No announcement yet.

Chad Showed up but....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still would have liked to see the Bengals suck it up and take the offer from Washington in regards to getting their pick at #21 and another one the following year. I think with the addition of a pass catching TE in Utetch, not to mention a healthy backfield with Perry, would have lessened the blow of losing Chad's production.

There were many players out there that could have made an impact for us and the youngsters would have a trial by fire at WR. I was looking at some of the players taken at #21 and before we picked in the second:

Felix Jones or Rashard Mendenhall would have been a nice addition with the questions in the backfield.
    Kentwan Balmer would have been more than enough to make me happy at DT.
    Phillip Merling would have made nice depth at DE or even Kenny Phillips for safety depth.
    Chilo Rachal would have been nice at Guard or maybe pick a WR earlier like Hardy and then use a later pick on someone else.

We could what if it all day long, but I'm just saying I wouldn't have minded that deal getting done. Add in the additional pick next year would more than likely been a first, as Chad could reach the target in the markers, that sure would be nice as well.

Oh well, Chad is here and if he pulls his head out of his backside and plays well this year, there won't be much to complain about. I still think he's an assh*le though !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BengalMedic View Post
      I still would have liked to see the Bengals suck it up and take the offer from Washington in regards to getting their pick at #21 and another one the following year. I think with the addition of a pass catching TE in Utetch, not to mention a healthy backfield with Perry, would have lessened the blow of losing Chad's production.

There were many players out there that could have made an impact for us and the youngsters would have a trial by fire at WR. I was looking at some of the players taken at #21 and before we picked in the second:

Felix Jones or Rashard Mendenhall would have been a nice addition with the questions in the backfield.
      Kentwan Balmer would have been more than enough to make me happy at DT.
      Phillip Merling would have made nice depth at DE or even Kenny Phillips for safety depth.
      Chilo Rachal would have been nice at Guard or maybe pick a WR earlier like Hardy and then use a later pick on someone else.

We could what if it all day long, but I'm just saying I wouldn't have minded that deal getting done. Add in the additional pick next year would more than likely been a first, as Chad could reach the target in the markers, that sure would be nice as well.

Oh well, Chad is here and if he pulls his head out of his backside and plays well this year, there won't be much to complain about. I still think he's an assh*le though !!!
      Those all would have been nice pick ups, but none of them could do as much as much for us as Chad could =/

Comment

Key word there being "COULD"... While I am NOT about to argue what a "healthy" "non headcase" Chad brings to the table, I will argue that his presence right now is not helping anyone. If the ankle thing lingers on, then this is a real issue. Especially since the team told him to take care of it immediately following the season. He didn't... He's already making people look stupid by showing up and doing nothing. The organization has stood by and just let him do nothing. Ridiculous !!!

Once again, with the additions of Utecht and a healthy Perry out of the backfield, Chad's not being there would be reduced. Then we would have to hope for the best from our rookies. I personally would be ok with that.

I just feel there were other avenues that were available and I would have rather seen them makes the sacrifice now rather than later. If Chad has a bad season or he makes the ankle issue linger, do you think we will be getting a 1st with the possibility of another first with him being another year older ?? I don't think so...

Like I said, this is what we've got, but rest assured that the Chad circus is just reving up and it won't be coming to an end anytime soon. As a matter of fact, wait until we try to resign TJ and he makes MORE money than Chad. That will be funny !!!

Comment

hellz, I am still hopping for that eagles trade...two first rounders, laws, and another player that is getting less and less more likely to happen =(.

Comment

I hate when a player whines and gets his way. thats what separates these players from real players. are you here to win and play football or collect a paycheck. which is it? chad is def with the latter.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6849

And now you have this from Chad. Sounds like a man who got his butt handed to him. I mean really, what else is he going to say at this point ?? The only thing he can do is blame it on the business side of things and try to make nice. He can't afford to sit out and he should at least realize that his best chance of getting out (if that is what he wants) is to produce at a high level this season.

I'm not ready to forgive Chad, as I still think he's a grade A douchebag, but I like the direction this is going in. If he produces at a high level and the defense can step up, Chad just might have a pretty good chance of getting the Ring, he claims is the reason for wanting to leave the Bengals.

Comment

I still want a formal apology to the organization and the City of Cincinnati.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

yea I want the apology too! But I think this is the closest thing to an apology we are going to get.

Comment

Making the comment of, "I love you Cincinnati" just isn't enough in my book, but it's probably as close as we are going to get. Like I said, what else can he do but now state how he likes the look of the defense and how he hopes the fans understand it's just business.

I'm sorry, but when Chad said he doesn't care about how the fans view him, that is a slap in the face of all the fans that grew to love him and were happy he was the face of the organization.

I'd like to see something more along the lines of a public apology, because business or not, it was just wrong !!!

Comment

It's a step in the right direction.

I liked him placing blame on himself, talking up the defense, wanting to get back to work and realizing the fact that the organization wants a sane Chad around here.

Looks like for the time being at least, things won't be destroyed by having him around... Which I'm thankful for.

He needs to come out and say it was about money, I like how he said, "the contract will take care of itself". Of course it will, you either play and get paid... Or don't play and don't get paid.

Have to give Mike Brown/Marvin credit for laying the hammer down on him. It (to this point anyway) is keeping him around and even more importantly is telling other players there's no use in whining and moaning about your contract... Nothing is going to happen from it.

Until he fully grows a pair, my sig is going nowhere.

Comment

here here! and your sig should stay that way until he gets down on his hands and knees and begs Cincinnati and the Bengals fan base to forgive him.

Comment

I swear you guys are a bunch of salty 15 year old fans, just accept he's back and will help us win. Our offense would of died without him anyways just be happy they didn't trade him. He's the only bright spot this organization has left. TJ's no stud so stop talking up his stats, he lives off CJ. Carson is boring and we have no defensive superstars. CJ is the fuel for all the fans and we all love the celebrations and hopefully he has plenty more this season.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalsPwn View Post
                            I swear you guys are a bunch of salty 15 year old fans, just accept he's back and will help us win. Our offense would of died without him anyways just be happy they didn't trade him. He's the only bright spot this organization has left. TJ's no stud so stop talking up his stats, he lives off CJ. Carson is boring and we have no defensive superstars. CJ is the fuel for all the fans and we all love the celebrations and hopefully he has plenty more this season.
                            lol what? take deep breathes....

Comment

Originally posted by BengalsPwn View Post
                              Chad... What kind of numbers do you expect you're going to put up this year?

If a guy that bashes his teammates is all we have left we're even worse off than I thought. Like me accepting him back has any impact on the situation. I'm throwing out my opinion on a message board, give it a freaking break.

I liked Carl Pickens more than Chad.

Comment

well, your handle should be "BlakeToPickens" instead...
                                Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information