Bengals interest in Alexander ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
    Daniel Coats is a special player first of all and second, Is Jeremi even there?
    I think he isn't. If I was him...and the coaches were down on me. I would show up to voluntary camp and work my butt off to impress them.

Comment

This could simply be a way to let him know he needs to come ready to work in June and during camp.

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

The thing about Coats is, he has that stupid strength... The kid can bench press 225 something like 40 plus times. Can't see the down side to having someone that strong getting looks outside of the TE position.

Comment

We could just be looking for a person that will block better. We will be running alot of TE options this year where the TE will be catching and running routes, rather than blocking. We are probably looking into a FB that can block like a TE.

Comment

Maybe he's just being groomed to replace Reggie Kelly? He does a lot of the same type of thing we are asking Coates to do.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Maybe he's just being groomed to replace Reggie Kelly? He does a lot of the same type of thing we are asking Coates to do.
              Thats true...Kelly has basically always been a blocking TE.

Comment

and Kelly plays FB when we are in our No Huddle offense. Coats could fill that role plus he can actually catch.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

and Kelly plays FB when we are in our No Huddle offense. Coats could fill that role plus he can actually catch.
                  So he is probably an eventual replacement for Kelly. Kelly is about 1 mil of cap space if we cut him. THough I dont think he will be cut this year.

Comment

its probably more down the road. Kelly is great at what he does and we are hoping Coats can learn to block in a similar fashion.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Well, at least D3 can play special teams, can't say that about the other RB's on the roster.

D3 deserves an increased role in our offense after what he did last year. His YPC was gaudy, and no one's saying he has to be an full-time, bell-cow back, just a effective wave-player. Besides, that whole Full-time-feature-back approach is become obsolete in today's game anyway.
                      Even All-Day shared carries with Chester Taylor.
                      Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                        Some people just heal faster than others. Then again there are those that want to heal faster than others.
                        Playing RB demands TOTALLY different skills (and stress) than a QB does.
                        I'm saying though, Carson's not gonna be blocking defenders, cutting and juking out of the backfield every play.
                        Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information