Jerome Simpson. Thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BengalMedic View Post
    Nothing we didn't already know going in... He is raw and needs work. Great athlete with a ton of upside that doesn't need to produce right away. While I still like the pick, the only thing I will say is, there were far greater needs that we could have addressed on the defensive side of the ball.

Thats what I was thinking... If I was a Bengals fan I would've been irate with this pick. This kid has tools (jumping,running) but his lack of hands and route running will keep him on the sidelines for his career(however long or SHORT it will be).

Comment

I will politely disagree that he will have a career on the sidelines. That is what coaches are for and I will hold out any final judgements for at least the kids third year is over. The one position that has been hard to question the Bengals organization on in reference talent, is wide receiver. They just know how to evaluate the WR position better than average.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalMedic View Post
        The one position that has been hard to question the Bengals organization on in reference talent, is wide receiver. They just know how to evaluate the WR position better than average.
        Amen to that... I don't question them when it comes to Oline, WR or CB. Anywhere else is fair game.

Comment

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...son/index.html

Nice article on Simpson I found...

Comment

&@^$ it! I still think he won't be a decent player......But its tough to not root for a guy like that....

Comment

Always hard to judge how a WR may or may not do before he's even put on the pads and runs routes in a training camp. Not only that, given the fact it takes most WR's a couple, if not three years to get to a point where they are really productive, I will hold judgement. The Bengals ability to scout WR's should be reason enough to hold off right now.

Yeah, you have to love a kid like this though !!!

Comment

I am pulling for him. Reminds me a lot of David Pollack from a character standpoint. Gotta love this kid.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I never expect most rookies to make an immediate impact on the field or garner much playing time. Yeah I like to talk and hype them up but thats to keep my own hopes high.
                  I never expected Jerome to be a starter. I thought he was the absolute right pick at our spot. The Bengals wanted him and so did teams later in round 2.
                  We werent looking for a big tall receiver who is pretty much at their peek (Sweed/Hardy). We wanted the guy to groom to take over a big role not a slot guy.
                  And it is just wayyyy too early to tell. Everyone struggles at some point.

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

Simpson will have trouble, but he will be fine. Sidney Rice had trouble but now look at him seems to be coming out.

Comment

I would of been happier with the pick if Sweed and Jackson weren't still there. I was actually shocked that we passed up on the bigger names. But hopefully he turns out ok I guess....

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalsPwn View Post
                        I would of been happier with the pick if Sweed and Jackson weren't still there. I was actually shocked that we passed up on the bigger names. But hopefully he turns out ok I guess....
                        I dont think Sweed was the type of wide out we were looking for.
                        I was never sold on Jackson. He has huge questions to whether or not he will contribute past returns IMO

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          thats sad to hear about him. he was one of my favorite prospects in the draft and I really wanted him to end up on my Bears.

He should be able to get out of this funk though....maybe hes just one of those players that turns it on when he's in actual game conditions.
                          Why is it sad, you make it seem like he was cut lol...I heard some of the same things about Martellus Bennett for us, they have to learn the playbook, get acclomated to the speed and especially for Simpson the level of competition...Everyone knew going in he had upside and potential, but he wasn't the best guy to grab for immediate help..He is fine considering TJ and Chad should start right away, and the potential is there to take over as a #1 if both have to leave...Granted thats best case scenario, but I'm sure thats why they took him when they did, his measurables along with his athleticism, if all put together will make a very explosive WR, Caldwell is going to be more of an immediate help.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I would have bet the house when the Bengals were picking that Sweed's name was going to be called. I can honestly say I was in shock... Now, not so much !!!

Comment

eh, I didnt want Sweed. He had bust written all over him and I never really saw him as a dynamite receiver. Though I was also surprised he was passed on.

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                                eh, I didnt want Sweed. He had bust written all over him and I never really saw him as a dynamite receiver. Though I was also surprised he was passed on.
                                I saw sweed as a number two guy. not the future number one we need

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information