Defense for '09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tank started either but I really think theres going to be a ton of moving around at DT this year so it won't really matter who the actual starter is. Tank is definitely more acclimated than Sims and I'm curious to see him back in a 4-3. Regardless, Sims, Peko, and Tank will all probably share the PT quite equally. I hope we see a little bit more of Jason Shirley as well.

I actually kind of disagree with Chick's take on what happens at LB in nickel situations. I would rather see Johnson and Rivers on the field at that time than Johnson and Maualuga. Its not really that I don't think Rey can thrive in that situation its just that Rivers and Johnson seem to be the best option in Nickel with Johnson being the sole LB in Dime.

I also don't think there is really going to be any competition as to who is our SS. Ndukwe has completely solidified that position IMO and I could actually see him making the Pro Bowl. Kyries Herbert is a capable backup/special teamer in his own right though.
    I agree on your Ndukwe take. He isnt fighting with Herbert at all. Its Ndukwe spot. I feel like we are stacked at FS. Crocker, White, and Lynch are all capable... I am really hoping Lynch can turn into a playmaker like he was in college. If not, then he will always be solid on Special teams.

I agree with you on the Rivers and Johnson rather than Johnson and Sting Rey as well. Rey is a good LB, but I am worried about him in pass coverage and when there is just too much open space.

The defense is very capable to be in the top 10 this season as is the offense. Things like that get your hopes up.

Comment

Didn't you guys bring in Roy Williams? Zimmer wanted to talk with him see if he was the same guy that he had when they were both in big D. I don't know if you need him, but he would be one more guy that could knock the piss out of somone just like Maualuga. And one of you said that zimmer likes to bring his safetys to rush the passer.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
        Didn't you guys bring in Roy Williams? Zimmer wanted to talk with him see if he was the same guy that he had when they were both in big D. I don't know if you need him, but he would be one more guy that could knock the piss out of somone just like Maualuga. And one of you said that zimmer likes to bring his safetys to rush the passer.
        Brought him in for the interview and all but thats all...not sure went down but we didnt sign him. Maybe we felt we had enough safeties.

Comment

i've noticed that in the official Bengals forums, people rarely mention Peko at all anymore...with the help we've gotten on defense I think he could have a good year.

RIP ST

Comment

The thing about Peko is he's not your flashy guy that explodes the line or gets to the QB. He just stops the RB, clogs holes and gets the job done.

I'm very happy with Peko, it's no coincidence that our run D has improved since he's taken over at NT.

I think it's just a matter of people getting more drawn in to the new additions and the LB/CB core since they're more 'flashy'. He has been quite the draft pick, I remembered we got blasted for taking him in the 4th.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYOuMWDVPcQ

i never get tired of that

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

Domata is one of my favorite players and I feel like last year he really blossomed. I consider him to be one of the better 4-3 DTs in this league.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information