No announcement yet.

A Few Quick Notes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent' heard anything about the run stopping side of things either and that has been an ongoing problem since forever and why Ellis was such an attractive target in the draft. NO, I'm not complaining about Rivers either...

I would love nothing more than to see Sims come on and be the force most think he can be, but I just don't see it happening sooner rather than later. The one I would love to see come on even moreso than Sims, is Shirley. If he can get his sh*t together and learn the defense, this guy will be a beast. He would also give the defense the chance of running more 3-4 sets with him at the NT position. While I admit, that is something that will also happen later, it's one I hope gets pushed along quickly.

The run defense wasn't as bad as I and others might think when you look at the second half of last season. They held it together pretty well for the most part and the pass defense seemed to fall apart. I think that happened due to the complete LOSS of anything resembling a pass rush. Hopefully we've done enough to improve in both of those areas and the addition of Zimmer's attitude will motivate these guys !!!

Comment

I'm not going to get my hopes up with Shirley, he would be an added bonus IMO. Peko next to Sims could be a force in the middle.

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

The way things are looking right now...it looks to be Thornton and Peko. There really hasnt been much news around Sims and SHirley. THough Shirley has been in court so far most of the time. Then again no news is good news =)

Comment

I to believe we will continue to see more of the usual at the DT position and all I can say is, I hope it's enough...

Comment

Thornton will probably get most of the reps but Sims should be in the rotation from the get go.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
              Thornton will probably get most of the reps but Sims should be in the rotation from the get go.
              Here's to hoping that is the case and Thornton's character and leadership rub off on the youngsters !!! For his salary, THEY BETTER !!!

Comment

My hopes on Shirley are that he just stays out of trouble. Playing time should be a minimum unless he proves it at practice he deserves more.
                From my understanding, his court case seems to be going fairly well and should be resolved before too long.

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

I thought it was pretty much done with?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

"IF" Shirley can keep himself out of trouble AND learn the defense, this guy will be a monster in the middle of our defensive line. He's the type of fat body we have been looking for. Big, strong, and can actually run a little bit. If wouldn't have had the legal issues, this guy would have went FAR sooner in the draft.

Could be a huge pick, could be absolute garbage...

Comment

Originally posted by BengalMedic View Post
                      "IF" Shirley can keep himself out of trouble AND learn the defense, this guy will be a monster in the middle of our defensive line. He's the type of fat body we have been looking for. Big, strong, and can actually run a little bit. If wouldn't have had the legal issues, this guy would have went FAR sooner in the draft.

for a guy his size, shirley can run more than a little bit. guy can move.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

The great thing about the shirley is we covered the DT pick before we got him with pat Sims in the 3rd round. So if he does turn out to be a wasted pick, we have it covered.

What stings the most about Chris henry is the lack of replacement for him. If we had drafted another WR later then I think his departure wouldn't cut so deep (I looked @ the draft class and there were very few good receivers that year, but still a couple that would have been more valuable now in 08 than henry provided from 05-08).

Comment

Originally posted by BengalMedic View Post

Most of the time you dont strike gold in the 5th round. So its not so bad of a round to take a risk in. If he doesnt work out it isnt really a garbage pick. It is more of a pick where you cant lose anything but you could gain alot.

Comment

I'm all about them taking risks on high ceiling guys in the 4th round on. I don't mind 'character' concerns as long as they are good teammates (and didn't frequently screw up) in these later round guys because if they screw up... You cut a 5th round pick, kind of like you would do if you took a 5th rounder with not much of a ceiling.
                            Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 06-29-2008, 05:51 PM.

Comment

5th rounders dont even make teams half the time so if he f's up he is gone and no loss. we still got Simms and next years draft could be stacked to the high heavens with DTs

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

I think in next years draft we will be taking a LB or RB in the first rounds. I dont think a DT of high quality will be available at our spot in the first round. I think the only way we will land a coveted DT is if we are picking in the top5...I think we will be picking in the bottom 10 next draft so we will probably aim towards a RB or LB.

But back to the topic of Shirley. Basically if he doesnt work out he will be dropped. He is a major player to get in the 5th round. He dropped for the same reasons that Thurman or Henry would have dropped. He could be a beast if he gets everything straightened out, so lets hope he does.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information