No announcement yet.

Chad Johnson needs to GO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for Marvin, its about time he starts to be the "badass" he was when he first arrived. Good for Carson too, its his team and if ur gonna **** with it then you can hit the road. Its embarrassing that Chad is trying to make the franchise seem the bad guy. You can't take criticism its time to get out the League son. IDC if ur the best reciever in the NFL or some scrub, you don't say those kinds of things to any of your teammates or your coach. Chad has put himself in this situation by crying about it like a 4 year old and if he ever wants to play on this team again he better beg the team and the City of Cincinnati for forgiveness. I've always had his back and thought he was better than a TO or a Randy Moss, but this is out of control. I will be burning my 85 jersey in LOT C before the opening game at PBS this season if anyone would like to join me.

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      Curnette estimates 8.03 million, Hobson claims 6-7 million... Either way it's massive.
      the cap hit we would take is nowhere near worth trading him away. he might be saying this sh*t now but i fully expect him to play when the season comes around. i have heard chad say on multiple occasions that when the games come hes going to "do what he does and embarrass anyone who tries to cover him." when it comes down to it i think hes staying.

worker bees can leave
      even drones can fly away
      the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

I hope we go out and win a super bowl while chad is on the bench. Then not give him a ring, and then trade him off to a team that will never have a chance to win a superbowl. Preferably one with no QB...maybe Oakland and just sit back and watch his career and chances of the HOF go bye bye. It will teach him to respect the team and be a team player.

Im glad Marvin is putting his foot down and not letting the players walk all over him.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
          the cap hit we would take is nowhere near worth trading him away. he might be saying this sh*t now but i fully expect him to play when the season comes around. i have heard chad say on multiple occasions that when the games come hes going to "do what he does and embarrass anyone who tries to cover him." when it comes down to it i think hes staying.
          thats bs in todays nfl. supposedly it would be around 7 mil and you would be able to split it between two seasons so 3.5 mil per year in dead money. thats honestly nothing in the current nfl

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
            thats bs in todays nfl. supposedly it would be around 7 mil and you would be able to split it between two seasons so 3.5 mil per year in dead money. thats honestly nothing in the current nfl
            Its alot if you have your budget planned out perfectly to fit all your players in. Even a small amount could cause you to not sign one person that could be an intricate part of your team.

Comment

Thought this was VERY interesting, kinda makes me think the decision to deny the trade actually had some positive effect:

As the tug-o-war between the Cincinnati Bengals and receiver Chad Johnson continues with the piece of the rope with the strip of an old T-shirt tied around it not moving from the midpoint between the two sides, the Bengals have scored a major victory among the other players on the team.

Per a league source, coach Marvin Lewis won back the locker room with his Tuesday verbal *****-slapping of Johnson.

“He’s stated without an opportunity to go to a different team and a new contract, he wasn’t going to play,” Lewis said to the media two days ago. “I think he’s a man of his word. He says he’s not going to play, so don’t play.”

It’s a significant development for Lewis, who had gradually squandered the support of the other players by coddling Chad. The low point came in January 2006, when Lewis did nothing in response to Johnson’s halftime meltdown in the locker room.

Regardless of whether Johnson punched Lewis or receivers coach Hue Jackson or Johnson had Jackson in a headlock or Jackson had Johnson in a headlock or the Iron Sheik had Hacksaw Jim Duggan in a sleeper hold, the incident marred the twelve-minute intermission of a playoff game that the Bengals were leading at the end of the second quarter, preventing the team from maximizing the available time to make adjustments aimed at also leading the game at the end of the fourth.

Per the source, one player’s reaction was that Lewis should have gone even farther. “He should have told Chad that he’d pack up his stuff and send it to him,” the player said, “or that he’d just go ahead and send it all to Canton.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                and we are talking about mike brown here.

and PalmerToTJ- Thats the exact article Geo posted on the last page, which was where my reaction/rant came from.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

WOW
                  Jay Glazer, FOX NFL Insider with Jim Rome....on Chad
                  "It's too late to salvage this. People just don't understand how bad it has gotten. Last year, in a team meeting before a game...coaches asked if anyone had a problem with Chad. Carson Palmer stood up and said, "yea, I have a problem with him". Chad and Carson began arguing. Chad was screaming at Carson in the middle of the room"
                  That's odd, I have never heard anything about this before.

Comment

There were some things during the draft that really puzzled me. They all stemmed around the Eagles. I thought the Eagles adding Laws was weird, and they acquired an extra 1st rounder for next year as well in the draft.

Today I took a look over the Bengals forums and I saw a post by West Texas on there. I read it over and it was as if he had thought the exact things. What if the Eagles are actually acquiring all the stuff for a Chad Johnson (and Andrews according to him) trade after June 1st. What if all this "we aren't trading Chad" is a giant smoke screen to increase the trade value of CJ. We already had two potential first round picks offered for him and we said no. What if we wait around and let someone sweeten the deal? What if that was our plan all along? What if we get Laws, possibly Desean Jackson, maybe Lito Sheppard, 2 first round picks next year, all for CJ and Andrews.

I know it's far fetched...but...it is possible and the trade could happen. Would you guys want a trade like that?

I know I have sat around saying I want to watch Chad's career die while he is on the bench. Will that help the Bengals though? If he's on the Bench he doesn't help us much. After the way he has been acting I only see a T.O. situation with him complaining all the time. If he gets traded...it can be beneficial to us if it can be worked out so that we don't get hit so much with the cap.

Comment

I hate playing the "What If" game, but I see what you are getting at. It's just to hard to envision us letting Andrews go at this point when we really didn't do much to bolster our o-line through the draft. I just have a really hard time thinking the Bengals front office has enough of a thought process to pull off anything with Chad that could help this team. I have about ZERO faith in them...

Comment

Well the argument with Andrews is that he will more than likely not be with the Bengals next year as he wants to play with his brother in Philly. So unless his brother comes to Cincy, we will prolly see Andrews leave next year. That is the whole reason why Andrews is suspected to be traded with him. Also, Andrews cap space would enable us to nearly feel no effect from Chad's cap hit. I think it actually clears cap space. It is a scenario and nothing more. Alot of people find it really odd that Laws was drafted by the Eagles. Even Eagle fans don't quite understand it. I do think it is a possible scenario. I have alot of faith in the Bengals front office. I think a blockbuster trade like this could indeed be in the works.

Comment

I really would not like to see Andrews go at all hes a monster and we're gonna need him if not now then very soon. I'd love to trade Chad but PLEASE keep Andrews.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Well like I said before...I don't see Andrews staying for more than a year...he is refusing to sign any contracts and has always said he wants to play with his brother. Even we keep him then he will play just one year and then we will probably get a 3rd, 4th or 5th round comp pick for him after he bolts for the Eagles anyway. I say if we can trade him along with Chad for Laws, another player, possibly another player and 2 first rounders next year, then we should do it. We can draft a stud OT to replace Willie when he retires. Plus we get that extra DT in Laws whom can also play DE.

Comment

Personally I think this whole thing with him wanting to play with his brother is quite overplayed. He's gonna get top LT money to play here and I doubt he would give that up to play with his brother in any way shape or form. I think we should offer him the house and let Willie go(I may be alone in that) but the man seriously has the skills to be the most dominant tackle in football regardless of left or right. I've seen a million tackles/guards in my day but I can honestly say I know greatness when I see it and this man has it more than probably anyone ive seen in the past ten years. He is THAT good and we must keep him at all cost. Above Willie and even above Levi who I have been one of the biggest supporters of thru thick and thin.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

With Mike Brown in charge you know Willie won't get cut though :)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information