No announcement yet.

Bengals interest in Alexander ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that stemmed from a sudden influx in weight but it was probably overplayed in the media. I don't think they really care what he does as long as hes not getting in trouble or his play falters. He's an All-Pro caliber FB.

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Was he hurt last year ?? I cant' recall hearing anything about him. I agree with his pro bowl potential, and can remember him having the ability to catch out of the backfield. I would just like to hear his name a little more (in a good way) for a guy we made the higest paid fullback in the league when he got his new contract...

Comment

Originally posted by BengalMedic View Post
        Was he hurt last year ?? I cant' recall hearing anything about him. I agree with his pro bowl potential, and can remember him having the ability to catch out of the backfield. I would just like to hear his name a little more (in a good way) for a guy we made the higest paid fullback in the league when he got his new contract...
        Jeremi is pretty versatile, he can run a little, catch a little and he's obviously a very good blocker. However, when do you expect them give him the ball or "hear his name" as you put it. Over the past 3-4 years we've actually had a running game and a 2-3 solid WR options. When its all said and done there isn't much time to give him the ball when he's simply not able to do as much with it as Rudi / Chad / TJ.

However, with losing chris henry, possibly chad and our current RB's being banged up - maybe we could give Jeremi the ball a little more.

Comment

He's already shown he's one of the top 5 FB's (I think only Lorenzo Neal surpasses him, but that gap has been narrowed significantly) in the league and he is a huge part of our run game. His conditioning issues have been brought up more than once but he always comes ready to play when it matters.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Havnt heard much on Alexander lately...did he sign with a team?

Comment

I think he's still out there, kind of strange seeing Musa Smith employed before The Former MVP even though he's declined severely. I do hope he catches on somewhere, he's got something left in the tank, not sure how much exactly but enough to warrant a signing at least.

Comment

My guess is he wants alot of money and teams are can't afford...or at least don't want to afford him.

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                  My guess is he wants alot of money and teams are can't afford...or at least don't want to afford him.
                  Yeahhhhh, if Shaun Alexander was willing to accept less money, my guess is he'd have been signed months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                    Yeahhhhh, if Shaun Alexander was willing to accept less money, my guess is he'd have been signed months ago.
                    In the grand scheme of things, it's better for him to not be signed right now.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                    The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                    I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Well, there are some interesting points in regards to Jeremi Johnson in the newest article on the official site...

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6812

Comment

I thought that article was more interesting in regards to Utecht :)

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love hearing the possibilities that exist for our TE corps that we have never utilized. The fact that a former TE could be thought of as "beating out" our once highest paid FB in the league says something to the disgruntlement of Jeremi Johnson from the coaches...

Comment

Ya that was pretty surprising. Jeremi needs to get it together, we're gonna need him.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

He isnt doing something right if an Undrafted Free Agent TE can take over your spot...

Comment

Daniel Coats is a special player first of all and second, Is Jeremi even there?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information