Odell Denied Reinstatement!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odell Denied Reinstatement!

Apparently he's not only been denied but has had another year added to his suspension, check the Bengals front page.

This is SERIOUS BS! My god, how can ANYONE convince me what he did off field was in any way worse than what Henry did and he is set to recieve over a year more in suspension than Henry.

Goodell went WAY overboard on this one... The man served his year and from all accounts seemed reformed and he just punishes him even further to "make a point" even though the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

To me that bull. Goodell is taking everything too far, I want the old NFL back where players could leave their feet for celebrations and such.

Comment

Haha OK that says it all a Steeler fan is backing me up, I completely don't feel like a homer. Seriously though, Henry was WAAAAAAAY worse off field and got less yet Goodell suspends Odell 2 freaking years. AHHH this annoys me.

Comment

What puzzels me about this is Odell could have actually been a good story for the NFl if he came back and played well he could actually be a good image for the NFL.
        we will be back in 15 years.

Comment

I would really like to hope they NFLPA will step in but I don't see anything happening.

Comment

that is terrible. i have heard he has been doing really well in his program and to take this young man out of football for another year could be disastrous not only for his FB career, but for his life.

^A Bonekrusher production^
            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I think Odell should sue the NFL. I'm serious. Unless he's been in a bunch of stuff we don't know about and wasn't charged with, there is no justification for this. Maybe the story about the party actually occurred and the parties were paid off not to prosecute, that is the only thing I can think that would cause this. Pacman better get a life sentence if Odell's sentence sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by rickscott View Post
                I think Odell should sue the NFL. I'm serious. Unless he's been in a bunch of stuff we don't know about and wasn't charged with, there is no justification for this. Maybe the story about the party actually occurred and the parties were paid off not to prosecute, that is the only thing I can think that would cause this. Pacman better get a life sentence if Odell's sentence sticks.
                PFT reported that there was no payoff and that's Steelerville, they bash the Bengals with every chance they get. That case in anyones sane mind should be mute at this point given what's become of it.

Pacman and Henry have done 10X the things Odell has and Odell gets 2 freaking years, there's no way to describe how wrong this is.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                  PFT reported that there was no payoff and that's Steelerville, they bash the Bengals with every chance they get. That case in anyones sane mind should be mute at this point given what's become of it.

Pacman and Henry have done 10X the things Odell has and Odell gets 2 freaking years, there's no way to describe how wrong this is.
                  Keep in mind that Odell lost the first year under the substance abuse policy and Henry and Pacman are under the 'conduct' policy. Apples and oranges. No one knows what the EXACT stipulations were that he (Odell) had to comply with in order to be granted reinstatement. I think it is obvious that he did not satisfy all the requirements regardless of what was said in public. Goodell is not an idiot - I am sure he would love to have a post suspension poster boy to show that the program works.

The only thing that seems odd to me is that Odell filed his reinstatement papers a month before the deadline. That would seem to indicate he was under the impression he met all the conditions.

There also is no doubt that Odell and his lawyer were told WHY he is not being reinstated - the appeal would address that I suppose.

Comment

Goodell is being a bully. That's it. He is being mean and a bully. Odell skipped a test. Ok, he was suspended four (4) games. DUI then out the season. Supposedly got in some other incident but no other charges were made. With the stuff Thurman has done to get back, ie rehab, he should be reinstated. I loved what Goodell had done up until he un-rightfuly suspends a man for basically no reason. It is BS.

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by J24 View Post
                      What puzzels me about this is Odell could have actually been a good story for the NFl if he came back and played well he could actually be a good image for the NFL.
                      Yeah he could have been. But Goodell is on his period or something this week.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

well if nothing else we get him and david pollack(hopefully if hes cleared) back next year. can you say domination?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

lol well one guy who hasn't played in 2 years and another who is coming off an extremely serious injury... I'm not getting my hopes up haha.

You know I think their contracts might be up in '09 so really we could only get 2 years out of them, probably Odells rookie year will be the only good one they had. Just how it goes I suppose.

This still pisses me off extremely bad, I'm fine with Henry's suspension but there's no justification for this.

Comment

im just trying to remain positive about the whole thing. i think Odell will end up being back this season anyway. And i was the last person to believe david was coming back and refused to believe it until i heard it from him face to face and i did.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

What did he do again?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information