No announcement yet.

2009 Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today will be decision day for TJ, seems like MN due to him spending the night. I am impressed with the reported $ package Bengals put together, thats a serious offer although one could argue they could of went about it a different way by tagging him. Some talk about L Coles if TJ doesn't resign with us, I wouldn't overpay for him.

Dont think there are any centers worth pursuing, Brown was my only hope (Birk wont leave MN)

Benson or Ward signing is a priorty. We just have too many needs to fill

Agree DE FA would make sense

Comment

Yea, I was really surprised to hear we offered TJ that kind of money. A bigger contract than Plax apparently.

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I would like to see us pursue Cato June or Derrick Brooks. Either one could be a leader for the defense not to mention Keith Rivers learning from Derrick Brooks = heaven.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

Brooks and June don't fit their def scheme would rather have them draft a young LB that fits their scheme

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Brooks can play in nearly any system IMO. I agree about June.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

Ward is wanting Michael Turner money (yuck).
              Benson is talking well about the Texans (he's kinda from there).

Not very encouraging on the RB front.

With that said, I'm very happy with the way the FO is handling TJ. At this point, I'm content with him not re-signing here given the fact that we seem to have the highest offer.

Comment

Ward is ALMOST worth that much. If we draft Andre Brown in 3 or 4, a Brown/Ward duo would be sweet.

I still think if we can a DE and/or a LB in FA, resigning Benson won't be as big of a need.

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

I think they have to walk out of FA with a RB. Whether its Ward or Benson, it just has to happen. Even if they have to over pay for Ward, He's probably the best option.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                  Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I like what Ward brings, if we over pay him, I will be fine because it would make him our feature back and for a 4 year player, he has the carries of a 2 year guy and averages something like 5.6 a carry last season.

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

Skins just cut Jason Taylor.....I know it's improbable but I really wish we would send the money we had for TJ plus some.

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

Bucs sign Ward. Well, sh!t.
                        Oh well, focus on defense and Benson I hope

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

None of this should surprise any of us. Mike Brown sticks his head up his butt at the start of free agency and removes it when it is over. It has become painfully obvious that every player of any value will do about anything to escape here. Mike Brown is the onky one that does not understand it.

Looking towards the draft, a draft where we had hoped to possibly add a little depth, a nickel CB and a MLB will now become the draft that attempts to fill total voids at RB, FB, OT, WR, and C.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                            Bucs sign Ward. Well, sh!t.
                            Oh well, focus on defense and Benson I hope
                            The way its sounding now is that Benson is going to sign in Houston. Even if it only means a few snaps a game.

What the Bengals need to do is trade back in the first and gain extra picks.

Comment

I'm not too terribly upset about losing TJ. He wasn't a saint and had his issues (granted he's a WR) and it seems they were offering a decent contract.

However, there is absolutely zero excuse to not sign Benson. None. If they don't think he's their starter, fine but we do need a backup.

Comment

Ward signs with Bucs and now looks like we will lose Benson to Texans even though he will not start there and get only a few carries a game i am thinking we should trade back in the 1st and get a RB because if lose out on Benson we are ******

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information