No announcement yet.

Odell Cut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he was cut because he wanted to stay with his family during his grandmother's death? Sounds like a little like the Troy Williamson situation last season, except Troy didn't get cut.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Thats what it is looking like. Unless something breaks soon.
      I smell a grievance suit if that is the teams best reason.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

They want to act as if they have a good LBing corp without him but we have a guy playing MLB that hasn't and he's been cut by a couple teams already and we got another that has a lingering groin injury that "hopefully" will heal up in time and a rookie. Sounds like a devastating corp to me????

Comment

They are really confusing me right now. I guess they could be pretty impressed with Jeanty? Maybe move Ahmad back to middle? who knows.

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I officially dub this season a full blown Crap-shoot

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
              Thats what it is looking like. Unless something breaks soon.
              I smell a grievance suit if that is the teams best reason.
              Odell's Agent reports that there won't be a grievance suit. There is definantly more to this story. Word is even in during the Rookie camp they had he showed up only one day to do some conditioning and various other work with trainers.

The Bengals may just not be impressed with his desire to get back into shape for the upcoming year. There could be some legitimate reasons for this. The timing may have been bad, but he does need to be serious about his work as well. I love Thurman and was hoping he would be able to preform well this year.

Blah its a shame.

Comment

I officially dub this season a full blown Crap-shoot
                Why because a player that may or may not have started got cut? I love Thurman more than the next guy and was excited about him being back...but we all as Bengal fans knew that this season wasn't riding on Thurman. We knew it was possible he may not have even played this year or ever. So how could losing Thurman make it a crap shoot?

Comment

He put up some great stats when he was a rookie. Over 100 tackles, 9 pass deflections, 1.5 sacks, five interceptions. Very good numbers.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Tust me... You don't have to remind us.

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                      Why because a player that may or may not have started got cut? I love Thurman more than the next guy and was excited about him being back...but we all as Bengal fans knew that this season wasn't riding on Thurman. We knew it was possible he may not have even played this year or ever. So how could losing Thurman make it a crap shoot?
                      Why? Because Odell is a natural MLB now we have Jones starting at MLB right now. He has only played a few games at MLB and is 30 years old. If Brooks gets injured again we are back to square one at LB. We have an average at best veteran in Jones, and a bunch of inexperienced guys at LB. Odell brings attitude we need.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

If we bomb this year we better pick Mauluga. That'd be a nice consolation.

Seriously, the situation at MLB MUST be straightened out. Not that I thought Odell was the guy but when he was on the roster that was one more potential player. Jones is serviceable, Ahmad is a beast but as we all know the health is a question mark... After that you put Rivers out of position I assume.

Ugh.

Comment

I'd honestly rather see Rivers-Ahmad-Jeanty than Rivers-Jones-Ahmad at this point.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Why? Because Odell is a natural MLB now we have Jones starting at MLB right now. He has only played a few games at MLB and is 30 years old. If Brooks gets injured again we are back to square one at LB. We have an average at best veteran in Jones, and a bunch of inexperienced guys at LB. Odell brings attitude we need.
                            As of the point before Odell was cut, he only brought us a player that hasn't played for 2 years and apparently wasnt fit enough to play this year. I think we as fans hyped him up so much that we want him to succeed and think he is something better than he is. I know I hyped him enough to at least make him seem godly to all my friends. He has always been a player I hoped would come back. But the bottom line is, apparently he wasnt fit enough to be a starting Line Backer on the Bengals. He was apparently not even worthy of being a back up. That has to say something, right?

Comment

This whole thing makes me sad because everyone knows what Odell is capable of but he obviously wast ready to meet the challenge. As of now I think our best bet is to have Brooks in the middle, with Jeanty at SLB, obviously leaving Rivers at WLB. Jones would serve well as a backup for Brooks and may even start the season at MLB if Brooks isnt healthy, although I expect him to be ready to go.

worker bees can leave
                              even drones can fly away
                              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Our 3 most talented LB's are clearly Brooks/Rivers/Jeanty.

Brooks to SLB only sucked for the reason it kept Jeanty off the field, while he's not some game breaker Jeanty gets the job done and wraps guys up.

As Hobbes said, Jones could be a supreme backup with a ton of experience. Never a bad thing.

With Odell gone, IMO, Ahmad has to be groomed back to MLB. It's his natural position and we're fine at SLB. I think Henderson could eventually become a solid backup as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information