No announcement yet.

Bengals Cut Levi Jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Smith playing LT. Didn't Collins play RT in college anyhow? If he did wouldn't it seem fit to put him back to a place that he's done before rather than have Smith learn a position he's never played before?

Comment

Originally posted by lost33cause View Post
      I see Smith playing LT. Didn't Collins play RT in college anyhow? If he did wouldn't it seem fit to put him back to a place that he's done before rather than have Smith learn a position he's never played before?
      Thats the huge debate right now on Collins. He seems he can play both LT and RT. He can def do both...it just depends on if Smith is better at LT or RT. I think they will slot him first.

The team feels confident enough to cut Jones...so they must feel that if anything happens they can move Collins or Smith to either side and Whitworth to the side that isnt being filled.

Comment

Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
        I have a question for you Bengals fans. What is your current depth chart as far as offensive lineman are concerned?
        It's not as simple as that for the Bengals due to the fact that the team likes to use their linemen in a variety of places and positions. They like to think every lineman they have on the roster can play two or three positions.

What is settled is the starting Right Guard spot (Bobbie Williams).

The Center job will go to Kyle Cook/Dan Santucci or rookie Jonathan Luigs with Cook looking to have a small advantage.

What's left are three positions that seem unclear.

If the team doesn't feel Andre Smith or Anthony Collins is ready to assume the starting left tackle job, it will mean Smith at RT, Nate Livings at LG, and Andrew Whitworth at LT.

If Andre Smith wins the LT job as many expect him to, Anthony Collins will start at RT, and Andrew Whitworth will control the LG spot.

If the team feels comfortable with Anthony Collins at Left Tackle then it's likely Andre Smith will man the right side and Andrew Whitworth will be in at Left Guard.

Unclear at the moment. Sorry my answer is a bit vague

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

I see my man BIG Andre Smith already getting guys fired. I felt he really was best OT in the draft, lets remember he was the only junior outta the bunch. He has tremendous upside.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information