fame running back. :p
                                Here are the first rounders from 1993 to 2003(10 years, too early to judge ones past that).

                                1993 Bears pick: Curtis Conway - notable players in the next 5 picks: Jerome Bettis and Willie Roaf

                                1994 Bears pick: John Thierry - in the next 5: Aaron Glenn and Joe Johnson

                                1995 Bears Pick: Rashaan Salaam - next five: Ty Law

                                1996 Bears Pick: Walt Harris - next 5: Eddie George, Eddie Kennison, Marvin Harrison

                                1997-No first rounder

                                1998 Bears Pick: Curtis Enis - next 5: Grant Wistrom, Fred Taylor, Greg Ellis

                                1999 Bears pick: Cade McNown - next 5: John Tait, Anthony McFarland, Jevon Kearse

                                2000 Bears pick: Brian Urlacher - Finally you get one right.

                                2001 Bears pick: David Terrell - uh oh back again - Next 5: Marcus Stroud

                                2002 Bears Pick: Marc Colombo - next 5: Kendall Simmons

                                2003 Bears Pick: Michael Haynes - next 5: Troy Polamalu, Bryant Johnson

                                2003 Bears 2nd first round pick: Rex Grossman - next 5: Dallas Clark, Larry Johnson

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information