Odell Cut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
    Odell's Agent reports that there won't be a grievance suit. There is definantly more to this story. Word is even in during the Rookie camp they had he showed up only one day to do some conditioning and various other work with trainers.

The Bengals may just not be impressed with his desire to get back into shape for the upcoming year. There could be some legitimate reasons for this. The timing may have been bad, but he does need to be serious about his work as well. I love Thurman and was hoping he would be able to preform well this year.

Blah its a shame.

IMO, Coach Lewis had probably moved on mentally with O-Dawg. He was in his doghouse for a while, and this is/was possibly the final straw. O'Dell seemed to be in Georgia longer than expected.

O'Dell was a awesome player for us, but this is just another example of him not being able to be counted on.

Pains me to say it too, I have O-Dawg's jersey and was really rooting for him to step in and make an impact for our team.
    Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

Comment

My jerseys consist of David Pollack and CJ. David's I will keep forever but CJ could be burned very soon. Im gonna get a Rivers one soon.

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
        As of the point before Odell was cut, he only brought us a player that hasn't played for 2 years and apparently wasnt fit enough to play this year. I think we as fans hyped him up so much that we want him to succeed and think he is something better than he is. I know I hyped him enough to at least make him seem godly to all my friends. He has always been a player I hoped would come back. But the bottom line is, apparently he wasnt fit enough to be a starting Line Backer on the Bengals. He was apparently not even worthy of being a back up. That has to say something, right?
        From what I understand it had nothing to do with him being in shape or worthy of a back up. He got cut for not making to camps which I believe to be ok because he grandma had just died and you dont know his relationship to his grandma. Everything is different for different people.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

Marvin said it had nothing to do with him missing camp. Maybe just his general attitude wasn't there. Regardless, he's gone and its time to move on without him. I'm still confident in this young group of defensive players and with some experience they could be a very solid unit.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

For the first time ever, I am not paranoid of our DLine ruining us this year. It is the LB core I am worried about. Keith Rivers I am fine with. But the other 2 spots have me a bit nervous.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

Yeah it's pretty rough that the "rock" at LB for us is a freaking rookie...

Comment

What are you talking about??? WE HAVE DHANI JONEZZZ!!!!!!
                Oh Christ we are f***ed at LB lol.
                Maybe if Brooking does get cut we should at least offer him a one year deal
                last year he had 110 tackles and 2 sacks. He is 32 though, but a one or 2 year deal wouldnt hurt until we draft Rey Maualuga.
                Last edited by Bengals78; 05-21-2008, 08:20 PM.

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

I think Dhani will be fine at MLB. He's a solid veteran player that will put people in spots to make plays. He can also make a few himself if the DLine plays up to par. He's gonna be flanked by two young LBers with limitless potential n if he can get them where they need to be till they are comfortable enough to do it themselves he could be pretty valuable. Don't forget he came in off the street and was a very solid player for us last season. Hard not to like a guy like that.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I wonder where he'll go. I'm hoping the Jets give him a look, but they never bother with high talent, low character guys. Its a shame too, because there could always be a guy who is looking for a change in scenery. Guess its a high risk thing.
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                      I think Dhani will be fine at MLB. He's a solid veteran player that will put people in spots to make plays. He can also make a few himself if the DLine plays up to par. He's gonna be flanked by two young LBers with limitless potential n if he can get them where they need to be till they are comfortable enough to do it themselves he could be pretty valuable. Don't forget he came in off the street and was a very solid player for us last season. Hard not to like a guy like that.
                      its not that i dont LIKE Jones, I just like Odell more lol

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

well everyone wanted Odell back and it sucks but hes a loser so he's gone. Dhani will be fine but we definitely need another MLB to groom behind him.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

R-e-y M-a-u-a-l-u-g-a

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

I am no more concerned about LB than I was before Odell was released. Of course, it would have been nice for him to work out. I also don't know why you guys think Jeanty should be out there more than Jones. Jeanty couldn't cover a rock that ran out of a backfield let alone cover an nfl TE or RB. I like the lineup with Rivers at WLB, Jones at MLB, and Brooks at SLB. It puts our best players on the field. Jeanty was supposedly a pash rush specailist from the CFL and yet I don't think he's had one sack yet.

My worry is still our dline. Your run defense is only as good as your Dline. Our Dline is showing promise and might be on the rise with them finally addressing it but we shall see. I think we need some more draft picks there for the future but I hope its atleast servicable this year.

Comment

Man it would be cool if we could trade CJ + another player **** even next years 1st for Patrick Willis. Oh then I woke up. The team is just falling apart, 2 years ago O'Dell looked like the steal of the draft, now hes a bum and a wasted 2nd round pick.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

Maualuga would be nice but I'm hoping we aren't even picking when he is available. Meaning we have a rly good season, which I think we can.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information