Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agency Thread

Well, things could actually get interesting for us.

Word is we might be in the running for a saftey or LB.

Get this, there's potential for Joey Porter or TKO. Supposedly us and the Cards have shown interest in Porter.

Not sure how Porter fits into the plans, TKO is a bum after the way he left us and he can't stay healthy to save his life... His bridges are burned.

I think it would be a mistake to go after either of them. There really isn't much out there. Even the TE from NE would command much more than he's worth. Resign KK and Kelly

Comment

If we lose Reggie Kelly that is gonna hurt big time and right now it looks like there is a chance that could happen. I couldn't care less about Tony Stewart.

Comment

I dont think we NEED porter, but hey, he is an amazing LB. And he is better on our team than against it

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
          I dont think we NEED porter, but hey, he is an amazing LB. And he is better on our team than against it
          Agreed completely.

The thing I like about Porter is...

A. He's a vet we lack.
          B. He has the intensity and mean streak that our defense needs.
          C. He now hates the Steelers as well.

Still, he's gonna want to cash in and I don't see it happening here.

Comment

well, it could still happen here we do need a big play LB who is a proven asset and can blitz the hell outta offenses

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

True.

At 30 though with his skills falling off I just don't see the use in giving him much of a contract. Not saying I don't want him, just that someone will overpay.

Comment

yeah. i would only be interested in him for his playmaking ability. sign him a year or two and draft a LB to groom to take his spot (Timmons, Beason)

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

"Just cut by the Steelers for money reasons, Porter, who turns 30 later this month, apparently fired up about the prospect of playing for head coach Marvin Lewis, is interested in joining a team that will play Pittsburgh twice a year."
                  Just an interesting tidbit. if he is fired up to play here, it might be possible to eek a deal out....

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

i never really liked Joey Porter and think he is totally overrated and its not just cause he was a steeler. He's a 50 tackle a year wonder who gets to the pro bowl because he gets a good 10-12 sacks a year. I wouldnt mind seeing him a bengal but i doubt it would happen because he has a feud with our players and hes gonna want alot more money than he's worth or we're willing to give him. Sign KK and Reggie Kelly and we're straight.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Actually him and Chad get along, Chad said they talk once a week. TJ doesn't like him though haha.

I think someone might overpay for KK, he's a good backup but nothing more.

Kelly is who we really need to keep with Watson re-signed.

Comment

Most of the comments I've read from Steeelers fans say his mouth is bigger than his play and he gets 1-2 very costly penalties every game. If we ran a 3-4 then maybe but there's no sense in bringing in a guy who hasn't played our defense. The NYJets moved to a 3-4 defense from the 4-3 and it has really hurt the play of Jonathan Vilma. You never know what can happen in a case like that. We could sign Porter or even A.Thomas and they may seem mediocre in our defense.

Comment

I've heard some scouts said he's best suited for the 4-3.

As of right now the Cardinals, Browns, Ravens and Dolphins are the interested teams.

There's not really much that interests me this offseason.

Comment

I believe the Jets are interested in Porter as well, they had inquired about trading for him before he got cut.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                              I've heard some scouts said he's best suited for the 4-3.

As of right now the Cardinals, Browns, Ravens and Dolphins are the interested teams.

There's not really much that interests me this offseason.
                              if he is best fit, maybe we should go after him

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information