No announcement yet.

ray maualuga

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to think that if Dorsey (unlikely) or Ellis are on the board, that might be option 1. The need for an interior pass rush would really boost the front line for you guys, and the LB depth is good enough to find someone in the 2nd/3rd.

Let's say Ellis/Dorsey are off. After DT, I'd look towards DE next. But ... the problem is that the value there is likely to be iffy. If Gholston or Long are on the board, that'd be great. But Campbell seems an iffy bet to be of value that high, and same goes for Phillip Merling. Harvey seems a reach as well.

If the top DT/DE values are off, then I'd look LB next. Laurinaitis would be an excellent addition. I might be the only one to think this, but I do wonder if Laurinaitis wouldn't be better off at WLB at the next level. He can also play SLB (and obviously MLB). If Ahmad is healthy and they add JL, the LB's look much better. The USC backers are fine additions, with Rivers being a WLB and Maualuga as a MLB/SLB type. That said, I tend to think both are slight reaches.

On the off chance that Dorsey/Ellis/Laurinaitis/Long/Gholston are all off the board (not impossible, although most scenarios I run through, one of them is available), my guess is that the next list of names would be guys like Balmer (I'm really not a big fan, but he is moving up and some believe he could be a top UT pressure guy), Rivers, Maualuga, Merling, Campbell.

Comment

Character Needed

The draft is huge for the Bengals. They need to let Justin Smith/and WIllie go too much dough for them. They also need character guys and leaders even if that means drafting people higher than talent says. Their entire draft should be DEFENSIVE FRONT SEVEN GUYS!!
      The other thing I think Marvin should do is hire Rex Ryan Baltimore' D-coordinator and Fire Chuck. The D needs a overhaul and Ryan will get these guys going

Comment

You think JSmith and Willie will be too much but not Rex Ryan who is the front runner for the Baltimore HEAD COACHING job? We will have to throw a lot of money at him to sway him here

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

$$$$

Those guys are $$ against the cap. Willie has been good for the franchise but we can't count on him and Andrews looks like a stud. Smith is all fart and no sh** he does not deserve the money.
          Coaching pay does not count against us. Sometimes messages grow stale and enthusiasm and nrg need to be re-introduced. We need change whether its a GM, new coordinators, new HC, or new players because it is not working and we are wasting Carson's talent away. We can't sit here every off-season and say wow we have great young talent maybe next year. This ship needs to be righted now because it's sinking quicker than we think.

Comment

We kinda dont have a GM. Thats Mike Brown, the owner. I doubt he will give up more power for that reason. Hell I doubt he really lets Marvin have say in much off field stuff. It may not count against the cap, but there is a limit with how much we can pay a coach.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

Letting some of these guys go is of utmost importance. Thornton, Robinson, and J.Smith should all be gone next season. Draft 2 DTs and find a quality vet DT in FA.

Comment

We should get a 3rd for Steinbach... That means we can go DE/DT/LB in 3 of those 4 picks or trade up in the 2nd if the right guy is there. We don't just need players, we need quality players.

Comment

I think trading up 3 spots for James Laurenitis is the best possible senario. The Patriots will probably want him, so we'd have to leapfrog them for it.
                  who knows though. I hear Rey might not come out.
                  CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                  JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

No chance we'd trade up in that situation, that'd cost entirely too much and there'll still be a solid defender available for us. I could see a trade up in the 2nd this year if the right guy is there with our comp pick for Steinbach.

Comment

Yeah I dont see us trading up at all.
                      Maybe rounds 2 or 3 but not 1.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information