Chad Johnson needs to GO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
    That's why we trade him, take the cap hit and get a 1st rounder.

I'm so done with Chad. Any player who blasts their team needs to be gone, no questions asked. That's how you right the ship, no point in keeping someone if they aren't on board regardless of their talent (he's not out best WR anyway).
    He is our best reciever as of now.

Untill Henry refines his game.

Sig by yours truly.

Comment

Originally posted by Aftermath View Post
      He is our best reciever as of now.

Untill Henry refines his game.
      Who makes more big catches, Chad or TJ?

Those 250 yard games where we win by 20 are great but TJ's making the catches with the game on the line.

Comment

Who makes more big catches, Chad or TJ?

Those 250 yard games where we win by 20 are great but TJ's making the catches with the game on the line.
        It is because CJ draws the opposing teams #1 CB that TJ makes so many catches. TJ is good, I like him, but without CJ he wouldnt put up the same numbers. Henry isnt consistent enough to be counted on every week. And I could be wrong here but wasnt it people within the Bengals orginization that first started questioning wether CJ had desire to help the team win or just wanted to be a show boating WR? (i'm a 49ers fan, so I could be wrong on that assumption) Anyways people on the 9ers forum were discussing getting him. There were some who believed that CJ would be nothing without Carson, Rudi and TJ. Which clearly isnt true. He was putting up numbers before they came in to the picture. I believe that they are better players from having CJ around. I would like to have him. I can understand your frustration though. This is just a point of view from someone who is not a die hard Bengals fan.

Comment

Don't fool yourself, TJ isn't 1 on 1. He's the guy getting decked over the middle in tight coverage that pulls in the catch.

CJ can do the sideline routes like it's his job, him and Palmer have that timing down perfect. He's not nearly as consistant as TJ is. TJ doesn't make the mental mistakes Chad does either. We can replace Chad, it'd be very hard to replace TJ.

Comment

according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen Chad is reportedly saying he will refuse to play this season if he is not traded.

^A Bonekrusher production^
            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
              shaun rodgers. idk if it would work, and im not making up any trade offers because i have no idea of the value of Chad and whos on the block. I just do not want him in black and orange next year.
              1. That'd be terrible value for you.

2. The Lions need a lot of things, but WR is definitely not one of them

Comment

Soon I will be the Artist formerly known as PalmerToCJ.

I gotta get it changed to PalmerToTJ lol.

Comment

Jumping the gun a little, eh? If he won't play then he needs to be traded but if Lewis has refused to talk to him for months then the Bengals turned their back on him and not the other way around. If my coach wouldn't talk to me I'd want out too.

Comment

He's getting paid how many millions of dollars? Time to grow a pair and be a man. Plenty of people don't get along with their bosses and deal with it for a whole lot less money.

Comment

If he is traded, it should be for a first and I'm sure someone will pay it. Chambers got a second and he's had ONE 1,000 yard recieving year and he's a few months younger than CJ.

Chad has been 30 for a whole 1/2 month anyway, he's got tons of good football ahead of him (well, depending on who his QB is).
                      I think you are really overrating his value on the market. Guys that are disgruntled generally don't fetch as much on the open market as one would expect. Chambers garnered a second round because the Chargers were desperate to make the playoffs and it was going to be a late round pick (so the value is closer to a third). But AJ Smith is a bit more of a gambler than most GM's, so look at that as the exception and not the rule. Roy Williams is getting talk of late 1st/early second and he has more potential than CJ.

Of the teams with a first rounder in the teens, I don't see many of them looking to get CJ. I will look at each team:
                      #17 Minnesota - They have to develop Sidney Rice and Williamson and Childress is a complete dick who doesn't really put up with anything
                      #19 Philadelphia - After TO, I doubt it.
                      #20 Tampa Bay - Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard both had great years and while they are up there in years, I think they really need to look at finding a new #2 corner.
                      #21 Washington - They have Moss, Randel El and Lloyd all under contract... I am going to say no.
                      #24 Tennessee - This is a real possibility, who knows, maybe your team can trade straight up for Pac Man :) jk. I am going to say Fisher builds through the draft, because most of the titans core talent is homegrown.

I think that the best scenario would be to trade him to a coach that is on the hot seat and desperate for a WR. The Niners are an option, though Nolan is a pretty strict guy. Other options could be the second rounders of Kansas City, Oakland, Baltimore (probably not bc of the rival thing), New Orleans, Buffalo or Chicago.

Comment

He's getting paid how many millions of dollars? Time to grow a pair and be a man. Plenty of people don't get along with their bosses and deal with it for a whole lot less money.
                        Im not quite understanding something here. Reading your first post it sounds like you are upset at CJ for disrespecting the Bengals, but you would be ok with Coach Lewis and the organization disrespecting CJ first? I dont think this is about money. Being on the outside of the situation we can never fully understand who said what and who started it. We just have to take peoples word for it. All I know is 90+ catches 1200+ yards 10+ tds annually speaks for itself. The Bengals have to win by out scoring the competition, the defense isnt gonna get it done. Losing CJ will set you back. TJ will be blanketed and Palmer will have to force the ball to him. That draft pick wont help out right away.

Comment

Only way i'd trade him is maybe a trade with Denver for Javon Walker and maybe a 4th or so.

Or

Draft Malcolm Kelly.

Sig by yours truly.

Comment

they deff need to get rid of this guy. Last thing the bengals need right now is drama. Get rid of him soon and move on.

Comment

He also wants to be on a team that can win. The Bengals D is swiss cheese and has too many holes that can't be filled this offseason. It will be at least another year before they get their team back on track. That could also be a reason for Johnson's frustration.

Comment

They're all saying it's about money. Really annoying considering he just got his contract redone last year, just jealous TJ is getting his done.

You say Chad wants to be on a team that wins yet he's talking about the freaking Raiders, Panthers and Dolphins... Please, this is about money and ego. It's the same story that plays out with every dramatic WR.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information