Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
    Shaun Rogers not caring >>>>> Thornton/Robinson in their prime combined.
    Heh. I find this statement comical. I will behave myself though.

You dont get Shaun Rogers for stats. In 7 years he has 355 tackles and 29 sacks. That is about 50 tackles and 4 sacks per season. His job is to be a space eater that can tie up lineman, allowing the players beside and behind him to make the big plays. That said, someone had to take a chance on him and it could pay off. I like this deal for you guys.

Comment

It was exaggeration, I realize Thornton was a stud at Tennessee... They were just bums here. Honestly, you can't say a half throttle Rogers isn't better than any DT we've had outside of Peko in the past I couldn't tell you how many years.

I realize pass rushing isn't his deal... Can't be weighing that much but he got to the QB unlike anyone on our team last year. I'm most excited about being able to put someone next to Geathers so he can hopefully do more in the pass rush. In 2005 he was a bear against us in that AFCN clinching game.

Still leaves 3-4 options up, not sure if that'll be the case with Odom to visit. I agree a 3-tech would've been better but beggers can't be choosers. As I've contested, I think Peko may be better suited at 3-4 DE. Guess we'll see.

Comment

i guess 7 sacks isn't ideal? im not a stat man but it looks to me like he can do it all when motivated/healthy.

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

id be happy to get him but for the right price. he's a freak athlete and would be a great situational pass rusher for us.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

It's very reasonable to expect 4-5 out of him, which would've led our team last year. Again, I know he's no Warren Sapp in terms of pass rush but he's a boost for our team.

Comment

i dont care if he gets a single sack. a man of his size and athletic ability almost automatically warrants a double team. combine that with the fact that he can actually pass rush, it helps a ton.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Good deal for Cincy, you guys need defense, and he adds pressure which leads to turnovers, he's just a piece of the puzzle, id still go defense with the first pick, just to make sure the defense is not a problem again...A change of scenery is all a player needs when he has been being lazy and not trying, that shows every year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Odom-Peko-Rogers-Geathers

Sounds pretty damn exciting. throw in Rivers at OLB from draft and use a 2nd rounder on oline or safety depth and we will be set with a young growing defense

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

I would still like to get Ellis or Dorsey even if we get Odom. I think a better line with be Odom, Dorsey/Ellis, Rogers, and Geathers. I think Peko will always only be good enough as a backup. If we get Odom it would be tough to switch to a 3-4. I would also like to draft one of ther big DT's in the 4th or so as a backup to Rogers and as are future NT/DT.

Comment

Ellis and Dorsey will most likely not be there. so bpa would be a likely scenario.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

well hells bells

Ok, so if the deal is called off, then can we atleast pursue Stroud? pretty please? Something to make the hemmoraging that we call a defense go away

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

Ahh man, what bad luck. Deal is off...then he goes to division rival Cleveland? Ouch. Good luck with the rest of the FA period. I'm still waiting for my 9ers to make a move. Hoping to land Justin Smith.

Comment

This SUCKS! It was the kind of impact move we needed, ugh, out with the optimism.

Comment

Shere Kan - I remember the post in your "quote"!

Funny that Joemontainya eneded up being exactly right and you were wrong?

Congrats on getting Rogers........Cleveland

Comment

That's SOOOOO wack.

Goddell has it out for us. If the trade fell through due to technicality, they need to outline exactly WHY this failed.

He's got some explaining to do, that's a bunch of drivel.

I'm so tired of him.
                                Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information