No announcement yet.

Bengals interest in Alexander ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, hard to find people who are willing to admit they really don't think Rudi is all that great... I personally hold that view as well. I loved what he brought to the team after the Corey Dillon episode, but he's not the standout RB threat most teams look for. He's a more than solid and can run between the tackles, but at his best, you need not look any further than the o-line in front of him. That 2005 o-line was just sick !!! Hell I could have run for 1200 yards behind THAT line...

Comment

I think he's a solid RB, just isn't the best fit with our offense. Chris Perry, when healthy is what our offense needs.

In 2005 I wanted Perry to get a bulk of the carries and Rudi even had a pretty good year. This is the reason I wouldn't have been too terribly mad if we somehow took Mendenhall/Stewart in the first.

Comment

Yea I have been in the Perry camp since he was drafted. Rudi is allright but thats all he is. He is nothing special at all. Chris Perry has the ability to be a feature back. A Brian Westbrook style back that gets alot of short screens and quick dumps and stuff. He doesn't have the abilities of Westbrook. I really havn't seen Perry rush much because he is injured so often. I will ride the Perry train until they cut him though. =) So hopefully they never cut him.

Comment

Anyone know what the deal with Irons is ?? Last I read, it seems he might be on the PUP. Funny how it takes some so much longer to recover from the same injury. Look at Carson. I'm mean WOW !!!

Comment

Some people just heal faster than others. Then again there are those that want to heal faster than others.

Comment

I get the whole some heal faster than others, but I think you hit the nail on the head with, "some WANT to heal faster than others" part. I'm not saying Irons doesn't want to heal faster and God knows a RB recovering from this type of injury is different than say a QB, but it's just odd at how there can be such a differential...

Comment

yea, exactly! Look at the situation Irons is in. He is maybe at best the 4th Runningback on the team. His best chances of getting a spot starting is wait out a year to wait and see if Rudi and Perry are gonna pan out. If they don't then he gets a stab at it next year.

Comment

In all seriousness, I'm hoping they just PUP Irons and take the cautious route with him. He has great potential, but would hate to see him come back to early and risk further injury. I still think a healthy Chris Perry will be a huge difference this year for not only the offense, but for Rudi as well...

Comment

A healthy Chris Perry will make this offense dynamically better. Alot of people discount the Perry factor. He is one of the reasons the offense was so good in 05. He is a huge difference maker.

Comment

Everyone keeps discounting him as a RB, I only see talk of Dorsey/Watson/Rudi really. I can't see keeping 4 RB's but who knows...

Comment

If Perry is healthy that probably means Dorsey will be released and whenever Irons returns they would either let him go too or carry 4 RB's which seems unlikely.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I would hate to see Dorsey leave, but what are you going to do ?? As much heat as I'm sure I will take, I've never been a big fan of Watson. He's been great in the backup role, but he's just never stood out to me. That being the case, I would rather give the shot to Dorsey. Feel free to bash away...

Comment

I dont like Watson as a feature back either. I don't like Dorsey as feature back as well. Watson is a good solid back up. He proved that last year. Dorsey just doesnt have it. He should be the one that gets cut if anyone gets cut.

Comment

I like both of them but you've got to be realistic. DeDe is a one trick pony who would be a nice luxury if we didn't have all these investments at RB. Kenny Watson is a solid player who could start in an emergency. Perry/Irons are high picks that we have a lot of confidence in when they are healthy. The three RB's they would ideally like to have are Rudi, Perry, and Irons.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Agree with the three being Rudi, Perry, and Irons when and if they are all healthy. What the hell is going on with Jeremi Johnson anyway ?? I thought I read something about the coaching staff not be particularly pleased with him at this point in time...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information