Bengals Cut Levi Jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will he come expensive?

And if the Rams were to look into him, what could he provide to rookie RT Jason Smith?
    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
      Will he come expensive?

And if the Rams were to look into him, what could he provide to rookie RT Jason Smith?
      Well a season or so ago Levi was a Locker room cancer saying that he didnt want to be a Bengal and wanted to be traded. I dont think he would give much in the way of leadership. Basically you would be getting a LT past his prime with bad knees and no leadership capabilities.

Comment

Sounds like a Scott Linehan pick-up, not a Steve Spagnuolo one, thanks :)
        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
          Will he come expensive?

I don't know how much he will be wanting but i don't think it can be to much with his injury problems.

I think he could be a mentor to Jason Smith he is a pretty cool guy in person i met him at a hotel at the Bengals Training Camp in 2006 But at one time he was considered one of the best T in the league so i could see him as a mentor were ever he ends up and either being a decent starter if he gets over his injuries or providing good depth where ever he goes

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
            read the previous post.
            I did. I'm just wondering if it's a lock that Collins stays at LT. A 4th round pick that "held his own" makes me think he's less than a lock to be a better LT than the potential stud that is Smith.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
              I did. I'm just wondering if it's a lock that Collins stays at LT. A 4th round pick that "held his own" makes me think he's less than a lock to be a better LT than the potential stud that is Smith.
              Its who he held his own against. Im pretty sure he gave up roughly 2 or 3 sacks against the 3 best defenses in the NFL (Pitt, Bal & Philly).

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                Its who he held his own against. Im pretty sure he gave up roughly 2 or 3 sacks against the 3 best defenses in the NFL (Pitt, Bal & Philly).
                Gotcha. And obviously the FO has enough faith in him to cut Levi, so there's that.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                  Gotcha. And obviously the FO has enough faith in him to cut Levi, so there's that.

yeah, he has a lot of potential. he could have been a much higher draft pick had he stayed in college from what Ive heard.

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

Broncos Taking An Interest In Levi Jones

But as a back up Bills and Det have also been rumored to have shown an interest.

Comment

I have a question for you Bengals fans. What is your current depth chart as far as offensive lineman are concerned?

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
                        I have a question for you Bengals fans. What is your current depth chart as far as offensive lineman are concerned?
                        Well it depends on where Andre Smith plays.

My personal favorite would be:

LT - Anthony Collins - Scott Kooistra
                        LG - Andrew Whitworth - Nate Livings
                        C -Jonathon Luigs - Kyle Cook - Dan Stantucci
                        RG - Bobbie Williams - Nate Livings
                        RT - Andre Smith - David Roland

We have a couple other guys, but those are most of the guys I see playing (One of the centers being PS by season starts or at G)

Whitworth could bump to tackle if need be and Livings would take over his G spot.

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

Thanks for the information, and one more thing...your guys punter going to be this Huber?
                          Last edited by AJHawk50; 05-06-2009, 08:17 PM.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
                            Thanks for the information, and one more thing...your guys punter going to be this Huber?
                            Yes we cut the other 2 Punters we had on our roster including our punter of 5 years.

Comment

I really think Collins should be our LT. He played well there last season and most seem to think Andre Smith is best suited for RT.

Send Benson straight at Smith/Williams while Collins/Whitworth can keep the heat off Carson. Then we don't have Ghiaciuc in the middle which obviously helps...

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                                I really think Collins should be our LT. He played well there last season and most seem to think Andre Smith is best suited for RT.

Send Benson straight at Smith/Williams while Collins/Whitworth can keep the heat off Carson. Then we don't have Ghiaciuc in the middle which obviously helps...
                                The only scary point is that we have an unknown quality at C.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information