Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agency Thread

Well, it's started. This is more to talk about where Smith, Williams and Johnson go. FA is depressing to me.

I don't mind letting Smith go but really wish they would've re-signed Madieu with how cheap safties are and if Landon isn't retained it better be a 3-4 swap... He's not great but he doesn't screw up either.

Otherwise, should be pretty boring in here until the dinosaurs have to sign somewhere.

really didn't want to see madieu go. at all.

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

not gonna get my hopes up but maybe we could trade some picks for marcus stroud?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Salary is too much, otherwise I'd be getting pumped too. Plus he's not 80 years old.

Sucks to see Madieu go but more for potential which he wasn't playing up to. White and Chinny were more than adequate out there at the end of last year so I don't think it hurts that bad.

Comment

what is stroud's salary?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Via Geo in the main board thread:

Per rotoworld, Stroud's current deal calls for $11.5M over the next two years (5.5 this yr, 6 next) in base salary.
            Bills board says he's going to visit there. As usual we'll just sit back and not spend a dime.

Comment

Shaun Rogers

Bengals aquire via trade for our 3rd and 5th it appears.

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

Shuts my mouth. This is HUGE in so many ways.

1. Gives us a MUCH needed interior pass rusher (well, pass rusher in general).
                2. Gives Geathers a good DT next to him so he can use his pass rush better.
                3. Allows us to address DE and LB in the first two rounds as opposed to worrying about DT.
                4. I'm assuming this keeps us in the 4-3 given his success there but he'd be a beast of a NT so it leaves good options either way.

I'm not one to overreact to a deal. I thought signing Adams wasn't a big deal but this is huge to our immediate success. Our run D was good enough last year and this only makes it better.

Rivers or a DE in the first and second then we've got no gaping holes, just inexperience.

Comment

If you can keep him motivated and consistant, then this is a good deal. If not, then I think the better deal goes out to Detroit. You got a few more holes in your defense to be good. I read somewhere that Marvin might go O in the first round but that was like a month ago. Good pickup for you guys, but we wont know untill the season if he will pan out.

Comment

OMG. im so freaking excited.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                    who dey?

Comment

Shaun Rogers not caring >>>>> Thornton/Robinson in their prime combined.

Very low risk to give up the 3rd/5th. We should get a 3rd from Steinbach anyway. That DT spot other than Peko was a gaping hole.

Comment

wow. after i just talked about how it would be a bad thing for us, im so happy about this. instantly makes our defense better and helps our secondary a ton.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

excellent move by the Bengals.....now they are free to draft for the best player available and not by need.

they could very well pick up either an offensive or defensive player.
                          Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

Comment

Antwan Odom to Visit Sunday...

I'm glad the FO is making me look like a fool. Rogers is massive but Odom would be just as big.

26 years old coming off an 8 sack 7 pass deflection season...

Figured this was deserving of its own thread, signing him would just be HUGE. That gives us TWO pass rushers (Odom + Rogers 15 sacks is only 7 shy of our entire team total). I would be so freaking pumped if we manage him.

Then RIVERS in the first followed by BPA the rest of the draft, would probably be able to address OG/S/CB depth.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                              Shuts my mouth. This is HUGE in so many ways.

1. Gives us a MUCH needed interior pass rusher (well, pass rusher in general).
                              2. Gives Geathers a good DT next to him so he can use his pass rush better.
                              3. Allows us to address DE and LB in the first two rounds as opposed to worrying about DT.
                              4. I'm assuming this keeps us in the 4-3 given his success there but he'd be a beast of a NT so it leaves good options either way.

I'm not one to overreact to a deal. I thought signing Adams wasn't a big deal but this is huge to our immediate success. Our run D was good enough last year and this only makes it better.

Rivers or a DE in the first and second then we've got no gaping holes, just inexperience.
                              Um..

Rogers is not a passrusher. If you get him down to 325-330lbs he could bea dominate NT, but what about Peko?

Not one of the better deals IMO.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information