Who should be the new D Cooridinator?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be the new D Cooridinator?

My choice is Ron Rivera or Mike Singletary if possible. I think those two guys would be best bet.

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Singletary in a heartbeat but I doubt he'd take it.

No to Rivera because of his Cover 2 setup, nothing we're set up to do or should do... I don't think he's that great anyway.

If Rex Ryan doesn't take a HC job somewhere he is a MUST. Don't care what the cost, our players have seen his defenses and I love the different setups he uses.

Other than that I really don't have anyone I favor, it'll be more of a wait and see then learn about them after hired unless some more are rumored.

Comment

I doubt Mike Singletary is starting the next season not as a HC

Comment

I think Singeltary is an assistant HC? Therefore, he can only move to the HC job.

Comment

Im just assuming Ryan is gonna be tied up as a HC either in Baltimore or elsewhere. But yeah if he isnt, we need to pursue him like no other. I will write letters to the man if I have to

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

yeah but he is also in SF. No offense because I am a fan of theirs. Maybe not a fan but respect them because we cant beat them in a super bowl. But they are a long ways out and the Bengals are on the brink of playoffs

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

From the Bengals.com article they list the following as potential:

Rex Ryan
              Donnie Henderson
              Tim Lewis
              Kevin Coyle (secondary coach)

I would much rather hire from outside, I think it's best to promote from within when you're coming off of success... Eases the transition but we need new blood.

Lewis has had success, don't know much about Henderson. Please, please, please make Rex Ryan not get a HC job and come here.

Comment

I would be highly upset if Coyle gets promoted. I think he is doing a fine job with our young DBs. Lets leave it at that. Everyone pray Rex Ryan.

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

Donnie Henderson was solid with the Jets the one season he was with us. Really was able to fire up our guy and if I'm correct did a great job adjusting at the half. I was very disappointed when we didn't retain him after bringing in Mangini as the head coach but while he was with us (before we hired Mangini so 2 years ago I guess) he was great as a DC in his one year. Very aggressive which I think would work wonders for you guys with your strong young secondary. Speaking of the secondary, does it look like White and Ndukwe will be starting next year?

Comment

Ndukwe will most likely start. White is a toss up. Didnt see as much of him as i hoped

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

Very interesting on Henderson, sounds good to me.

You'd have to think Chinny will get the start, coaches have been ravving about him since mini camp and he did well out there this year.

I'm still not sure if we'll even keep Madieu. White didn't look bad out there which is great for a rookie.

Comment

chinny and white could be a fantastic duo.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Tim Lewis will make your defense suck even worse.

And yes, its possible.

Comment

The '06 MNF game vs. the Colts is easily the worst defensive scheme ever devised in the history of football... It cannot be topped.

Too bad for Breshnahan he started to get aggressive towards the very end, that's what we needed. Now that we've got the corners we can afford to send that extra guy.

Comment

I actually think Ryan is a real longshot and Henderson seems to have been brought in more as an adviser so I bet it does end up being Lewis. If that happens, does that mean a 3-4 is likely? I think we would be set at LBer if Thurman comes back. Not that we couldn't always use improvement but Jeanty, Henderson, Brooks and Geathers all provide real good size in the area of 250-260 range and if we can plug Thurman in there we'd be looking pretty good for awhile. Now where is that 330 lb NT?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information