Week 11 Nov. 16 Philadelphia 1 p.m.
    Week 12 Nov. 20 @ Pittsburgh 8:15 p.m.
    Week 13 Nov. 30 Baltimore 1 p.m.
    Week 14 Dec. 7 @ Indianapolis 1 p.m.
    Week 15 Dec. 14 Washington 1 p.m.
    Week 16 Dec. 21 @ Cleveland 1 p.m.
    Week 17 Dec. 28 Kansas City 1 p.m.

Initial reactions...

The bye at week 8 is nice, we've been getting it way too early lately.
    Must we always play KC as our additional game? I mean jeeze.
    IMO there's good balance, no real rough stretches within the schedule.
    Dallas/Pitt/Jax in 4 games is a little rough though.
    One prime time game is sweet given what we did last year.

I'm still not going to predict, way too many variables with this team. New DC, Odell/Ahmad's health and actually playing, Chad being a d-bag, will Rudi be back to his old self? Can Irons/Perry come back healthy, I'm pretty sure Perry won't... We all realize that by now. Obviously the draft hasn't even occurred.

We'll see, I'm definitely going to take this season one game at a time.

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
    Week 1 Sept. 7 @ Baltimore 1 p.m.
    Week 2 Sept. 14 Tennessee 1 p.m.
    Week 3 Sept. 21 @ NY Giants 1 p.m.
    Week 4 Sept. 28 Cleveland 1 p.m.
    Week 5 Oct. 5 @ Dallas 4:15 p.m.
    Week 6 Oct. 12 @ NY Jets 1 p.m.
    Week 7 Oct. 19 Pittsburgh 1 p.m.
    Week 8 BYE
    Week 9 Nov. 2 Jacksonville 1 p.m.
    Week 10 Nov. 9 @ Houston 1 p.m.
    Week 11 Nov. 16 Philadelphia 1 p.m.
    Week 12 Nov. 20 @ Pittsburgh 8:15 p.m.
    Week 13 Nov. 30 Baltimore 1 p.m.
    Week 14 Dec. 7 @ Indianapolis 1 p.m.
    Week 15 Dec. 14 Washington 1 p.m.
    Week 16 Dec. 21 @ Cleveland 1 p.m.
    Week 17 Dec. 28 Kansas City 1 p.m.

Initial reactions...

The bye at week 8 is nice, we've been getting it way too early lately.
    Must we always play KC as our additional game? I mean jeeze.
    IMO there's good balance, no real rough stretches within the schedule.
    Dallas/Pitt/Jax in 4 games is a little rough though.
    One prime time game is sweet given what we did last year.

I'm still not going to predict, way too many variables with this team. New DC, Odell/Ahmad's health and actually playing, Chad being a d-bag, will Rudi be back to his old self? Can Irons/Perry come back healthy, I'm pretty sure Perry won't... We all realize that by now. Obviously the draft hasn't even occurred.

We'll see, I'm definitely going to take this season one game at a time.
    every browns/steelers/ravens fan I know seems to think we're the worst in the division now. Maybe I'm biased but I think all teams have a shot to win the AFC north.

The only problem is the AFC North has such a hard schedule that I doubt we'll produce any wild card teams this year, so the bengals really have to win the division =/

Comment

they can think that all they want...

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Its just because everyone in riding the Browns Free Agent Bandwagon. At first I thought the Browns were making great moves. Then I looked it over. I didnt think they were making that great of strides. Sure they signed some mediocre hitters but I don't have much confidence in Shaun Rogers and I dont think Stallworth is going to be a breakout player.

The Ravens have multiple Problems...Including QB, Secondary, Oline, and Dline.

The Steelers are just Plain smelly =)

So I dont see how anyone could think the Bengals will finish last in the division.

Comment

I thought the Brownies were pretty good too, til they came to Cincy last year and got worked! One of the few highlights from last season.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I think the Steelers are always going to be a team in contention due to the fact that they have an outstanding front office. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the Steelers, but facts are facts and I fully expect to see them right there contending through the whole season.

The Browns have been make huge improvements to their roster and the biggest thing seems to be that many of the draft picks they have made in the recent years are finally getting healthy. We all know how bad injuries have impacted the Bengals and the Browns have been in the same boat for the most part.

The Ravens are the team I see as having the hardest route to make the playoffs this year. To start (and the biggest thing) their QB situation is far from stable. McNair is now gone, Boller is quite possibly the worst QB in the league, and Smith is an unknown at this point. Their defense will keep them in games, but I expect their offense to (yet again) cost them a shot at the playoffs.

Our beloved Bengals on the other hand need to figure out their defense. If they could ever find a way to stop the run and (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD) rush the opposing QB, it might be another story for our guys. Until that happens, I believe we will have a season very close to anther 8-8 effort...

Comment

Originally posted by BengalMedic View Post
              Our beloved Bengals on the other hand need to figure out their defense. If they could ever find a way to stop the run and (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD) rush the opposing QB, it might be another story for our guys. Until that happens, I believe we will have a season very close to anther 8-8 effort...
              im not too worried about how well we will do on defense this coming season. the addition of odom makes the pass rush more realisitic, and even more so if we pick up a DE in the draft. If we do end up getting ellis, or an equally talented DL, our chances of stopping the run will improve ten-fold.

worker bees can leave
              even drones can fly away
              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

While I agree that getting that DT to bolster the middle of the D-line will improve our chances of stopping the run, it will still be with the expectation that the rookie makes that type of an impact and we don't know if that will be the case or not. Getting one of the top two DT still doesn't make it a given.

As for Odom, he HUGELY benifitted from having not only one of the most dominant DT in Haynesworth, but additional help on the other side of the D-line. Without getting NOT ONLY the DT we want, but getting him to produce at a high level from the get go could mean nothing more than an average year from Odom.

On the possible flip side, if we miss out on a DT that makes a fairly big impact, I see Odom not being as big a factor as some might think and or hope for...

Comment

Odom has the upside that you like to see even though he did well with Haynesworth. I could see him really coming into his own, or maybe thats just wishful thinking.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I could really see Odell having a MONSTER year as well, but that is wishful thinking as well. I really am not ready to watch this defense struggle again this year, but the fact remains that it is still a very real possibility...

Comment

I am probably least worried about Odell when he gets his chance to shine he will. I just hope they don't try to hold him back too long.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by BengalMedic View Post
                        As for Odom, he HUGELY benifitted from having not only one of the most dominant DT in Haynesworth, but additional help on the other side of the D-line. Without getting NOT ONLY the DT we want, but getting him to produce at a high level from the get go could mean nothing more than an average year from Odom.
                        there is no doubt that Haynesworth had a huge effect on Odom's performance, but i think our d-line is decent enough to make him successful. opposite Odom, we have Geathers with Peko and Thorton/Myers in the interior, who are both getting up there in age. if we do end up getting Ellis and he has an immediate impact, he could be cycled in every few plays. that appears to be a solid d-line, but i can merely speculate and maybe im just too optimistic for the future.

worker bees can leave
                        even drones can fly away
                        the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

I think with any situation that may arise with the 1st and second round draft picks, we will end up with a solid DT. I also think that the DT we land will be able to impact the defense from day 1. Gethers, Peko, Ellis, Odom would be a tangible that many olines wouldn't be able to handle. With the return of Thurman (I am confidant he will get in shape) and a young but good Secondary we will have a greatly improved defense.

Now how does that tie in with the 2008 schedule? Looking over the first half before the bye we have a game against the Ravens. Ravens have no QB, have aging WR's, they do have a good running back, but an aging oline that isnt really intact. This would be a great game to get our defense motivated.

The second game of the season is at the Titans. I think it will be a difficult game. Their run game is week if you dont count Young, and receiver wise (predraft) they dont have the tools that Young needs. They did gain a TE that will work well with a Vince Young Style. Still I dont see it as a game that will press the defense to hard...but I step above the Ravens.

The Third game gives us a little better test. Although, I don't consider the Super Bowl Champions a top notch offense. I seem to remember that everyone was about to kill Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning mid season last year. The ferver subsided when they won the super bowl of course...and it will come back. They do have a run game, they have a decent QB and they have at least 1 WR. So it will be a good test on our defense. It will be the first real test on whether we can hold up or not.

In the Fourth, we get Cleveland. I think Anderson was a one year fluke and we will prove it to them in this game. The man wont know what hit him when he gets sacked so many times he starts throwing interception after interception.

Week 5 gets tough for the D. They will be the toughest Offense will will face in the first half.

The Jets in week 6 will be similar to the Browns in Week 4. Sacks and Interceptions!

to close out the first half we get the Steelers. Their Oline took a hit. Their Run game is good. Their pass game is decent. It will be much like facing the Giants previously.

First half Prediction....6-1

The second half definantly gets alot tougher. But I think we can easily squeeze 3-4 wins down the stretch in order to get ourselves in the playoffs.(Baltimore, Cleveland, Houston, K.C., Washington) I think the best though is going 7-2 down the stretch for a total of 13-3. That is if the Defense is going on all gears all year. The offense will have to be clicking too.

If the defense doesnt click...with the schedule we have I see us going....

3-4 in the first half
                          5-4 in the second
                          8-8 overall

It will still be a playoff push that will come down to games against Pitt Houston Philly, and Cleveland.

I see it as a win season though. We took some steps down since we went to the playoffs a few years back. This will be the year we get back in.

I also think Chris Perry comes back healthy and proves he wasnt a bust. Thats what I really want to see.

Comment

Our offense will likely regress, void of Chad not being an idiot which is more than doubtful.

We could easily be better if the defense improves and creates turnovers while our running game picks up (hinging on a healthy Irons/Perry). Carson should be better in terms of not turning the ball over. Utecht should help that.

Utecht, a better running game and improved defense would be HUGE. I don't think we'll pass nearly as much as last year. This season could go in either extreme, I'm not sure what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                              Utecht, a better running game and improved defense would be HUGE. I don't think we'll pass nearly as much as last year. This season could go in either extreme, I'm not sure what to expect.
                              to me, Utecht adds a whole new dimension to the offense that was virtually previously nonexistent, especially if we pick up a solid WR in the draft. i agree that we wont pass as much, but that is only if the run game gets stronger, which i expect it to. i also expect to see the defense much improved from years past, mainly due to the hiring of the defense staff, return of thurman and possibly brooks, and the incoming picks. im excited to see what happens.

worker bees can leave
                              even drones can fly away
                              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information